Confirmed with Link: Dubnyk + 2022 7th to San Jose for 2022 5th (50% salary retained)

Beethovens 10th

du bist ein ungeduldiges Eichhörnchen!
Sep 27, 2017
Zentralfriedhof
Big move if true. I don’t wanna get anyone’s hopes up, but could there be another one of these in our future..?
upload_2020-10-2_20-2-34.jpeg

#champions*

*regular season champions that is
An aside, when we do finally win a cup in 2032, can we f***ing burn that banner already?

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Big move if true. I don’t wanna get anyone’s hopes up, but could there be another one of these in our future..?
View attachment 370020

#champions*

*regular season champions that is
An aside, when we do finally win a cup in 2032, can we f***ing burn that banner already?

Implying the Sharks will ever win the Cup.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
This whole thing seems weird, but hypothetically, would something like Sorensen and a 6th for Dubnyk at 50% be okay? That is probably a bit optimistic as to what it actually is, but for this to be reasonable, it has to be something like that right?

Reactions: themelkman

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
This whole thing seems weird, but hypothetically, would something like Sorensen and a 6th for Dubnyk at 50% be okay? That is probably a bit optimistic as to what it actually is, but for this to be reasonable, it has to be something like that right?
Man I dont know anymore. Sounds like your on bargaining. Im already on depression

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Even LeBrun says that both deals are being worked on. I’m starting to think this is going to be similar to the Toronto deal that brought Reimer.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
I'm desperately hoping this is Doug Wilsons way of tanking in a year when there will not be any or very little gate revenue. I just don't believe it.

Beethovens 10th

du bist ein ungeduldiges Eichhörnchen!
Sep 27, 2017
Zentralfriedhof
That banner hasn't been hanging for a long time
Well shit. I just moved back from NYC after 12 years and I was hoping to see her hanging there in all her terrifying glory...

Okay, so it may be down, but has it been burned?

And it’s long standing changes like that that remind me that when considering my past as an avid season ticket holder, all you can say is:

Reactions: Sandisfan

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Can we reserve judgement until something official comes down the pipeline? Y'all going to get me drinking myself stupid over here. DW does a good job at that already lol

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Doug Wilson clearly has zero clue about how to judge goaltending if our tandem next year is Jones Dubnyk...

Reactions: Dicdonya

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
If the Wild retain on Dubnyk (and there's no reason they wouldn't be able to) I'm willing to at least see how that plays out. 50% means he'd be coming in at a little over $2 million. I don't particularly want Dubnyk, but 1 year at that price isn't the end of the world.

Likewise, if Jones is out after acquiring Dubnyk, I'll wait and see.

If the plan is to spend $10 million for Jones and Dubnyk, possibly the two worst goalies in the league last season, to be our goalie tandem, all I've got to say to that is "yikes."

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Dubnyk has history with ECHL Stockton. Could be a fair amount of scouting back then.

IIRC Requin was a big fan of his.

Had a chance to chat with him back then at ECHL ASG. Good guy.

Reactions: ChompChomp

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Goaltenders are horrible inconsistent. Take two goalies who were horrible last year, and statistically, one of them has to bounce back next year right?

I trust Nabby, and Dybnyk does have some history of decent play beyond being horrible last year. However, even if he's spectacular, forwards are every bit as critical and they're the more expensive problem. Yikes.

Reactions: Sandisfan

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I open this thread and the new giant ads HF is allowing show me a photo of a sick deer with its tongue out in malaise. At least it captured the mood....

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I don't know much about the Wild are they cap strapped? Could they be trying to get rid of Dubnyk to sign someone? I have no clue what is going on, or why the Sharks want him. I doubt they could get the Wild's first to take this contract. Makes no sense.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
If the Wild retain on Dubnyk (and there's no reason they wouldn't be able to) I'm willing to at least see how that plays out. 50% means he'd be coming in at a little over $2 million. I don't particularly want Dubnyk, but 1 year at that price isn't the end of the world.

Likewise, if Jones is out after acquiring Dubnyk, I'll wait and see.

If the plan is to spend $10 million for Jones and Dubnyk, possibly the two worst goalies in the league last season, to be our goalie tandem, all I've got to say to that is "yikes."
I agree. We need a 1B and if it’s Dubnyk at 50% we still have money to spend on forward(s). I would have preferred someone better but it’s not the end of the world.

Reactions: Alaskanice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad