LeBrun: Dubois may be looking for change of scenery

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If this is true, the Rangers have to make a call and shoot the lock off the farm system wallet.
Trading our farm system isn't going to help offset the cap he's going to need on his new deal. I'm sure CBJ will want a solid player, not just prospects. We really don't have anybody to offer other than futures, and since this leaves a hole down their middle, we really have nothing to offer.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Trading our farm system isn't going to help offset the cap he's going to need on his new deal. I'm sure CBJ will want a solid player, not just prospects. We really don't have anybody to offer other than futures, and since this leaves a hole down their middle, we really have nothing to offer.

Still got to make the call and see. It is a need.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
no he isnt. its close. laine will always score more goals and more points but dubois is a better 2 way player.
I guess that depends on who you ask. I’d take the more structured center that plays a much more physical game than a one dimensional soft goal scoring winger.

PLD is worth more than Laine.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I feel horrible for Columubs fans. First Panarin, now Dubois.........gotta wonder about the long-term viability of them being in that market if they can't even keep their home grown stars past their ELC.

That being said, this could be as simple as he doesn't like Torts.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I feel horrible for Columubs fans. First Panarin, now Dubois.........gotta wonder about the long-term viability of them being in that market if they can't even keep their home grown stars past their ELC.

Don't feel horrible for them. They finally are a relevant, winning franchise under Jarmo and Torts. Under that team, they can just retool as much as they want until they finally have a star player that actually wants to commit long-term.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
This is just the new way of the NHL. Either you pay your stars an absurd amount of money coming off their ELC or they start looking elsewhere.

Teams need to clamp down on it in unison. Stop doing what Toronto, Edmonton, and Buffalo did by giving in early and just make the young players eat it until they reach UFA.

It's also happening with Laine and Barzal. Then it will happen with the next batch of stars unless their teams just jump at a max offer right away.

Reactions: Estlin

Twain

Jul 1, 2019
It might be a complete non-story, but Dubois camp looking at other options would also explain CBJ’s big rush to create cap space by practically giving Nutivaara and Murray away and then staying away from the free agency. Perhaps there was a real offer-sheet threat all along.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Seems like posturing for a better deal to me.

Montreal could make room.....

KK + 1st 2021 + 2nd 2021

Would obviously require some cap tweaking

It's posturing.

I don't think that trade offer is realistically going to get Jarmo's attention, I'm supposing he'd prefer Suzuki to KK and probably still say no to Suzuki for Dubois.

I'm sure this is just Dubois' camp trying to light a fire under Columbus' GM's butt. He's got a huge role there why would he want to leave?

Yes this is coming from Brisson. I don't think he wants to leave but he wouldn't mind playing in a more fun offensive system. Barzal has said the same thing.

Laine for Dubois makes too much sense. Jets throw in Roslovic and we've got a deal?

It makes a lot of sense for Winnipeg. That's where it ends.

I’d love to get Dubois in Anaheim, and would offer the following package

Columbus’s pick of Henrique/Rakell/Silfverberg

Steel

An additional future asset (or two) that is not Zegras, Drysdale, or our 2021 1st (unless top 10 protected)

That sounds like a nice package for a secondary asset. If you don't put Zegras on the table you have no chance of getting Dubois.

I actually think that's not bad.

As an impartial fan, I think I would prefer to acquire Laine over Dubois. But that's also taking into account that we already have two very good young centers on our roster.

It's not just not impartial, but also I think wrong. Dubois is a play-driver that is developing into a point per game center. As a non play driver Laine would have to be scoring 45+ every year to top that and he's not shooting like he used to. I can't think of any team where I'd rather have Laine than Dubois.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad