Post-Game Talk: DuckDuckDuckDuck Goose: Pens 0 Ducks 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Honestly things could be worse.. Tomlin could be coaching this team.. I would break my tv if he took over the Pens with his constipated face

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Honestly things could be worse.. Tomlin could be coaching this team.. I would break my tv if he took over the Pens with his constipated face
woowoo_medium.gif

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
It's personnel. Schultz is hurt, Letang is Letanging instead of playing his position and Daley is gone. Those were the guys who liked to make that play apart from Maatta, who is crowded constantly.

Trevor Daley is one player they miss more than anyone realizes... he was paul martin light at his best... not flashy but effective... at only 3 years and 3 mil per I was amazed they didn't bring him back... i guess they really thought Pouliot was taking the leap for sure

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Trevor Daley is one player they miss more than anyone realizes... he was paul martin light at his best... not flashy but effective... at only 3 years and 3 mil per I was amazed they didn't bring him back... i guess they really thought Pouliot was taking the leap for sure

Daley seemed to drag any of his partners down in 16/17. He got better in the playoffs. His skating was a big asset in the playoffs. Not a good contract to sign.

We probably needed a change on our D. Not an upgrade but just different.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Oh, they miss him massively, but I don't think JR was wrong not to bring him back. Guy whose game is build around mobility and has bad knees isn't someone you want to sign to a 3 year deal in his mid-30s. The Pens need more guys like what Daley was, not Daley-now.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Was really busy most of the day and caught the end (lucky me)... was there an announcement that Simon is sick/hurt or did he seriously think Kuhn just has to get in there?

What does this team need skill and offense for when clearly being able to block shots on the PK is much more important?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Some commenters in the PG mention a "rumor" that Sid, G and Letang hate Sully, likely over keeping Murray over MAF. Speculate they are playing this way to get him fired. Anyone heard anything like this?

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Some commenters in the PG mention a "rumor" that Sid, G and Letang hate Sully, likely over keeping Murray over MAF. Speculate they are playing this way to get him fired. Anyone heard anything like this?

That’s not Sully’s call. Doesn’t seem credible because no one with a brain would have kept Fleury over Murray.

Plus throwing away a season doesn’t seem likely and if that was the case maybe Reaves should punch them all in the face for the good of the team. :laugh:

Treent1

Jun 5, 2017
You've gotta be kidding, right?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
That’s interesting if it’s true. But wouldn’t they be angry with JR more so than Sully? He’s the one that protected Murray and traded a second to ensure Vegas took Fleury.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That’s interesting if it’s true. But wouldn’t they be angry with JR more so than Sully? He’s the one that protected Murray and traded a second to ensure Vegas took Fleury.

I don't know...the comment was along the lines of "Sully backed keeping Murray over MAF," not that it ultimately was his decision. But that Murray was his guy and he sided with Murray when the discussions were had....

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I don't know...the comment was along the lines of "Sully backed keeping Murray over MAF," not that it ultimately was his decision. But that Murray was his guy and he sided with Murray when the discussions were had....
Ahhh got it. I hope the rumor isn’t true.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
do something JR... just dont trade out first, it might be the highest pick weve hade since Pouliot.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Don't even give a shit if we move our first as long as we're getting a long-term player back. If we move the 1st rounder, it better be for a guy who will be around for the long haul. Time for JR to put the pedal down and go for a big shakeup. This isn't and has never been a tweak and see situation. We're gonna need some serious changes to wake guys up and change the complexion of this team.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
And go ...
Ownership will never trade Crosby but for the Penguins to remain elite in the future Malkin , Kessel , Letang all need to be traded by the deadline this season or by the draft this summer . The ride is over avoid becoming Colorado , Detroit who were once great teams who are now happy if their able to just make the playoffs .

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Ownership will never trade Crosby but for the Penguins to remain elite in the future Malkin , Kessel , Letang all need to be traded by the deadline this season or by the draft this summer . The ride is over avoid becoming Colorado , Detroit who were once great teams who are now happy if their able to just make the playoffs .

b0RmW_s-200x150.gif

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Let me guess...to the Habs for Ryder, Halak and a 2nd? I mean for your junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad