Rumor: DUCHENE THREAD: Garrioch: Sens "aggressively" pursuing Duchene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I don't understand the big deal even if the Habs did start following those guys. Seems like a whole lotta nothing to me

Habs Twitter account only follows 180 people and you don't find it suspicious that they would follow Matt Duchene in the middle of all these rumors that include Montreal as one of the teams interested in him?

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Habs Twitter account only follows 180 people and you don't find it suspicious that they would follow Matt Duchene in the middle of all these rumors that include Montreal as one of the teams interested in him?

trying to mess with people

they know

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Lol it's not the Habs verified account........

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Us as in the Avs? Lol

If Varly is back to his old self, and everyone stays healthy, and a few of the young guys are better than expected, it could plausibly happen. Duchene with a chip on his shoulder and Yak on his wing might just work, especially if Mack/Rant pull the defensive focus.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
If Varly is back to his old self, and everyone stays healthy, and a few of the young guys are better than expected, it could plausibly happen. Duchene with a chip on his shoulder and Yak on his wing might just work, especially if Mack/Rant pull the defensive focus.

So pretty much if everything goes right then....I'd say it's a pipe dream but the Avs had a big turnaround in the 13-14 season right? Went from last to first in their division. So it's not impossible but it's just really really unlikely.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

:laugh: so in a perfect world. Well in a perfect world everyone is a :stanley: champion.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida

they also follow jimmy fallon, is he the new color commentator?

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
So pretty much if everything goes right then....I'd say it's a pipe dream but the Avs had a big turnaround in the 13-14 season right? Went from last to first in their division. So it's not impossible but it's just really really unlikely.

The team was a playoff bubble team two years ago. Last year, everything went wrong. If they return to form with everyone healthy, and the youth movement produces a few good pieces this season, a wild card spot isn't completely out of the question.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
You know, you can take 3 seconds to see if that is actually real, because it's obviously not.

https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/following

You're actually wrong.

The picture was 100% real at the time. They followed him and then unfollowed him.

Not that it even matters, my post was intended to be tongue and cheek. I guess all this stuff is super sensitive to you guys :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Y'all realize that anyone can change their name on Twitter, follow someone and it'll show up like that? I can go on Twitter and change my name to Canadiens Montreal, hit follow on Matt Duchene's account, take the screenshot of "Canadiens Montreal" following Matt Duchene and then unfollow and change the name back, right? Like it's such a non-story.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Good luck with that. :)

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
I dont understand why Sakic still has a job after all this. He has done nothing but make his team worse and worse. Telling avs fans as an oiler fan.. get the Old boys club out of front office

member 116861

I dont understand why Sakic still has a job after all this. He has done nothing but make his team worse and worse. Telling avs fans as an oiler fan.. get the Old boys club out of front office

Right because it's our choice and we love Sakic as our GM.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016

As a Sabres fan do NOT want. Alex Nylander and a pick/prospect is the absolute most, anything more than that and I'd be livid at Jason Botterill. Not giving up Sam Reinhart, nor Brendan Guhle or Rasmus Asplund.

If I were a GM i'd be looking to pick up Nick Baptiste and Justin Bailey - these two have proven themselves in the AHL and now seem to find themselves in a numbers game trying to make the Sabres.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wonder what the asking price for ANA would be. Realisticly Lindholm is off the charts. So what would be the value?

Lindholm and fowler with their contracts are no gos for duechene.

They have barrie so no need for vatanen unless they have a barrie trade in place or maybe plan on flipping vatanen.

Larsson id assume would be on the top of their list, lots of potential with him.

Mahura value is going up since draft and could be an option tho hes rhd. They prob got a good look at pettersson, who is a very underated prospect on anahiems back end.

Id say realistically if a trade happened with ana and col, it would be along the lines of

Larsson/mahura/pettersson + 1st + 2nd(prospect equal value depending on the d prospect maybe terry or nattinan), or vatanen + if they wnet that route which id say is highly unlikely

And before avs fans cry, im not saying this will be the trade... but if he ends up in anahiem thats likely what they will get in returm.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That makes Colorado worse.

So you think that Avs will find a team that will go all in for him now to ''downgrade'' (give more to Avs than Duchene is worth now)? :)

I`m not backing that particular offer but just questioning the idea overall

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Wait, did someone just say that Yakupov might work with the Avs? Yakupov is an absolute trainwreck of a player, he wouldn't even be in this league anymore if not for being a 1st overall pick :laugh:

And no, Yakupov having 3 points against a sieve of a goalie in Lehtonen in a preseason game doesn't change my opinion on Yakupov. He's an atrocious player.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
So you think that Avs will find a team that will go all in for him now to ''downgrade'' (give more to Avs than Duchene is worth now)? :)

I`m not backing that particular offer but just questioning the idea overall

I think the Avs have the next year to see what other offers are made. Risto is a very nice piece, but he's a RHD, and we already have lots of RHD. Maybe Risto would displace Barrie, maybe he'd even take the 1D role from EJ. But, you don't make a big trade to moderately upgrade something, when you have a massive need elsewhere. The only reason to make a big trade, right now, is to fill the gaping hole at LHD. If that's not an option today, that's fine, we'll play with what we've got, and see what options might pop up in the next year or so. This isn't a 0 risk option, obviously, but there isn't any reason to panic yet.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Wait, did someone just say that Yakupov might work with the Avs? Yakupov is an absolute trainwreck of a player, he wouldn't even be in this league anymore if not for being a 1st overall pick :laugh:

And no, Yakupov having 3 points against a sieve of a goalie in Lehtonen in a preseason game doesn't change my opinion on Yakupov. He's an atrocious player.

Well if the Habs fans get to declare Mete untouchable based off of a few pre-season games and training camp, Avs fans certainly get to be hopeful when it comes to Yakupov.

He has been a positive standout for the Avs so far and looked very good next to Duchene. Will that carry over and translate to the regular season?

Probably not. I personally don't think it will work out in the end and he probably will follow Grigo to the KHL in the next year or two. But who knows. He will get every chance he can playing in the top6 with decent linemates. Maybe that and the wakeup call of facing the possibility of losing your shot at staying in the NHL might make something click with him. Stranger things have happened...

He has looked much improved for the Avs so far atleast.
So did Grigorenko last year for the Avs and we all know how that ended but why even follow training camp and pre-season at all if not to get your hopes of for a couple of players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad