GDT: Duck Trek Mission 7: The Demon Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Palms need to be benched...but has Jackman done a single thing all playoffs you remember? A hit? Anything? no.

DaDucks*

Maroon - Getz - Perry
Bels - Kesler - Silf
Sekac - Rakell - Cogs
Flash - Thompson - Etem

Maybe swap Cogs/Etem on lines 3 and 4.

Make it ****ing happen BB, but of course that's just dreaming because I know he won't.

Cogs has never worked with Rakell. I'd move Thompson to the 3rd, but still give the 4th line over ten minutes of ice time

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Jackman literally hasn't done a single thing I remember, can anyone else remember a single play a hit even a good defensive play in either Jets or Flames matchup

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Or just drop Vatanen out of the line-up except for the home ice where he can be properly sheltered.

Sami had a rough night, but keeping him out of the line-up is overreacting. Keep that pairing together, just be a bit more aware of match ups. Calgary was taking advantage when they were on the ice. The message, to the coaches, should be that they need to minimize that. The top 4 can handle a few extra minutes on the road. Stoner gets time on the PK. Sami on the PP. It's an easy fix.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Defense is fine. Despite stoner never being able to clear the zone to save his life. They made some mistakes but i thought the d played really good road game for two periods. They just stopped skating and forechecking in the third.

prettymutch

Apr 11, 2011
San Jose
Ducks played fine, and I'm not that worried to be honest. I'm salty about the no call trip on Fowler after a faceoff, the elbow on Beleskey, the even-up on Despres, and OT in general. But the Ducks need to close out that game. No doubt about it.

Tighten up the really stupid penalties, and fix the bottom line.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Stoner didn't look to who he was passing to one time all night. He got pressured and tried to bat the puck up the boards and failed miserably. He's going to cost us against an actual good team (The Blackhawks)

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
We were bound to lose a game sooner or later. I felt the guys were not quite as physical as in the first two games. That needs to change.

Vatanen isn't bringing much positive in the play-offs. Stupid penalties and lost games.

7 points in 7 games, +6. And we have lost one game. One.

I hope CI is fine and still up for the next GDT.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Stoner didn't look to who he was passing to one time all night. He got pressured and tried to bat the puck up the boards and failed miserably. He's going to cost us against an actual good team (The Blackhawks)
Problem is that top 4 has been far too good to be broken up and Vatanen-Wiz looked like a dumpster fire on the occasions it was tried in the regular season.

So unless we bring in Holzer (lol) we'd have to break up the top 4 which I'd really not be a fan of doing.

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
Ducks really need to pick up their play if they want to beat the Hawks, because that's the series I'm nervous for. Their play this game is enough to win a series against a low level team like the Flames, but definitely not the Hawks. Hawks will lunch on us if we keeping making constant stupid mistakes like that.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Ducks need some adversity because if we make it past Calgary we won't be facing "cupcake" teams anymore. Overcome it now and be prepared for the next round(s).

TheGoodShepard

Mar 29, 2014
Probably a good thing that I didn't watch this game, so I'm not worried mainly because it seems like we played the absolute worst game we could have possibly played and they still needed a bunch of help from the officials to beat us.

Also, just box score watching, but we really won 40/59 draws on the road?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Problem is that top 4 has been far too good to be broken up and Vatanen-Wiz looked like a dumpster fire on the occasions it was tried in the regular season.

So unless we bring in Holzer (lol) we'd have to break up the top 4 which I'd really not be a fan of doing.

Seriously, the coaches just need to manage the ice time a little. It's a match up battle. We can afford to play the top 4 a little more to try to avoid unfavorable match ups on visiting ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad