Speculation: Dube (Mtl French radio analyst): expect a major trade involving Mtl and Dallas

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
Danny Dube, a seriously good hockey analyst who never spreads rumors, said tonight we should expect a major trade from the Habs, most probably with the Stars as many scouts and management guys have been following the Habs extensively in the past few weeks. Dube is very close to the team.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Probably Spezza for Sergachev

Before Spezza was traded, he put every Canadian team on his no trade list.

He didn't want to play in a Canadian market and i doubt things have changed since then.

He wants out of the spotlight after being **** on not only by the Canadian media, but also by Sens fans.

The Canadiens is the last team Spezza will want to go to if he still wants to avoid attention.

Last edited:

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I hope it's something nuts like Sharp (50%) + Hamhuis (50%) for Desharnais, Beaulieu, and some very valuable picks/prospects.
:popcorn:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I hope it's something nuts like Sharp (50%) + Hamhuis (50%) for Desharnais, Beaulieu, and some very valuable picks/prospects.
:popcorn:

Desharnais is out 8 weeks...Alex Galchenyuk 8 weeks

Major trade = Weber for Subban

Dallas Montreal Major trade would be like
Max Pacioretty + + for Jamie Benn+ + type of deal..lol

Last edited:

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Wouldn't mind adding Sharp 25% retained and Hamhuis, wouldn't give up much more than Andrighetto, a couple of seconds and some salary though.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I doubt it's Sharp since he's still out with a concussion and has been for quite awhile

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Wouldnt be surprised if the rights to Nichushkin are involved given the opportunity in MTL for him along with fellow russians Radulov, markov, emelin and he would be able to come over this year if he so chose (if i remember correctly)

That and it seems Nuke wants no part of a Lindy Ruff team and I am not sure he is going anywhere the next few years. The injury bug this year will surely buy Ruff time, especially on the heels of winning the west last year

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Why would there ever be a plus involved on the Dallas side of that?

Well considering you are really only getting 20 more points from Benn and they play the same position, nearly the same age, and Benn's cap hit is $5 mil more than Patches, I could see it.

Benn is no doubt the better player, but its not like Patches is a slouch and the cap flexibility for slightly less production is a HUGE plus

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Well considering you are really only getting 20 more points from Benn and they play the same position, nearly the same age, and Benn's cap hit is $5 mil more than Patches, I could see it.

Benn is no doubt the better player, but its not like Patches is a slouch and the cap flexibility for slightly less production is a HUGE plus

Uhm sure I'd definitely add on Pacioretty to get Benn. I mean Benn is better at every single this so I'm all for it.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
How about we don't turn this thread into wishful thinking ******y about a Benn trade that would never happen in a million years and try and speculate on something more realistic?

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Uhm sure I'd definitely add on Pacioretty to get Benn. I mean Benn is better at every single this so I'm all for it.

well the point in question was patches ++ for benn +

I can easily see how a patches ++ package is worth more than benn straight up, obviously depending on the +s though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad