Proposal: Duchene to CGY

Nov 24, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
It seems although as if it would be a lesser cost to acquire Duchene than Stone.
Adding Duchene would allow Calgary to really have some of the best Center depth in he league with Monahan, Duchene, Backlund, Ryan.

CGY trades: Michael Stone, Sam Bennett, Oliver Kylington & a 2nd round pick.

OTT trades: Duchene.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Here. Take this random pile of crap for your 1C

I know this is Ottawa we're talking about but I don't think even they're that stupid

I’m not so sure anymore. Save them some money and you get a great deal from Ottawa.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Here. Take this random pile of crap for your 1C

I know this is Ottawa we're talking about but I don't think even they're that stupid

giphy.gif

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
If they can’t re sign him and this is the best they can get they should do it. I think another team will out bid this, not by much though.

Reactions: Potty John

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I do think CGY could be a good fit for Duchene with all of the pieces Calgary has, but you have to give a better offer than that. I'd think two of Bennett/Dube/Valimaki would have to be involved at least.

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
Ottawa needs a 2019 first round pick back for one of either Duchene or Stone. If they trade them - that's a minimum ask to recoup. Kylington a first and a second might do it.

Reactions: Hasbro

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I do think CGY could be a good fit for Duchene with all of the pieces Calgary has, but you have to give a better offer than that. I'd think two of Bennett/Dube/Valimaki would have to be involved at least.

That Neal contract is going to be a pain in the arse. He's the new Stajan.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011

I don’t see why Calgary should do this for a UFA

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
Ottawa needs a 2019 first round pick back for one of either Duchene or Stone. If they trade them - that's a minimum ask to recoup. Kylington a first and a second might do it.
they need their own pick really, its gonna be 1pick if not lottery gonna screw colorado

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Kinda disappointed the thread title isn't the old HF special, "Let's Re-Unite the Stone Brothers".

pagegallagher15

Aug 19, 2017
Seems like everyone either forgets or ignores the fact, Duchenes contract is up at the end of the year. His trade value is dropping. Dougie stole Karlsson off Ottawa, someone can steal Duchene off them too because lets be honest, he wont resign in that train wreck of a city now

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Need a 19 first in there. Every top rental has gotten a first ++. Duchene is much better than some of the rentals from previous years.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Seems like everyone either forgets or ignores the fact, Duchenes contract is up at the end of the year. His trade value is dropping. Dougie stole Karlsson off Ottawa, someone can steal Duchene off them too because lets be honest, he wont resign in that train wreck of a city now

Everyone also seems to forgets that top rentals always get a 1st +++. Duchene is much better than rentals from previous years. Stone is camp dump. Bennett is a bust. Kylingntom is ok and a 2nd is not enough.

Reactions: JackFr

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Everyone also seems to forgets that top rentals always get a 1st +++. Duchene is much better than rentals from previous years. Stone is camp dump. Bennett is a bust. Kylingntom is ok and a 2nd is not enough.
The advantage of a rental is you get to add a star player for very little extra on your cap. A player you couldn't afford all year. Plus all playoff games are free as salary is for regular season only. In some instances rentals are more valuable then having the player all year round.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Dillon Dube, Sam Bennett, a 2019 1st and Oliver Kylington to the Sens for Duchene and a mid level prospect.

Hard hard pass. And it doesn't work cap wise.

While I don't rate Bennett as high as most Flames fans here, or Kylington for that matter, Dube is a keeper and we need young impact forwards on ELC's with our cap situation. And we need to keep our first this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad