Confirmed with Link: Dubnyk + 2022 7th to San Jose for 2022 5th (50% salary retained)

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Dubnyk please don't waive for SJ. Save DW from himself. Unless Jones is going the other way I don't know why we're sinking more money into goaltending when we need forward help.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Most of this board really hates this move but what they don't realize is Dubnyk has spent the offseason training to move to RW. I estimate we have a spot for him on our 1st line. :sarcasm:

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
Dubnyk is the stopgap for a year until UFA, then are they banking on Melnichuk stepping up?

Very curious what the entire deal ends up being.

Goaltending is one of two obvious issues, we also need offensive talent. I havent seen enough of Donato to say if thats what we need or not, but we just werent good enough up front last year. Team desperately needs guys that can make plays and put the puck in the net at the NHL level.

Reactions: themelkman

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Interesting rumors out there. Some say Burns for Donato and Dubnyk (obviously fake). Another says Gambrell for Donato, Dubnyk, and a draft pick.

Another rumor that the Sharks are trying hard to get draft picks in the middle of the draft, and that they are trying to move Sorensen.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
We have the richest owner in the NHL. With some other teams with not so rich owners possibly looking to shed salary, surely we can find better deals than this. This is not a promising start to the off-season.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
We have the richest owner in the NHL. With some other teams with not so rich owners possibly looking to shed salary, surely we can find better deals than this. This is not a promising start to the off-season.
We have a rich owner but no cap space. How are we supposed to take on salary?

Reactions: Bartcal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad