Dubinsky, Bourret, Bolland, Grabovski

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
All having pretty nice AHL seasons...

Bolland has really come on of late....and Brandon Dubinsky had a little cameo in the NHL.....Grabovski may have an NHL chance to play with Kostitsyn, and Bourret seems rejuvinated of late

How would you rank them...and what do you think their NHL upsides are...

Without looking at Hockeysfuture one can predict that these guys are all in and around 7.0 C's...

Just looking for any insight into their current play and or potential...thanks

For what it's worth I'd go:

Dubinsky (I think he'll be the real deal)
Bolland (I don't think it was all Schremp)
Bourret (? of Desire)
Grabovski (NHL Impact or no?-unproven)

Scout_F

Feb 20, 2006
I'd like to add Rod Pelley to this list. Please rank him too! Thanks.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Grabovski had a call up early in the season due to the flu bug running rampant through Montreal's roster. He looked great, lots of speed, his dekes were effective against NHL defensemen and his playmaking was superb. He also had a goal called back.

The new NHL suits him and I don't think he'll have a problem making it once he bulks up a bit more, keeps his head up and learns to be a bit more safe with his decisions in his own zone.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
The new NHL suits him and I don't think he'll have a problem making it once he bulks up a bit more, keeps his head up and learns to be a bit more safe with his decisions in his own zone.

Yep. Grabovski would be pretty much NHL ready if he was stronger and could keep his head up. Kasparaitis almost decapitated him in his first game.

rick1042

Jul 3, 2006
Verdun
I think that Bourret will need at least one more year in the minors as he still needs a little time to learn about all it takes to be an NHL player. With good coaching and support, he should be a useful 15 to 20 goal scoarer.

As for Grabovski, unlike most Montreal fans, I don't think he will be an impact player in the NHL. He has great natural abilities but I think he plays too much in the paremeters and does not have the strenght needed to fight through the checking.

I don't know enough about the other players to have an opinion on them.

At the end of the day, of course, only time will tell.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
In terms of offensive upside I think Dubi and Grabo take it, but a guy like Bolland might be more useful to his team. And Bourret well if he totally pans out, he can become a playmaking stronger version of Darcy Tucker.

kblanch1

Mar 3, 2002
Manchester, CT
Visit site
Dubinsky should be a pretty nice player if he continues to develop. He works hard and isn't afraid to play with a little bit of an edge. Defensively, he is pretty sound, and has good hands. It wouldn't surprise me to see him play a few more games with the Rangers next season...though maybe not stick with them out of camp. But he has certainly shown flashes of having what it takes to play in the NHL.

Bourret is still trying to find his niche in Hartford after the trade. He has decent speed when he wants to use it, but tends to float a bit. We'll see if he has the work ethic to bring his game to the next level. He certainly has shown a pretty good scoring touch...and has good vision. Defensively he needs some work, however. He could become a decent NHL player, or just another guy who "has all the tools" and doesn't develop.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
As for Grabovski, unlike most Montreal fans, I don't think he will be an impact player in the NHL. He has great natural abilities but I think he plays too much in the paremeters and does not have the strenght needed to fight through the checking.
It's not about the strength with Grabovski, it's about the desire and the passion. Every games I saw of him, he never gave up, physical game or not.

He was even hurt on his first shift in the pre-season, but he didn't tell anybody to continue playing (I think he stopped in the second period when they find out about the injury.)

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
All having pretty nice AHL seasons...

Bolland has really come on of late....and Brandon Dubinsky had a little cameo in the NHL.....Grabovski may have an NHL chance to play with Kostitsyn, and Bourret seems rejuvinated of late

How would you rank them...and what do you think their NHL upsides are...

Without looking at Hockeysfuture one can predict that these guys are all in and around 7.0 C's...

Just looking for any insight into their current play and or potential...thanks

For what it's worth I'd go:

Dubinsky (I think he'll be the real deal)
Bolland (I don't think it was all Schremp)
Bourret (? of Desire)
Grabovski (NHL Impact or no?-unproven)

I'd rank them as such right now:

Dubinsky

Bolland
Grabovski
Bourret

Rod Pelley (for the guy who wanted him in this also)

BDubinskyNYR17*

what about Ryan Callahan??? He has been making noise since called up

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Bourret is still trying to find his niche in Hartford after the trade. He has decent speed when he wants to use it, but tends to float a bit. We'll see if he has the work ethic to bring his game to the next level. He certainly has shown a pretty good scoring touch...and has good vision. Defensively he needs some work, however. He could become a decent NHL player, or just another guy who "has all the tools" and doesn't develop.

Its taken him a while to adjust to both the AHL and to Hartford following being traded. His game has been coming around lately though. He's starting to look more comfortable out there. He's been the youngest player in the AHL for most of the season (there may be some younger now that some CHL teams are done), so you have to expect a learning curve. He should be with the Pack again next year.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Why would you want Rod Pelley included. At this time he is a 4th liner in the NHL at best and with some development a borderline 3rd line center.

BDubinskyNYR17*

What about him? Looks to me that the thread-starter was asking about Dubinsky, Bourret, Bolland, and Grabovski.

I just wanna see what other fans say about him.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
i think gabs will have a impact. flashy kid who in the AHL when i saw him against GR just needed a linemate badly... with nhlers on his side who will help take pressure off him (as in other ppl will commit to them rather then him everytime he touches the ice) he will have success..

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
What has Brandon Dubinsky done to make him a better prospect then Grabovsky or even Bolland, clearly not this year's stats or previous international tournaments

Why don't you watch the kid play? He played fantastic at the NHL level. He's STRONG, has a big, thick frame, likes to hit and fight, drives to the net, etc. He certainly has a higher potential than anyone else on this list (#1/2 center).

I actually really like Bolland and Grabovsky as prospects. I just don't think it's a fair comparison when you throw Dubinsky into the debate. He's really separated himself from the other guys on this list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad