Dubinsky out up to 2 months after Kassian’s punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

My take: I was at the game and was about 4 rows up the ice when this happened in front of me. Dubi took a healthy run at Draisaitl at the end of the 2nd period which caught the Oilers attention, both Kris Russell and Kassian had words with dubi. Dubi then took another healthy run at Strome in the 3rd and I guess that was the last straw. Him and Kassian chatted for about 3 shifts. Seemed pretty clear to me that Dubi wasn’t wanting to fight Kassian at all.. Unfortunate but, it’s hockey.

Last edited:

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Kassian didn't take a draw against Dubinsky. He jumped into the circle once the puck was dropped and they dropped the gloves. Obviously it's an ugly injury...but how did Kassian not get an instigating penalty with under 2 minutes left in the game?

Dubinsky's clean hit on Strome late in the third:

Ensuing faceoff:

Reactions: The Pale King

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Suddenly every Pitts fans favourite Oiler is Kass.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Kassian didn't take a draw against Dubinsky. He jumped into the circle once the puck was dropped and they dropped the gloves. Obviously it's an ugly injury...but how did Kassian not get an instigating penalty with under 2 minutes left in the game?

Because Dub dropped his gloves .001 sec before Kass did. Kassian deliberately waited so it wouldn't be instigator.

Although, no one likes to see someone seriously hurt....Hope he's ok.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Cause he didn't instigate it. The first punch was thrown by Foligno with his gloves on. Then Dubinsky and Kassian threw off their mitts

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Agree with some of the above posters, The run at Draisaitl especially was super high and late. When I saw it in person I honestly thought Leon was going to be done for the game, atleast.

Jackets center depth was already atrocious with the way Wennberg has been playing and sedlak’s play since coming back from IR. It will be interesting to see if this forces Jarmo and co. to make a move.. finally.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Ensuing faceoff:

Instigating? They both dropped gloves at same time, no one forced Dubinsky to fight there

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Because Dub dropped his gloves .001 sec before Kass did. Kassian deliberately waited so it wouldn't be instigator.

Although, no one likes to see someone seriously hurt....Hope he's ok.
Yeah I saw this too. Dubs threw a punch at Kassian, dropped his gloves and Kassian followed suit.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Dubi did throw his gloves off first. Very unfortunate for dubi
yeah i feel like kassian could have been much more aggressive about this, he basically gave dubinsky a chance to plead his case and still gave him the jump.

unfortunate he's hurt but that's fighting right?

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Ugh... sorta feel for him. He was outmatched.

Agree the Strome hit looks fine (unless there was a butt-end? ... not sure why the caption was "lays the lumber")

Also, cool to have the balanced input from CBJSTH who was at the game (and I assume) a CBJ fan.

Don't like to see people hurt, but if the Draisaitl hit was hard and high as suggested, then this is EXACTLY what a middle-weight like Kassian is here for. You can get away with one across the line hit, maybe, but don't continue to agitate when the score is lopsided (either way) and expect to come away without any push-back.

Anyone who's played knows there are avenues you can take, even after a borderline hit on the opponent's star player, which would avoid him getting tagged by Kassian. Dubi didn't take them obviously.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Ensuing faceoff:

That hit on Strome was pretty dicey to be honest. Really close to being boarding. Lucky he didn't get hurt.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Dubinsky threw his gloves off first. You never want to see a guy get hurt in a fight but it is what it is.

Kassian could've maybe stopped after Dubinsky went full turtle.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Risk you take when you fight in the NHL, he took his gloves of first but positioned himself to take that punch.
Oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad