Dubinsky, Bourret, Bolland, Grabovski

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
well so far dubinsky has shown great flashes in his call up with the rangers

as far as callahan hes one of those guys who can play on any line and who can kill penalties

Super Berg

Oct 14, 2006
Ontario
How's Bolland doing in the Playoffs.

He didn't score 20 this year which is a bit of a disappointment. I don't think he will start in Chicago next year. Probabaly another year of seasoning?

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
How's Bolland doing in the Playoffs.

He didn't score 20 this year which is a bit of a disappointment. I don't think he will start in Chicago next year. Probabaly another year of seasoning?

He was injured at the start of the season and that seemed to really affect his play early on (only got 17 points in his first 33 games). He has however gone on a bit of a hot streak recently and has 11g 21a in his last 31 games.

Oh and Norfolk have 1 more regular season game to play before the playoffs start.

AKbeast

Mar 27, 2007
Really the only way Dubinsky ends up a 1st line center is if he makes another jump forward in his progression like he did last year or so.

I kind of think he tops out at a good 2nd line center, if he reaches that. The guy is really skilled and strong with some good hockey instincts...it kind of amazes me that he didn't put up better point totals in the CHL, but I guess he's a bit of a late bloomer.

Ive known Dubi since i was about 12 and thats the way he has been his entire career .... ever since he started playing hockey, as an 86 he played on my 85 superseries team and led us all the way to the title. :handclap: haha anyway what im saying is he was head and shoulders above everyone then began to level off and when he went to the WHL everyone said it was way to early as he hadnt quite made his jump again, surely enough he managed and has been making leaps and bounds ever since .... granted my opinion may be a little one sided but i can easily see him making another jump up in his play once he gets situated on the rangers roster.

Skyblaze

Aug 17, 2006
Montreal
This may be wrong since I have not seen enough of Dubinsky to get a proper opinion of him but if I'm looking at five years from now, I think i'd take Bolland out of those four. While I don't think he has much chances at becoming a star player, he's likely to be the kind of player that'll do good no matter on which line he plays. He's a great player to have on any depth chart. Again, keep in mind that I'm not including Dubinsky in this, but then again, I might still go with Bolland since I think he'll be that useful.

Grabovski may become awesome in some aspects of the game but he'll need a specific system and complementary linemates to be of any use to a team. I see him as a slightly less skilled Afinogenov, good for secondary scoring and the news' highlight reel.

Bourret just has too many question marks; he might turn out good in the end but I wouldn't bet the farm on it so I'm not entirely surprised that Atlanta traded him for an established player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad