Speculation: Dube (Mtl French radio analyst): expect a major trade involving Mtl and Dallas

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
IF this is actually true, I have a feeling that it could be Faksa to Montreal. Dallas has NHL ready centers like Shore to replace him, and Montreal has a #4/5 dman in Beaulieu available that could help the Stars shoddy blueline.

Faksa (+ Lindell?) + Oleksiak
for
Beaulieu (+ quality pick /prospect?) + Redmond

I can see MON really coveting Faksa and their top 6 centers are currently injured. Beaulieu has been on the block recently and Stars gotta try and improve their D.

Habs try replacing Beaulieu with Lindell as "Plan A", with adding a Dman at the deadline as "Plan B". This new D issue is worth the headache for Montreal if they can add a big young center.

I added in Oleksiak and a Redmond as a sweetener for Montreal. Oleksiak is just a #7/8 in Dallas and there won't be room for him there for much longer. Montreal doesn't care about Redmond and prefers to give Oleksiak a try.

This isn't a proposal exactly. More of a prediction.

EDIT - Is Lindell highly thought of again? I remember he definitely was, and then he was looking mediocre in the NHL for a while there when he was called up. If he turned it around and is a stud again, then remove him from this deal.

Last edited:

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
IF this is actually true, I have a feeling that it could be Faksa to Montreal. Dallas has NHL ready centers like Shore to replace him, and Montreal has a #4/5 dman in Beaulieu available that could help the Stars shoddy blueline.

Faksa + Lindell + Oleksiak
for
Beaulieu + (good pick /prospect) + Redmond

I can see MON really coveting Faksa and their top 6 centers are currently injured. Beaulieu has been on the block recently and Stars gotta try and improve their D.

Habs try replacing Beaulieu with Lindell as "Plan A", with adding a Dman at the deadline as "Plan B". This new D issue is worth the headache for Montreal if they can add a big young center.

I added in Oleksiak and a Redmond as a sweetener for Montreal. Oleksiak is just a #7/8 in Dallas and there won't be room for him there for much longer. Montreal doesn't care about Redmond and prefers to give Oleksiak a try.

Faksa and Lindell are the two best pieces of that deal though. And if Montreal gave up on Tinordi why would they want Oleksiak?

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX

for

You did a really good job bending over the Stars and not taking any of their needs into account. Faksa and Lindell are going nowhere.

Some of the deals here are simply nuts. Want something realistic? Think Oduya to the Habs.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg

for

Not a prediction I'd put money on.

"Good pick/prospect" is pretty vague. Care to finish off your prediction?

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

for

Wow that is horrible for Dallas. Beul for Lindell is a wash, why give up faksa for a pick and another depth defender? They got depth defender up their a..

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Faksa and Lindell are the two best pieces of that deal though. And if Montreal gave up on Tinordi why would they want Oleksiak?
The "good pick/prospect" could be as good as McCarron or Scherbak or Juulsen or MON 1ST. Or possibly Lindell and the "good pick/prospect" are removed altogether and Habs swing a seperate deal for a top 4 D (Edler?).

Is Lindell still highly touted? If I'm remembering correctly, he was great in the AHL and then really mediocre in the NHL in 2016, but I admittedly don't pay enough attention.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Not a prediction I'd put money on.

"Good pick/prospect" is pretty vague. Care to finish off your prediction?

It's vague on purpose because it's a prediction not a proposal. It's just an idea of what pieces I think each team would want. The vague part is basically me saying "Montreal has to give something good here to get Dallas to agree, but I have no real idea what Montreal would be willing to give or what Dallas would ask for".

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
The "good pick/prospect" could be as good as McCarron or Scherbak or Juulsen or MON 1ST. Or possibly Lindell and the "good pick/prospect" are removed altogether and Habs swing a seperate deal for a top 4 D (Edler?).

Is Lindell still highly touted? If I'm remembering correctly, he was great in the AHL and then really mediocre in the NHL in 2016, but I admittedly don't pay enough attention.

Lindell has been playing top pairing with Klingberg for a good portion of the season and is #2 in average TOI among d-men on the team.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada

From what I've seen of Lindell this season he's going to be a very very good NHL defenseman. I'd take Honka over him but he's got a ton of potential.

And Faksa looks like a pure gamer and the type of player you win with, stars will gladly ship out Eakin long before him.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
This was my first thought.

Montreal needs a center badly, though. I don't know who on Dallas really fits that bill. Roussel also comes to mind. He seems like a Bergevin type of player.

Roussel makes no sense, as they have Gallagher and Shaw to fill the goal scoring agitator roles, and both are better players.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

Faksa (+ Lindell?) + Oleksiak
for
Beaulieu (+ quality pick /prospect?) + Redmond

EDIT - Is Lindell highly thought of again? I remember he definitely was, and then he was looking mediocre in the NHL for a while there when he was called up. If he turned it around and is a stud again, then remove him from this deal.

Faksa is Lindy ' most trusted defensive forward and our best pker by a mile. As for Lindell, he was highly thought of came up and played a little more rookie ish to start than many thought he would. Since then he has settled down as the best compliment to Spezza.

So of our young ish players I would think both those names are quite high on the list of who we consider future pieces for us.

What we have is 8 D right now and Honka sitting at 15 points in 20 games in the ahl and after his mini stint here he has shown he is ready. Clearing a D spot would be our best play as it opens up a spot for Honka. There was talk of MTL wanting a tip 4 D and Oduya seems to fit that bill. As for movable centers I assume Eakin would the first Nill would look to move as he has essentially lost his spot to Faksa.

Now I don't consider an Oduya or Eakin trade to be massive but what a poster said above in the addition of Nuke's rights could make it interesting. Your russian players are liking MTL and a situation like that might be exactly what Nuke wants to return to.

All speculation and I don't want to trade Nuke but he seems like a possibility

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Bergevin is getting a date with a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader in return for 50 pounds of Montreal Smoked Meat.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Dube said its a major trade for a "top 6 player".

Personally i like Faksa (and he's the type of player that MB covets).. but i highly doubt Bergevin could rob another team of a Danault type player (also it wouldnt be a very major trade).

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Dube said its a major trade for a "top 6 player".

Personally i like Faksa (and he's the type of player that MB covets).. but i highly doubt Bergevin could rob another team of a Danault type player (also it wouldnt be a very major trade).

Sharp or Eakin? I would consider Sharp top 6 and Eakin top 9. Though one is injured and one is suspended. Other than that I can't imagine which decent forward is available

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Sharp or Eakin? I would consider Sharp top 6 and Eakin top 9. Though one is injured and one is suspended. Other than that I can't imagine which decent forward is available

I'd like Eakin with the Habs, but not his 3.9M.

I'd take Sharp retained though, he'd fill a need for us! But we would still have to put DD in the deal to make it work cap wise! What about Hudon+3rd+DD vs Sharp+5th?

And we roll with...

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Sharp - Plekanec - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Danault - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - McCarron/Flynn

That would be a nice forward group!

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Before Spezza was traded, he put every Canadian team on his no trade list.

He didn't want to play in a Canadian market and i doubt things have changed since then.

He wants out of the spotlight after being **** on not only by the Canadian media, but also by Sens fans.

The Canadiens is the last team Spezza will want to go to if he still wants to avoid attention.

I agree. He never enjoyed the attention from the Sens media... can you imagine him in Montreal ? Especially a guy of his caliber ? It would end his career.

I see a trade involving either Sharp or Eakin

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I agree. He never enjoyed the attention from the Sens media... can you imagine him in Montreal ? Especially a guy of his caliber ? It would end his career.

I see a trade involving either Sharp or Eakin

It's too bad. He'd make a lot of sense for the habs right now and I don't think he's a guy that Dallas would have on their untouchable list.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Eaves is having a career year, 12 goals would put him second on the Habs this season. He's cheap.. can play both wings? And statistically seems to have produced in the playoffs. I'd wager Eaves is on top of the list, with Sharp 50% retained second. Maybe MB thinks he can get a 2 for the price of 1 and sure up his offensive depth in 1 deal.

Try Sharp at Center? At least until Galchenyuk comes back.

Eaves for ?
Sharp @ 50% ?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
You did a really good job bending over the Stars and not taking any of their needs into account. Faksa and Lindell are going nowhere.

Some of the deals here are simply nuts. Want something realistic? Think Oduya to the Habs.

How about you take Montreal's needs into account?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad