Dubinsky out up to 2 months after Kassian’s punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
all I said is that punching an injured person is bad. You all are going crazy to defend how it’s ok if it’s your guy punching but bad if if it’s the other team.
What is the object of fighting?

It is to hurt/injure your opponent. It's primal. I'm not saying anyone wants to injure another player badly, but the object of a fight is to injure your opponent. Punches are not hugs and kisses.

To your point here, yes punching an injured person is bad if it is a serious injury, and for the sake of argument let's call the injury to Dubinsky serious. But as has been pointed out, if you don't know a player is seriously injured, you're back to my original point about the object of fighting.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I don’t remember other players punching injured players. Sorry if that’s normal for you. It’s different than earlier.
Other posters have been kind enough to provide you with examples of exactly that happening.
Why are you choosing to ignore them?
I wonder how many guys on the Oilers would drop the gloves with Kassian.
Looch, Maroon and Nurse.

Reactions: Future GOAT

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
What the **** could you people possible be *****ing about for 11 pages in regards to someone getting hurt in a fight??? Why is this even thread worthy?

Because it’s not every day someone breaks their orbital bone and is out 2 months or so from a fight. Especially a player on the team you root for. If it’s not thread worthy then why comment?

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Wondering what people who think Dubinsky is dirty and "deserved" a broken orbital think about the double crosscheck to the back/head area that Draisaitl gives and McDavid attempts to give Foligno as he's on all 4's on the ice?

Just tough Western Canadian hockey, eh?

Shout out to anyone who realizes Draisaitl running away immediately after crosschecking Foligno directly in the back.

Where's the CTE/anti-fighting brigade? Kassian clearly initiated the fight with under 2 min left.

Hypocrisy.

You mean the play where Draisaitl ran over the defender and foligno tried to hit draisaitl up high, and got tossed aside like he was nothing.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
So this is because I think a fighter thinks he knows when he won and you don’t think a fighter knows when he’s won?

The reality is that if Kassian simply stops in that situation, in 9 out of 10 fights he ends as the recipient of a counter-punch.

Also, I might be wrong about this, but I had the feeling that Kassian wanted to drop the gloves with Foglino, and Dubinsky jumped into the fight.

Also, hockey 101, you drop your gloves, you should not expect that your opponent will be nice to you.

Last but not least, I find it hilarious that, when your player crosschecks and hits late an opponent you say nothing, but you whine about him getting punched in a fight he instigated..

Reactions: Beebop22

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Ignore me if you disagree. I don’t care. I think it’s ****ty to punch an injured person.
Of course its a shitty thing to do. I haven't seen one poster here disagree with that.
You have failed to prove that Kassian realized he had broken Dubinsky's orbital bone with his first punch.
If you could prove that I doubt anyone would be arguing with you.
Since you can't prove it, and you know you can't, I'm thinking that you are just enjoying the attention rather than arguing anything in good faith.

Beebop22

May 4, 2017
Wondering what people who think Dubinsky is dirty and "deserved" a broken orbital think about the double crosscheck to the back/head area that Draisaitl gives and McDavid attempts to give Foligno as he's on all 4's on the ice?

Shout out to anyone who realizes Draisaitl running away immediately after crosschecking Foligno directly in the back.

Where's the CTE/anti-fighting brigade? Kassian clearly initiated the fight with under 2 min left.

Hypocrisy.

Yup Foligno took a run at Draisaitl in a blowout game. Draisaitl cross checked him. McDavid did as well. That's what happens when you are running around like Foligno and Dubinsky started to do when the game gets out of hand.
There's a difference between being the aggressor and receiving retaliation. Foligno received a response he was looking for. By receiving two cross checks after running at people for the back half of a blowout game.
Dubinsky also received what he wanted when Kassian finally had enough and approached him to fight. Dubinsky didn't have to fight, he chose to. And unfortunately, he got injured.

Kreegz2

Dec 11, 2011
I don’t remember other players punching injured players. Sorry if that’s normal for you. It’s different than earlier.

Just because you don't remember it doesn't mean it doesn't happen from time to time when the player didn't realize his opposition was injured.

example:

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

Hypocrisy.

Did you even watch the video you posted? Way to skip out on the context. After Draisaitl hits Nutivaara, Foglino makes a clear attempt to elbow Draisaitl up high, gets dodged and pushed aside. Only after does Draisaitl crosscheck him. Then the joke of a player that is Nick Foglino, who had refused to fight Lucic, decides to fight a 23 year old with less than 50 games of experience instead, and continues to hit him as Khaira turtles, which destroys the whole narrative of how Kassian should've stopped when Dubinsky turtled.

Dubinsky had it coming, unfortunate that the injury was an orbital bone but if you want to put other players in danger with reckless plays in a blowout game, you really can't complain when the same happens to you.

Reactions: Beebop22

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Relying on tony Twist and rob ray to prove your point. And calling me stupid at the same time.
Why are you quoting me about tony twist and rob ray? I didn't even post that.

And watch Brouwer vs Abdelkader, it happened like a month ago.

Mantha vs Hamonic is another.

Kreegz2

Dec 11, 2011
Relying on tony Twist and rob ray to prove your point. And calling me stupid at the same time.

What, a carbon-copy example involving two of the most accomplished players in this field of expertise isn't good enough for you?

I never called you stupid by the way, but you aren't doing much to help that perception of yourself here.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Sure, he takes too many minor penalties. I'm not sure what this has to do with your original post though, which stated simply that Goons don't do anything(which I agree with, fwiw).

The best situation for everyone involved would be if the refs had their heads out of their asses and simply tossed both Foligno and Dubinsky the moment they began trying to start this crap.
So the refs should toss players for clean hits if the deemed intention is to take runs at star players?

Kassian did a great job, if you want to take runs at star players then be ready to back it up. This is the only way you can solve this unless you want to ban hitting (which would not surprise me if the modern fan wants eventually...)

Measles

Oct 30, 2015
Calgary
Wow, I can't believe this has generated 12 pages of comments. Seemed pretty straightforward to me. Blowout game, late chippyness, two light heavyweights who are willing combatants, no clear instigator. Punches thrown, unfortunate injury. It was 100% standard hockey. No egregious dirtiness.

Reactions: Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad