Proposal: Duchene to CGY

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
what a garbage offer for duchene.
not even close to what the sens gave up...and not even gonna give a 1st?

yikes

Bennett
Jankowski
Kylington
1st

that gets the sens talking

Reactions: SensFactor

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
An extended Duchene? Yeah, probably fair.

We’re not going to do it though. Would rather just wait until Duchene hits UFA if we even went for him.

the flames have 14 mil cap with no goalie, and they need to throw 6-7 mil or so at tkachuk
how are they gonna pay duchene 8mil+ in UFA?
also why would duchene wanna go to calgary?

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Duchene will no doubt be traded, but not until the trade deadline and it will probably be for futures. Perhaps he'd return a late first round pick (in the range of #25 - #31 overall) and a middling prospect.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
the flames have 14 mil cap with no goalie, and they need to throw 6-7 mil or so at tkachuk
Did you not read my last line? “If we even went for him”

Thanks for answering what I already knew.

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
what a garbage offer for duchene.
not even close to what the sens gave up...and not even gonna give a 1st?

yikes

Bennett
Jankowski
Kylington
1st

that gets the sens talking
Well what would you offer?

BigCanadian

Mar 7, 2007
Kanata
That is a significant overpayment for a rental
All deals must also include taking Zach Smith. He is our new Bobby Ryan. Unless you want the real goods in Bobby Ryan, 'cause he could also be part of the package. Want a really good deal? Take them all and you can likely get Duchene for FREE!!! Hurry though, supplies are limited.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Would Valimaki+protected 1st+another prospect be available for an extended Duchene?

Valimaki is untouchable in Calgary. I’ve been pumping his tires for the past number of months since I watched him more in the dub.

He came into preseason, played like he already belongs in the NHL. This guy has top pairing upside, and we’re not moving that.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome

Hmm let’s see, maybe trade Stone or Frolik?

And you’re right, he wouldn’t want to go to Calgary. He wants to go to toronto.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Let's just ignore the fact that these Duchene offers are ridiculous think the Sens can get Tkachuk, Vali or a first. But the Flames can't afford his cap hit no matter what unless Sens take Frolik back and the Flames rock 2 rookie goalies next season.

Reactions: lifelonghockeyfan

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Let's just ignore the fact that these Duchene offers are ridiculous think the Sens can get Tkachuk, Vali or a first. But the Flames can't afford his cap hit no matter what unless Sens take Frolik back and the Flames rock 2 rookie goalies next season.

Wait, wait, what?? Duchene and B. Tkachuk for Valimki or a 1st? thats fine with me ;) take the 1st, top 2 protected though

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The Flames don't need Duchene, we don't need to add anyone at this point unless we sustain an injury or are looking like a contender come the deadline. Even then, does Duchene supplant Backlund as the 2C? I'm not 100% sure he does. He sure wouldn't supplant Gaudreau or Tkachuk if he shows any further progression on the left side. Paying what it would cost to add a guy like him who may be placed on our 3rd line, that is too rich for my blood.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad