Speculation: Dube (Mtl French radio analyst): expect a major trade involving Mtl and Dallas

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
How about we don't turn this thread into wishful thinking ******y about a Benn trade that would never happen in a million years and try and speculate on something more realistic?

;) more than a million habs fans never thought Pk Subban would be traded....

You never know....

When the word "major" is being used you figure it's those players on your top 2 lines....and top 4 D etc

Last edited:

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
Pacioretty,Pateryn for Seguin only problem Seguin just has 2 years left after this year and if he did not want to resign in Montreal you would have to trade him next off season as a 1 year rental and his value would not be as high.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Puckluck wtf? Seguin is worth much more than Pacioretty.

Its probably a deal involving Oduya or Sharp. Bergevin is in love with the old BlackHawks.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Dallas definately needs to shake things up... but I really don't know what a major trade would look like to help improve them. Sure Beaulieau's name is being thrown around, but IMO that's not really a game changer for Dallas.

I really don't know what a deal would look like. I cant see Habs giving up anything too too significant just cause they are an unreal team when healthy. They just need to get through this unfortunate time with some key pieces injured.

Would be cool to see something happen, but I just don't see a blockbuster happening... small trade maybe, but not a major one

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
It's clearly for Spezza.

And why would Dallas send Oduya or Hamhuis when they already need help on defense??

ginovegas

Dec 15, 2009
Montreal
Serious;y why would we want to get rid of Beaulieu, He has first pair potential, at worst second pairing, Is only 23, has size, skates like the win, makes 1 million. Markov is ageing and Emelin has a year on his contract.Plus out of our prospect pool Sergachev is a Lefty that plays the right side. ( i guess he could play the left side too) and Juulsen is a righty. We should find more guys like Beaulieu instead of getting rid of him

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Serious;y why would we want to get rid of Beaulieu, He has first pair potential, at worst second pairing, Is only 23, has size, skates like the win, makes 1 million. Markov is ageing and Emelin has a year on his contract.Plus out of our prospect pool Sergachev is a Lefty that plays the right side. ( i guess he could play the left side too) and Juulsen is a righty. We should find more guys like Beaulieu instead of getting rid of him

I think you should stop seeing Beaulieu as a first pair material. He will be at best 2nd pair if he gets consistency.

Also, if Habs want to be contender, they will have to part with some of the few interesting parts they got.

You will surely have to part with parts like Beaulieu, Juulsen, McCarron, Scherbak, 1st and 2nd picks if they want to improve the team.

Sergachev won't go except in a package for actual 1st pair LHD or top 6 centerman.

SlyIslands

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Major trade seems more like speculation based on amount of scouts between the two teams.

You must also consider that there isn't a lot of major trades during the season because of cap issues. So my guess is a player with salary retained and out of favour in Dallas.

Forget about Benn or Seguin. Not going to happen.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
To MTL: Spezza
To DAL: De La Rose, Desharnais and a 1st round pick

who says no?

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Lehkonen - Spezza - Gallagher
Danault - Plekanec - Byron
Flynn - Mitchell - McCarron

Beaulieu - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Redmond

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Well considering you are really only getting 20 more points from Benn and they play the same position, nearly the same age, and Benn's cap hit is $5 mil more than Patches, I could see it.

Benn is no doubt the better player, but its not like Patches is a slouch and the cap flexibility for slightly less production is a HUGE plus

Benn is everything for Dallas. I doubt if they would trade Benn.

It has to be a massive overpaid and Patches is not.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
MTL has no need for Oduya, and Sharp is not worth his contract at all. Unless it was for Plekanec + a small add, I wouldn't bother going for Sharp.

Also, let me clarify that I would not want Benn for Pacioretty++. Benn is going to cost 9.5m starting next season: that's brutal in this cap world and MTL wouldn't have what it takes to keep him + the core. It's an easy no from this Hab fan. As much as I really like Benn, and he's a superstar: his 9.5m cap isn't something I'd be willing to take.

I really don't know who could be good to trade between the Stars and the Habs that would fill a need.

ginovegas

Dec 15, 2009
Montreal
To MTL: Spezza
To DAL: De La Rose, Desharnais and a 1st round pick

who says no?

Danault - Plekanec - Byron
Flynn - Mitchell - McCarron

Beaulieu - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Redmond

you are missing Shaw

Byron - PLekanec - Shaw
Danault - Mitchell - Pick-em (Flynn, Carrion, Carr)

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Why? is it because of the cap? free agency?

Cause otherwise Seguin >>> Galchenyuk

I wouldn't go as far as saying Seguin >>> Galchenyuk, but obviously MTL would have to add if they ever traded for one another.

But I wouldn't trade Galchenyuk either, because whether we replace him for another C or not, it won't make a difference considering we'll still have a void in 2C, etc...

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
I don't remember Dube commiting himself like this about a rumor. Guy is probably the best analyst in Quebec, don't know about his contacts but if he throws something like this we can expect something.

Of course Sharp and/or Oduya would make sense, knowing of BargainBin loves the guys he knew back in Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad