Dubinsky, Bourret, Bolland, Grabovski

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yeah, but as you said the reason Dubinsky is probably a bit more separated is his strength. Grabovski is still adjusting and Bourret needs someone to help him out.

I think with Bourret he's found the right place. He's really been contributing a lot in Hartford since he got there. Looked pretty good by all accounts. I have a lot of hope for him right now.

I think Dubinsky's pro-style body, grit, and overall skillset puts him head and shoulders above the rest in this group.

That's not a slight on guys like Grabovsky, Bolland, and Bourret, just that I really don't think it's a fair comparison.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Dubinsky and Bourret are adjusting to the AHL pretty fast as 20 and 21 year olds.

Both have recently really been playing great hockey at the AHL level

Dubinsky has 14 points in the past 10 games (7G,7A)
Bourret has 12 points in the past 7 games (after a few games with zero points while he adjusted to a new team after being traded).

Chemistry? Nope...they haven't played with each other since Bourret joined the team, one on the first line, the other on the 2nd.

I've always loved Dubi...he's going to be a great 2nd line center for the Rangers...Bourret i havent seen enough but damn..he hits everything..and I havn't seen this "floating" that ATL fans claim.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Anyone who says Grabovski plays on the perimeter too much, hasn't seen him play. He's not scared at all to get into the traffic and he will go there.. But keep in mind, this if his first NA season, so he's still playing east-west more than north-south. But he has a willingness to go into traffic as he gets levelled frequently but still gets right back up.

To who said he needs linemates badly, I'll agree. Eric Manlowe and Michael Lambert give him no options and he often goes one vs. world.

GSK*

Grabovsky was great in NHL for 3 games, he is right now the fastest players for the Habs organisation...

He is head and shoulders about all of those guys named in the threads..

Look how he is fast: (NHL game against Rangers, he scored a goal called back).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMR1tKbTDQk (Rosizval looks like a pylon)

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I'd like to add Rod Pelley to this list. Please rank him too! Thanks.

Um no.

He's not even in the same class.

What about him? Looks to me that the thread-starter was asking about Dubinsky, Bourret, Bolland, and Grabovski.

If some guy can ask for Rod Pelley, JOrts can ask for Callahan, who right now is head and shoulders above everyone in that group, and that just might be the case career-wise as well.

Why would you want Rod Pelley included. At this time he is a 4th liner in the NHL at best and with some development a borderline 3rd line center.

Thank you. :clap:

What has Brandon Dubinsky done to make him a better prospect then Grabovsky or even Bolland, clearly not this year's stats or previous international tournaments

Maybe you should watch him before you make such a pompous and ignorant statement.

14 points in his last 10 games in the AHL, and was EXCELLENT in his short stint with the Rangers.

Well he's a Ranger prospect AND an american, two of the most important traits in a hockey player.

And that's not a moronic statement, not at all.

Dubinsky and Bourret are adjusting to the AHL pretty fast as 20 and 21 year olds.

Both have recently really been playing great hockey at the AHL level

Dubinsky has 14 points in the past 10 games (7G,7A)
Bourret has 12 points in the past 7 games (after a few games with zero points while he adjusted to a new team after being traded).

Chemistry? Nope...they haven't played with each other since Bourret joined the team, one on the first line, the other on the 2nd.

I've always loved Dubi...he's going to be a great 2nd line center for the Rangers...Bourret i havent seen enough but damn..he hits everything..and I havn't seen this "floating" that ATL fans claim.

Basic Rule Of HFBoards: When your team trades a certain player, that player is to be trashed, so that you and your team can look better.

DUH FLY, LOLZ!1!@#%$1

On a more serious note, I don't know why people feel the need to do so, but that seems to be the case.

Gardebut30

Jun 8, 2004
Grabovsky was great in NHL for 3 games, he is right now the fastest players for the Habs organisation...

He is head and shoulders about all of those guys named in the threads..

Look how he is fast: (NHL game against Rangers, he scored a goal called back).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMR1tKbTDQk (Rosizval looks like a pylon)

If you're in love with him because he is such a fast skater, maybe I can intrigue you to trade one of your 1st round picks for Tony Salmelainen.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
Um no.
Basic Rule Of HFBoards: When your team trades a certain player, that player is to be trashed, so that you and your team can look better.

DUH FLY, LOLZ!1!@#%$1

On a more serious note, I don't know why people feel the need to do so, but that seems to be the case.

I think it was the 2 straight years of showing up to the Thrashers training camp grossly out of shape, and the fans of the Chicago Wolves said the same things about his effort there.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I think it was the 2 straight years of showing up to the Thrashers training camp grossly out of shape, and the fans of the Chicago Wolves said the same things about his effort there.

Well, he's certainly been anything but so far for us. He's hustled, worked hard, and gelled with his linemates after a few games of adjustment.

He was the guy the Rangers were going to draft in their spot before Staal dropped to them as well, so they are VERY familiar with his play as they scouted him about as heavily as possible.

With our coaching staff in Hartford, Bourret will NOT be allowed to slack off. Dubinsky came in with the feeling that his conditioning was off and after his first training camp he went back and cut everything off. Every Rangers prospect knows that they cannot slack as there is a replacement waiting in the wings.

Maybe you guys need some better motivational staff?

But I hope Pascal Dupuis ends up doing some good for you guys!

Little Nilan

Oct 29, 2006
Praha
Well, he's certainly been anything but so far for us. He's hustled, worked hard, and gelled with his linemates after a few games of adjustment.

He was the guy the Rangers were going to draft in their spot before Staal dropped to them as well, so they are VERY familiar with his play as they scouted him about as heavily as possible.

With our coaching staff in Hartford, Bourret will NOT be allowed to slack off. Dubinsky came in with the feeling that his conditioning was off and after his first training camp he went back and cut everything off. Every Rangers prospect knows that they cannot slack as there is a replacement waiting in the wings.

But I hope Pascal Dupuis ends up doing some good for you guys!

Don't you think it might be too soon to be talking of Bourret's "success" with the Rangers AHL team? He hasn't spent the year has he? I'd personally wait a bit before jumping to any conclusions. Especially considering the number of busts and failed experiments that came from the Rangers.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site

If the opportunity to make an NHL team is not sufficient motivation to put down the donuts and chinese food and get on the treadmill....especially after he was called out by the GM and coach in public the first year he showed up out of shape...good riddance.

I would rather not have a guy who needs to be watched 24x7x365 to make sure he behaves like the professional athlete he is. My guess is right now he is doing it out of embarassment for being traded for Pascal Dupuis, that will pass.

Gardebut30

Jun 8, 2004

And likewise when your team trades for a player, you laud his most simplistic of accomplishments. This also holds true.

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
If the opportunity to make an NHL team is not sufficient motivation to put down the donuts and chinese food and get on the treadmill....especially after he was called out by the GM and coach in public the first year he showed up out of shape...good riddance.

I would rather not have a guy who needs to be watched 24x7x365 to make sure he behaves like the professional athlete he is. My guess is right now he is doing it out of embarassment for being traded for Pascal Dupuis, that will pass.

Your being a little too harsh here. If it was that simple to be a mature 18-20 year old you would see a lot of younger guys making the NHL and sticking. These kids are under a lot of pressure and many of them are not valued for who they are as a person but just what they can do on the ice.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
If you're in love with him because he is such a fast skater, maybe I can intrigue you to trade one of your 1st round picks for Tony Salmelainen.

I'd rather trade one for Chimera :sarcasm:

But seriously, Grabo actually has hands, though they are pretty close in terms of strength.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Hey, sometimes players flourish with other teams and systems. Sometimes the guys first team just is not a good fit.

I think that that might be what has happened with the Thrashers. It's not like I'm really criticising the organization (though being sarcastic with you for a reason ;)), I think that this very well could be the case of a guy simply not fitting in.

If you take a look at what the Rangers did with Dubinsky, you'll see what I mean. He came in overweight and out of shape and they sat the kid down and really worked with him. It's what I'm sure they are doing with Bourret right now.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

ehh, why is it that I keep hearing conflicting stories...

The most common one I've heard is that he showed up to the first camp out of shape, but was in shape for the second one. Just didn't show his skills enough.

And to be blunt, I really don't trust AHL hockey fans when it comes to talking about players. I mean, they give some good insight in some areas, and it can be useful, but if Chicago fans are anything like some of the Wolfpack fans I know, their scouting reports aren't the most accurate, especially when it comes to high draft picks.

But whatever. You don't like him and I'm sure you'd rather he not do well, since he was traded. Right now he seems to be playing great for the Pack, so we'll how that goes.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Can't speak for the other player players mentioned; but as for Dubinsky and Bourret, let's just say Jim Schoenfeld has a way of making an impression on a young lad. Both players were hot @#$% rookies, with a bit of an attitude, and both had a rep for not training very well. Schoenfeld & Co. are masters at "adjusting" an attitude.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Um no.

Maybe you should watch him before you make such a pompous and ignorant statement.

14 points in his last 10 games in the AHL, and was EXCELLENT in his short stint with the Rangers.

oh wow! Grabo had a better streak then 14 points in 10 games 2 months and he too was excellent in his first call-up especially for someone playing his first year north american hockey. With a reply like yours , my post sure looked ignorant:help:

hab

Jan 19, 2006
Why don't you watch the kid play? He played fantastic at the NHL level. He's STRONG, has a big, thick frame, likes to hit and fight, drives to the net, etc. He certainly has a higher potential than anyone else on this list (#1/2 center).

I actually really like Bolland and Grabovsky as prospects. I just don't think it's a fair comparison when you throw Dubinsky into the debate. He's really separated himself from the other guys on this list.

I like Dubinsky, but seriously doubt he will be a 1st line center in the NHL. I don't think I am being a homer either, I see Dubinsky and Bourret as better prospects than Grabovsky, but any of them being 1st line players seems like a bit of a stretch, although I could see all of them playing on the second or third line relatively soon.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Really the only way Dubinsky ends up a 1st line center is if he makes another jump forward in his progression like he did last year or so.

I kind of think he tops out at a good 2nd line center, if he reaches that. The guy is really skilled and strong with some good hockey instincts...it kind of amazes me that he didn't put up better point totals in the CHL, but I guess he's a bit of a late bloomer.

Hawkster

It's on.
Aug 2, 2005
The Hawks front office seem to be very pleased with Bolland's current level of play.

After injuring his shoulder early on, and then taking a puck to the face blocking a shot, he's finally got healthy and really found his feet at this level.

33pts in his last 31 games isn't bad at all.

Last edited:

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
The most common one I've heard is that he showed up to the first camp out of shape, but was in shape for the second one. Just didn't show his skills enough.

The story I heard about his 2nd camp involved him getting injured during the Traverse City tourney, after being chided for not being in his best shape and underperforming, then being taken directly to Atlanta to see the severity of the injury....only for the Thrashers doctors to conclude he was either faking the injury or greatly exagerating the severity of it.

I do recall DW and Hartley not being pleased with his physical state during the preseason camp this year.

I hope he does great for the Rangers, but forgive me if I don't believe it will happen.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I hope he does great for the Rangers, but forgive me if I don't believe it will happen.

Well, we'll see. I think it's a little harsh to be giving up on the guy when he just barely played his first AHL year, and has done pretty well statswise in it at least.

And like others said, his play with the Pack has been backing up the numbers he's putting up lately, so good deal.

I'm kind of unsure what we'll get out of him, but I think things like poor conditioning can usually be ironed out pretty easily once the guy gets a little older and is in a professional organization that can work closely with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->