GDT: Duck Trek Mission 9: The Weeping of the Shrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Ricky played less than 7 minutes tonight. That's not good.

This is why I think they need to put Cogliano with Rakell and Sekac. It'd give us 3 really good lines. Cogs can help out the kids (he's really backchecking well)

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Got kind of buried as the OT goal came right after, but I loved that pass by Andersen to Beleskey for the breakaway, it is the one thing I see our goaltender do that none others really can.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Hey fellas. Just wanted to come say GG to y'all in a place where it (hopefully) won't get spat on by bitter fans of other teams.

Given how this season was expected to go, I have no qualms with the Flames losing to a powerhouse Ducks team. Your team is set to go on a long run and I hope you get to experience all the highs that come with that.

Best of luck the rest of the way!

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I feel much better. I'd rather be painted by the main board as the team that doesn't deserve to skate on the same ice with the Blackhawks than the clear favorite. All is right with the world.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
if we can find a way to contain kane then it might be alright. but if kanes out there against vats/stoner its gonna get ugly

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yeah, I'd like another line to play too. I'm wondering if Wiz is going to get a shot, Stoner and Vatanen seem to be changing back to pumpkins. Joel Q. is a great coach, he'll see those struggles on tape and gameplan around it.

BB can't be eaten up in matchups that obvious.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
will james wisniewski ever see game action in the playoffs this year? hes a decent offensive dman with a booming shot.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
will james wisniewski ever see game action in the playoffs this year? hes a decent offensive dman with a booming shot.
After Stoner-Vatanen's performance over last 3 games I'd say it's a chance.

Biggest issue for Wiz is that you'd probably have to break up Fowler-Despres to accommodate him which wouldn't be ideal as that pairing has been outstanding in playoffs. Unless BB decides to go with Stoner/Vatanen-Wiz. But I'm not sure he'd be too keen to given how terrible it was in the regular season.

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
I always am late to properly woriship the greatness that is C.I.s GDT :bow::bow::bow:

Feel like an Ewok in the presence of 3CPO :laugh:

WE WON :yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
What I find pretty funny is, while all the other teams were trying to figure out who was getting in the playoffs, I remember all the Canadian teams were like, "F yeah, 5 Canadian teams, Canada's game!", and now they are all hating on each, in their throats hating each other more than the team that knocked them out, save for Van and Ott. I don't know why but I just think thats funny. Might be all the beers catching up to me :laugh:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
could do fowler vatnanen. beauchemin and wiz. two veterans stablizing pair. 3rd pairing lindholm/stoner?
Not sure changing all 3 defensive pairings right before a series against one of the best teams in the NHL would be a smart decision.

getzforfighting*

Wis has been practicing on the left side with Holzer during the postseason. If hes ready to go I'd throw him in with Vatanen if Stoner gets burned wide in game 1.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Maybe this is better for another topic, but do you guys think Bruce is safe for another year with making it to the Conference Finals?

Personally, I think if he he goes deep in this series (6-7 games) or make it to the Finals, he should be back... but if we lose in 4 or 5 games this round... I'm still not entirely sure???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad