Dubby 6 Oilers 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
IMO we really need to be looking into Halak or Hiller. Both are UFAs at the end of the year playing on teams with other up and coming goalies. I would take the gamble and move something for one of them and try to wok on an extension rather than bidding in the UFA market.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Hiller maybe but I doubt the Blues want to change anything. Halak has started all their games so far and they would be silly to trade him away.

Conkanen*

I've never thought Dubnyk was a good NHL starter. Its not judging him on 5 games. I was critical of him years ago when he was having trouble even in TC. I've always noted a guy that gets easily rattled once things start going south and very much in contrast to the "big easy" moniker. Its anything but. When this guy loses his focus he loses his goaltending mind. Luongo is a peer in this regard, but with Luongo actually being good otherwise.

I never bought in either. Ever. I told anyone who would listen last year that I thought he wasn't as good as his save % looked.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Well you stick to your guns then son. The fact is the dude generates scoring chances at a better click than anyone right now but you keep believing he's overpaid.

It's not drastic or anything, 500k-1m overpayment but with Hall's deal it doesn't really matter. Edmonton has to overpay for almost everyone, it's just the way it is.

Conkanen*

This is how Eberle looks when opponents decide playing pond hockey is OK. From the Blackhawks, to the Nucks, to the Leafs he'll make you look silly if you give him the chance. But throw tight system play and a leash around his collar and he has a lot of trouble getting things done.

For this reason my view runs counter to a lot of people who figure Eberle is clutch. I think he's anything but. This is a guy that would be legendary in allstar games and ineffective in playoffs.

If a deal was possible with good return we should do that before the playoff eventuality occurs. I don't see Jordan excelling in that sphere.

He's the best scoring chance machine we have and everyone on here wants to either trade him or call him overpaid. HFOil is an amazing place.

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Has anyone weighed in on JY? I thought he was non-existant except for when he put Phaneuf on his ass....still injured?
You mean Joensuu? I don't think anyone has confirmed he's still nursing anything, but it wouldn't surprise me, given how impactful he was vs the Jets and his general invisibility yesterday.

Any word on Yakupov drawing back in against Washington?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
He's the best scoring chance machine we have and everyone on here wants to either trade him or call him overpaid. HFOil is an amazing place.

At least I didn't make a timing post about it. There was no end of criticism of Eberle laying a big goose egg so far before last night. So he loads up on 3 pts against the leafs in a game in which neither club could be bothered playing D.

How am I wrong?

Does this guy get much accomplished in the tight checking games?

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
At least I didn't make a timing post about it. There was no end of criticism of Eberle laying a big goose egg so far before last night. So he loads up on 3 pts against the leafs in a game in which neither club could be bothered playing D.

How am I wrong?

Does this guy get much accomplished in the tight checking games?
16 in league in scoring last 3 years does it matter god this place at times , and I am sure he had points in close checking ones unless you suggest everyone else in top 20 only do . And why do people pick out 3/4 point games for skilled players like it pads there overall stats it applies to all.
http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/seasons/last-3-nhl-seasons-players-stats.html

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada

no. Hall is by fair, then RNH.

whether you Eberle fanboys want to admit it or not, the fact is he is a smallish, non physical, dangling winger. IMO, this player-type comes in right before the defensive 3rd line checkers in the 'need to have' catagory. 1, 2 and 3 Cs , 1,2,3,4 Ds, power forwards, phyiscal forwards that provide some offense, and of course goalies, are all more important.

Eberle is very skilled. we just need 4 other player-types more (a G, a good D, a power forward, a physical forward with some O, tho JJ may be that)

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
16 in league in scoring last 3 years does it matter god this place at times , and I am sure he had points in close checking ones unless you suggest everyone else in top 20 only do . And why do people pick out 3/4 point games for skilled players like it pads there overall stats it applies to all.

Wow, that is pretty damn impressive. I've been frustrated with Eberle until last night but maybe I should cut him a little more slack.

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
no. Hall is by fair, then RNH.

whether you Eberle fanboys want to admit it or not, the fact is he is a smallish, non physical, dangling winger. IMO, this player-type comes in right before the defensive 3rd line checkers in the 'need to have' catagory. 1, 2 and 3 Cs , 1,2,3,4 Ds, power forwards, phyiscal forwards that provide some offense, and of course goalies, are all more important.

Eberle is very skilled. we just need 4 other player-types more (a G, a good D, a power forward, a physical forward with some O, tho JJ may be that)

WTF? Third line centres and second-pairing defenceman are more valuable than Jordan Eberle? You would rather have Colin Greening? Matt Stajan? Jared Spurgeon? Instead of a 23 year old who led the team in scoring in his first two NHL seasons? And, as shown in an above post, has outscored the likes of Daniel Sedin, Marian Gaborik, and Zach Parise in his first three?

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Wow, that is pretty damn impressive. I've been frustrated with Eberle until last night but maybe I should cut him a little more slack.

It really frustrates me when our fanbase does not recognize what we have in a player he is also tied for the youngest players on that list with Stamkos and Tavares. And ahead of such so stated gods like Couture Benn so on .

Koto

May 3, 2011

~130 games thats 1.5 seasons...

so his one unsustainable season, followed by a much lower lockout half-season dropping him a bunch. more to come.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
~130 games thats 1.5 seasons...

so his one unsustainable season, followed by a much lower lockout half-season dropping him a bunch. more to come.

I wonder how he got that high to drop wonder if he will drop below Getzlaf Perry Sedin Parise and the rest because you know he is a lot younger than them so of course he is going to recede while they improve:rolleyes:And how much higher would he be if he did not play with broken thumb for a good chunk of a year? And he is producing right now at his career level.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I wonder how he got that high to drop wonder if he will drop below Getzlaf Perry Sedin Parise and the rest because you know he is a lot younger than them so of course he is going to recede while they improve:rolleyes:And how much higher would he be if he did not play with broken thumb for a good chunk of a year? And he is producing right now at his career level.

haha, yeah... koto's post is more than a little ridiculous

people have a very strange opinion on eberle though for some reason... haven't figured out why yet, but they do... he's not in "gagner territory" yet for these people, but that moment doesn't seem to be too far away

in his "down year" last year, he was still 41st in the entire league in scoring, so in other words a legit 1st line player... some people man, some people

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
WTF? Third line centres and second-pairing defenceman are more valuable than Jordan Eberle? You would rather have Colin Greening? Matt Stajan? Jared Spurgeon? Instead of a 23 year old who led the team in scoring in his first two NHL seasons? And, as shown in an above post, has outscored the likes of Daniel Sedin, Marian Gaborik, and Zach Parise in his first three?

that quote of ruste's tells you all you need to know really... there is a feature on this site that is very well worth using, i suggest you do so for such people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad