Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Duck Trek, Mission 9: The Weeping of the Shrew

Captain Getzlaf's Personal Log, supplemental:

We are currently on the surface of D'yanoi, an ancient Tau world, discussing trade and peace negotiations with the native Tau inhabitants. The Tau, are a race of lithe humanoids and while frail in stature, are an incredibly advanced technological race. We are hoping to broker terms of a peace treaty and as a sign of good will have come to this planet at the behest of the main Tau governing body. D'yanoi was cut off from the Tau Empire for many years and as such its inhabitants are often described as "rustic" and "backwards" by other Tau. Being from the Canadian Province of Saskatchewan, I can relate. The planet D'yanoi itself is an oddity, the word D'yanoi, I am told, means "Twin Moons" and because of the complex orbit of this planet's two moons, that I will not go into detail about at this present point in time, the planet neither experiences nite nor day, it is forever shrouded in perpetual, never ending twilight. Not that I am superstitious or anything, but after three days, it has me on edge and seeing shadows a lot. We are here bringing with us, a gift from the Federation, large amounts of provisions, medical supplies and other necessities as a token of good will, in return the D'yanoi have given us a few of their battle suits. We in the federation have never seen technology like this before. It is as incredible as it is mind boggling. I hope to..........

Captain Getzlaf: Damn it guys, I have no idea what he's talking about, but it looks like we may get a chance to break in these new battle suits early. Secruity, get those Fire Warrior outfits on! Battle stations every one, red alert!

Sunday, May 10th, your Anaheim Ducks host the Calgary Flames at 7pm Best Coast Time, with a chance to advance to the WCF!!! :D

The Flames:

The Ducks:

Well, after all that, I guess all that is left to say is:

Last edited:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I just noticed that there's one spelling mistake, but every gdt I've done so far has had one quirk. so far so good, so I will leave it and not risk jynxing it by fixing it :laugh:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Great GDT again :nod:

I fully expect Anaheim to win this one, the matchup is very favourable to us at home, especially with getting top line out against matchup we want and with the form they're in it would be a pretty big fail to not finish them off. Hopefully Anaheim has their head in the game from the start.

The Mighty Duck

#9 all the way...
Mar 3, 2011
Germany
Great GDT again :nod:

I fully expect Anaheim to win this one, the matchup is very favourable to us at home, especially with getting top line out against matchup we want and with the form they're in it would be a pretty big fail to not finish them off. Hopefully Anaheim has their head in the game from the start.

Absolutely crossing my finger on this. Hope they are focused and produce like a Game 7 for them, because then we will be alright, imo.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Fantastic work yet again, CI! Data, I mean Despres looks like he's ready to not blink all night. Allons-y!

Flick of the Switch

Apr 26, 2015
40K? In our GDT? I may have a man-crush on CI :blush:

Time to end the Flames' suffering boys. This smells like the twins will dominate tonight. :handclap:

KatellaKid

Jul 9, 2013
Calgary will come with everything they've got but there is something different about this team compared to years past. 5-2 Ducks

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
yd2VJbs.gif

getzforfighting*

Don Cherry says the Ducks don't have the killer instinct, I want to see that old man eat crow. Lets go Ducks!

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Awesome job, CI!

Although, a missed opportunity with the battle armor would have been to put Cogs in an Iron Man armor. I dunno if you knew the nuance that Cogs is Iron man, though.

The Not so-weeping angels of Calgary lifeforms (NaCl) are coming to North america, Orange county, Honda center (NaOH). Is this the case of Nacl over NaOH?

(Thought I'd carry it over from the last thread. ha!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad