Dubinsky suspended one game.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm not disagreeing that it happened that way. The DOPS doesn't take player safety lightly is what I am saying. What do they have to gain by only going for one game? It's not going to cause a run on stars now.

I don't know if they have anything to gain by it, but i think they've been too light on suspensions for a long time now. It's improved somewhat but guys can still get away with too much.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I don't know if they have anything to gain by it, but i think they've been too light on suspensions for a long time now. It's improved somewhat but guys can still get away with too much.

If they get overzealous with suspensions, they have a union to deal with. Maybe this is something that will be discussed at the next CBA?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Am I the only one who seems like this really isn't a big deal. Was it a bad play? Yeah sure, but Dubi got caught up in his emotions. Those two feed off of emotion when the play each other, there is very little "thinking" going on when they're on the ice. Should he have hit him a second time? Probably not. Did he mean to hit him in the neck? Not likely. His emotions got the best of him.

Maybe I've just had the advantage of playing goalie for 15 years from AAA, HS and (******) JR hockey and battles like this happen every game at every level

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Am I the only one who seems like this really isn't a big deal. Was it a bad play? Yeah sure, but Dubi got caught up in his emotions. Those two feed off of emotion when the play each other, there is very little "thinking" going on when they're on the ice. Should he have hit him a second time? Probably not. Did he mean to hit him in the neck? Not likely. His emotions got the best of him.

Maybe I've just had the advantage of playing goalie for 15 years from AAA, HS and (******) JR hockey and battles like this happen every game at every level

It wasn't a non-issue, but at the same time, it wasn't an assault as some are suggesting.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It wasn't a non-issue, but at the same time, it wasn't an assault as some are suggesting.

I'm fine with the one game, but compared to some of the stuff people are comparing it to is just unreal.

I think underestimate how little thinking goes on out there and how much of the game is reflex and emotion.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'm fine with the one game, but compared to some of the stuff people are comparing it to is just unreal.

I think underestimate how little thinking goes on out there and how much of the game is reflex and emotion.

I thought, and still do think, it should have been two games. So I'll take it.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I thought, and still do think, it should have been two games. So I'll take it.

Eh idk. I think the 1 game is perfect. It sends a message to him (and I'm sure they told him) to be more careful with his stick and to pay attention to where he's making contact.

Now if it happens again, I'm fine with a multi-game suspension.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I played for a long time too, and no, crosschecks to the neck did not happen every game. You maybe saw something like that once every couple years. I once got two-handed right on the top of my head and it stopped the whole game.

And I agree it probably wasn't some calculated thing, but it still can't be allowed and must be suspended harshly enough until we don't have to see stuff like that.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I played for a long time too, and no, crosschecks to the neck did not happen every game. You maybe saw something like that once every couple years. I once got two-handed right on the top of my head and it stopped the whole game.

And I agree it probably wasn't some calculated thing, but it still can't be allowed and must be suspended harshly enough until we don't have to see stuff like that.

Everyone takes things so literal.

I'm not talking about him hitting his neck, but the action of him trying to engage Crosby in the slot happens every game. It wasnt his intention to hit his neck but it happened. His hands should have been much lower, but it didn't help Crosby was in a awkward position. And I'm not disagreeing about the suspension, but Dubinsky instantly knew he let his emotions get the best of him and went straight to the box.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Watching the suspension video on NHL.com, the check actually hits Crosby in the shoulder first as you can see his jersy get pulled with it. I think 1 game is fine, but some people can't separate their emotions from the incident and are acting completely unstable about it. The video also made a comment about hitting him while he was down which I knew they would.
Dubie needs to be more aware of his stick going forward.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

If you're using the Dubi incident as the standard of what hockey must be completely rid of, then you're dreaming. It just wasn't that bad.

I played for a long time myself and stuff happens. It's the nature of a physical game. Crosby wasn't even injured. No harm no foul in this case.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Haha. I was being facetious. No one went after Crosby after that happened.

Crosby has taken his lumps over the years. Has he ever had a teammate that stood up for him?

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Haha. I was being facetious. No one went after Crosby after that happened.

Crosby has taken his lumps over the years. Has he ever had a teammate that stood up for him?

Matt Cooke and James Neal, although their idea of "standing up for someone" is quite a bit different than what most normal people would consider it.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I thought maybe Dubi would appeal his suspension and Crosby could be his Union Rep :laugh::laugh:

I'm still not convinced Cindy was ever hurt enough where he needed to go to the locker room.....he's a diving *****

I wonder if, off the record, that was brought up as a reason for a lower suspension.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Some posters are asking for a 20 game suspension. 20 games!!

I can't imagine the NHLPA would be very happy about that

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Some posters are asking for a 20 game suspension. 20 games!!

I can't imagine the NHLPA would be very happy about that

Dude has no history of suspensions and has only been fined twice in 10 years. The real crazies want dubie hit with a longer suspension due to their own history. Because rivalries are bad in the NHL I guess?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad