Duchene not with the Sens in California

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
oh ok, so anderson wont be playing neither during these next two games´? I hope everything goes aaaight with the new G-baby :clap:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I heard Gary Bettman's voice in my head when I saw that thread title... "We have a trade to announce!"

That's the second-best part of draft day coverage, hearing the audience perk up and ooooooh, when they hear those words.

Reactions: DrEasy

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Almost a guaranteed loss anyways and having a child is more important than sports or your career easily in my eyes, obviously it's the right thing to do but I'm sure it was a tough decision from the cost conscience top of the org!

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I'm sure I'm grasping at straws here, but I'm wondering if having a newborn to look after causes Duchene to rethink whether he really wants to uproot his family to a new city/country in a few months.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I'm sure I'm grasping at straws here, but I'm wondering if having a newborn to look after causes Duchene to rethink whether he really wants to uproot his family to a new city/country in a few months.

Having your first child is a life altering event.

A lot of life's perspectives change pretty quickly, and with Haliburton being his hometown, with family perhaps still living there, might make him think about what you're suggesting.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

A lot of life's perspectives change pretty quickly, and with Haliburton being his hometown, with family perhaps still living there, might make him think about what you're suggesting.
Yeah probably not.

Reactions: coladin

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It will certainly make him think that much harder about his next team and is sure to change some priorities affecting the decision, but I don't think it gives Ottawa a leg up by any means.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto

You are right about that. My wife and I are expecting our first in a few months. We have no intention of leaving Toronto now (which is something we were actively considering before the pregnancy), and having immediate family living close by is a big factor in this.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

You mean, "I want to maximize my earnings so that I can ensure my family can live comfortable for the rest of their lives" perspective?? He knows that isn't happening here.

You are right about that. My wife and I are expecting our first in a few months. We have no intention of leaving Toronto now (which is something we were actively considering before the pregnancy), and having immediate family living close by is a big factor in this.

I understand the point you are making here, as I am a father of two young kids, but just like most in life, $$ talks. If your employer won't pay you what you're worth and someone else will, you go somewhere else.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad