Dubinsky out up to 2 months after Kassian’s punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Unfortunate byproduct of the general meatheadedness of old time hockey, involving a number of guys who believe in old time hockey and accept the consequences.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Dubinsky and Foligno were both doing their best Shane Doan impersonations last night, so good for one of them to get a broken face out of it.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
game was effectively over, and he accepted a fight invitation with a huge, experienced fighter?
This point can't be stated often enough because some folks obviously aren't catching the reality of the situation.
CBJ were playing a rough game because they were getting embarrassed on the scoreboard.
It wasn't just Foligno and Dubinsky either. Motte had several dirty plays on the night.
No doubt in my mind that Kassian was looking for a little retribution. He wanted Foligno.
What in the heck was Dubinsky thinking when he decided to oblige a very big, very angry, known meanie like Kassian.
He could have and obviously should have just skated away. Only he could explain why he didn't.
Nothing to be gained for himself or his team by throwing down his gloves first (apologies to CBJ announcers who clearly don't understand what an instigator is) in a game that was already long over as far as the two points were concerned.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Knock off the BS!

Thank you kindly. :nod:
4aE8nYv.jpg

Reactions: Future GOAT

Beebop22

May 4, 2017
As a guy who had to start fighting to stay in the minor systems, the only time you stop swinging is when your opponent is on the ice, or tells you that he is hurt. When someone puts their head down while still standing up it doesn't always mean they are hurt. Most of the time, they are trying to avoid the ensuing ass kicking. I've been on the receiving end of that lol.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
As a guy who had to start fighting to stay in the minor systems, the only time you stop swinging is when your opponent is on the ice, or tells you that he is hurt. When someone puts their head down while still standing up it doesn't always mean they are hurt. Most of the time, they are trying to avoid the ensuing ass kicking. I've been on the receiving end of that lol.
Better than any reasoning you have posted, you just keep repeating that Kassian is the only one that has ever kept punching a hurt player.
all I said is that punching an injured person is bad. You all are going crazy to defend how it’s ok if it’s your guy punching but bad if if it’s the other team.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
all I said is that punching an injured person is bad. You all are going crazy to defend how it’s ok if it’s your guy punching but bad if if it’s the other team.
Do you even remember what you post? You repeatedly kept saying that kassian is the only one that does this.

Beebop22

May 4, 2017
Edmonton isn't my team. All I'm saying is how is Kassian suppose to know Dubinsky is injured? If Dubinsky had told him, I'm sure Kassian would have stopped. Even though Dubinsky was taking liberties in a blowout.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Dude had it coming tbh. I suspected and hoped he had a nice broken nose, nothing too serious and it wouldn't keep him out too long but it would have been a nice painful punishment for the shit he was pulling during the game. This is definitely a more serious injury though, and I do hope he makes a speedy recovery so he can be back playing soon. I also hope he has learned a valuable lesson from this.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Wondering what people who think Dubinsky is dirty and "deserved" a broken orbital think about the double crosscheck to the back/head area that Draisaitl gives and McDavid attempts to give Foligno as he's on all 4's on the ice?

Just tough Western Canadian hockey, eh?

Shout out to anyone who realizes Draisaitl running away immediately after crosschecking Foligno directly in the back.

I wonder how many guys on the Oilers would drop the gloves with Kassian.

Where's the CTE/anti-fighting brigade? Kassian clearly initiated the fight with under 2 min left.

Hypocrisy.

Reactions: mikeyp24

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Well that would be pointless because they already got hurt.

Believe me, as a Sharks fan, I know he can play. :laugh: But his goonery doesn't make him any more effective. He takes 1.46 minor penalties per 60 mins, 2nd on your team amongst regulars. Last year he was 2nd on your team amongst regulars with 1.41 minor penalties per 60 mins. You think that him winning the occasional fight against a guy like Dubinsky after Dubinsky had already took his runs is worth the crazy amount of minor penalties he takes? I don't.

Sure, he takes too many minor penalties. I'm not sure what this has to do with your original post though, which stated simply that Goons don't do anything(which I agree with, fwiw).

The best situation for everyone involved would be if the refs had their heads out of their asses and simply tossed both Foligno and Dubinsky the moment they began trying to start this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad