Ducharme tests positive for COVID-19

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Btw why you keep calling him KK, his initials are JK. Kasperi Kotkaniemi, KK is his brother.
A guy has two K's in his name, his nickname is going to be KK.

Just like if your last name is Campbell, you will always be "Soupy".

Just the way it goes.

Reactions: HabsQC

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
It's a common misconception.

You're vaccinated against those specific strains but a virus mutates all the time, hence why there is no permanent flu shot but new ones every year; new strains developed.

This will be no different and there will never be a permanent COVID vaccine; only one to protect against specific strains.
I know. But I also remmeber them claiming 90%. I am pretty sure it's going to come out that it's much lower than that.

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
He has zero symptoms. This is so ridiculous.

Put him in a freaking suit so he cannot spread the virus, to our (lol) fully vaccinated players and staff.

Any player infected accidentally can't play for 2 weeks.

If enough players are diagnosed with it, we lose the series automatically.

I don't understand what's there to gain by Ducharme in taking this really, really stupid risk. It sucks, but it's how the cookie crumble

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

I don't understand what's there to gain by Ducharme in taking this really, really stupid risk. It sucks, but it's how the cookie crumble

Is this going to be in effect when everyone is fully vaccinated?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

The ridiculous element though is that if you have been vaxinated two times, there is next to zero chances of affecting your health. So no players would be affected as far as feeling bad, etc....Not to mention they are still in a sort of bubble.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He has zero symptoms. This is so ridiculous.

Put him in a freaking suit so he cannot spread the virus, to our (lol) fully vaccinated players and staff.
My brother and his 2 children were infected by his wife's friend who came over and had no symptoms but tested positive for covid. His wife's vaccine worked for her.

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
The ridiculous element though is that if you have been vaxinated two times, there is next to zero chances of affecting your health. So no players would be affected as far as feeling bad, etc....Not to mention they are still in a sort of bubble.

Next to zero chance

Next.
To.
Zero.

Thats not zero. Would you risk your life on a next to zero chance of dying for 5$?

Whats to gain by Ducharme for risking his team's best cup run in 30 years?

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Buttman has no say in what the state and local governments allow, including inside arenas. Not his fault even if he said no fans he is powerless to enforce it. States would sue and probably win just like Florida was suing the cruise ships (for trying to enforce passengers be vaccinated) they lost.
Huh?

Florida sued the CDC...and won, on behalf of the cruise lines to resume operations more quickly.

Florida has threatened companies- including cruise lines - if they try to makes vaccines mandatory for passengers. So far this has not gone to court, Royal Caribbean acquiesced the other day, dropping their plan to require vaccines.

Pretty sure the NHL could simply not sell tickets to games if they chose to do so.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013

I bet anything that if a significant number of Knights/Canadiens players were to test positive at this point, the NHL would simply change their rules. Probably to have the quarantine period expire 14 days after second dose accompanied by the absence of symptoms. Something like that.

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
Huh?

Florida sued the CDC...and won, on behalf of the cruise lines to resume operations more quickly.

Florida has threatened companies- including cruise lines - if they try to makes vaccines mandatory for passengers. So far this has not gone to court, Royal Caribbean acquiesced the other day, dropping their plan to require vaccines.

Pretty sure the NHL could simply not sell tickets to games if they chose to do so.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2021/06/18/florida-cruise-lawsuit-desantis/

sure it will be litigated further but appears its been declared illegal to require the passengers to be vaccinated. they already passed state laws in several states Florida Texas and I think Alabama.

AdvancedPressure

Jan 19, 2021
Yes. It sucks, but that's reality

Next to zero chance

Next.
To.
Zero.

Thats not zero. Would you risk your life on a next to zero chance of dying for 5$?

Whats to gain by Ducharme for risking his team's best cup run in 30 years?

Dude. This thing has a 99.7% survival rate, and that's before factoring in vaccinations. "Risking your life?" Come on. I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Reactions: MaWa and NightMist

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
Dude. This thing has a 99.7% survival rate, and that's before factoring in vaccinations. "Risking your life?" Come on. I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Do you know what's behind that exaggerated survival rate?

Do you know what are the odds of permanently diminished quality of life?

Do you know the likelihood of increasing your risk of having chronic respiratory diseases?

And even if you get away from it Scot free, what about your family members? They might catch it we well. Do you know anyone close to you who is on immuno-suppressives?

Is it that bad of a thing to just be careful and considerate of others? Of accepting inconvenience is a small price to pay to protect people around you?

I understand that sometimes, you gotta take risks for worthwhile thing. But this isn't one of them

Reactions: Vinc360

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad