Proposal: Duchene to Calgary

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
lol u guys are overreacting holy ****. Hes an almost ppg centre what do u mean he has no value? That video is not gonna make him worthless. From the Flames i would offer Jankowski+ any good prospect+ a conditional first (becomes a 2nd if the duche doesnt re-sign). Sens fans how do u feel about that? What would be a counter offer u guys would make if u dont like it?

Yeah most people have let off steam about their co-workers and bosses when times are a little rough. Its 100% natural and Id be shocked if they guys they explicitly mentioned never said something similar in their careers. It looks bad from a PR stand and the apology is expected and understandable but this in no way drops the value of any player int hat car.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
So when you're unhappy with your boss it's ok to just stop caring about your job? Is that acceptable at your place of employment? Why would it be OK for a multimillionaire athlete?

Duchene doesn't seem to have a winner's mentality, and I suspected that long before this most recent episode. Wouldn't want him on my team.
Im gonna assume you have never been to a bar with your close work friends after a long day or a day where you felt like a task or request of you was pointless.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Trade him for Bennett & 1st rd pick
Bennett is a no go right now.

That's also an overpayment for a rental. Duchene sends like the kind of player who wants to play the FA market and pick his own team.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I very much doubt that Calgary's first round pick is going to be in play unless it brings back a young under contract for a while player that can be added to the teams young core.

Like I said, I doubt Douchene is a target for the Flames, offensively they are scoring goals and getting contributions from players outside of the first line.

The concern is defensively, goaltending and offense from the blueline. Duchene doesn't check any of those boxes.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Duchene is a fine player but his attitude is of real concern. Avalanche went from historically bad to playoffs with the simple subtraction of Duchene and the addition of 19 year old Girard.

Sens went from ECF game 7 and were in a playoff spot before the Duchene trade. Traded away lockeroom favorite Turris for Duchene (who is an upgrade in skill) but became a dumpster fire instantly. Then this video leaks out that he just gives the minimum attitude.

Yes we all have those moments where we shit talk our bosses. But there's a difference between everyone knowing about it and not knowing about it. You can't just ignore the fact he said it. If we all spoke our minds all the time to everyone no one would have any friends. Those words do matter.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Duchene’s value is still very high. That video did nothing for dropping his value, though it made it slightly more likely that either Duchene or said coach are gone by next season.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
According to McKenzie it is looking like they're getting quite close on an extension. So y'all can hold onto your proposals and well-informed hot takes for the time being.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
According to McKenzie it is looking like they're getting quite close on an extension. So y'all can hold onto your proposals and well-informed hot takes for the time being.

That's not what Bob said. He said there is open dialogue between the two sides and Duchene may stay if the price is right.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
That's not what Bob said. He said there is open dialogue between the two sides and Duchene may stay if the price is right.

Which implies progression right? You can interpret that in a lot of ways. It's clearly not a foregone conclusion that he is out the door as the HF Sens Meme influencers would lead you to believe.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Which implies progression right? You can interpret that in a lot of ways. It's clearly not a foregone conclusion that he is out the door as the HF Sens Meme influencers would lead you to believe.

Progression sure. Close is not implicitly implied.

I'm not arguing that Duchene is leaving. I'm just saying you are not entirely advertising what Bob said correctly.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Progression sure. Close is not implicitly implied.

I'm not arguing that Duchene is leaving. I'm just saying you are not entirely advertising what Bob said correctly.
At this point I’ll hang out to any shred of positivity we can get.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’m sure management talks crap about players to, get over it people. Duchene is still going to get a big return at the deadline (or before) and get a big contract in free agency.

Incinerator

Nov 6, 2018
Matt Duchene has been linked to Calgary for years, he could put the Flames offense over the top.
Wouldn't mind moving out futures for him at all.

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
Jankowski + 2nd at the deadline.

I'd MAYBE do Jankowski + Kylington if it happens soon, and theres a chance of signing him. Really wish we hadn't signed Neal last off-season, especially with the decent crop of upcoming UFAs.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Ottawa's failure is management. Haven't you ever been an employee in a toxic workplace?

This is exactly the situation in Ottawa, so I doubt Duchene is even trying...you lose the will to go on sometimes when your leaders only care about themselves and their own pay cheques.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
You can tell which people don't actually watch Sens games in this thread. Duchene is absolutely amazing.
The main reason to watch the Sens would be the off ice stuff. :)
We saw clips of the "balloon drop" fiasco & now "Ubergate".:laugh:

A camera in their locker room during the Karlsson/Hoffman troubles would have attracted a huge audience. :nod:

As a rental that will be expensive to re-sign Duchene will bring back much less than Karlsson & maybe even less than Hoffman who was @ least a cost controlled asset for 2 years.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
So, our pre-game shows on TSN1200 are usually a decent listen. We have Steve Lloyd (massive homer), Gord Wilson (pxp guy, massive homer) and I think Ian Mendes (fairly decent reporter) on. Gord Wilson took a massive risk by bringing up the fact Duchene admitted not listening for three weeks, and that this is could be a concern.
He was hushed by Steve LLoyd, who was probably afraid for his job if he criticized the team too much.

I would not expend too many assets for Duchene. He brings some obvious great offensive tools but he's a little flaky, like Jason Spezza was. You will need to insulate him and potentally group dynamics him so he becomes a team player.
I'm not sure why Calgary would want him, they have a ton of young talent out there. Duchene is someone you grab when you have a good veteran core and you can tell him to shut his piehole and do his skill game. Every team needs someone like this, you just need to be careful.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If Sens can extend him decent term, like 4-5 yrs, okay, otherwise have to admit it was a costly gamble, and must sell at market return than take nothing if he likely walks, rather than capitulate to Sens offer.

Market varies with team.
It is not a sin to wanna play for a winner, nor to be critical of staff;
however, that is done ambiguously, not open cause otherwise can feed team dissension.
Still, you will have a small core of suitors, but they want to pay their price, not max you hope to command.

Possible others are a (better) fit, but first that comes to mind are Habs.

If Price is willing to go, he has value, and him moving would enable Montreal to have adequate cap to both control the term but also give Duke enough $ to make him happy camper.

something around
Duke + sweetener
for
Price and conditional 1st in 2020 if Duchene extends

something like that works on paper, esp. since Habs have a good G prospect not that far away, can stopgap a yr if nec.

Price has the worst contract in the league. No way in hell anyone touches it, let alone offer up a 1C in return.

Incinerator

Nov 6, 2018
For a re-signed Matt Duchene, I'd be okay with a Flames offer of

Sam Bennett, Oliver Kylington, + 2019 1st.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
The main reason to watch the Sens would be the off ice stuff. :)
We saw clips of the "balloon drop" fiasco & now "Ubergate".:laugh:

A camera in their locker room during the Karlsson/Hoffman troubles would have attracted a huge audience. :nod:

As a rental that will be expensive to re-sign Duchene will bring back much less than Karlsson & maybe even less than Hoffman who was @ least a cost controlled asset for 2 years.
We’re a pretty fun team to watch and tied with your flyers in the standings. You really think Duchene would get less than Hoffman? Look at deadline returns last year. People in this thread really have no idea how good Duchene is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad