Eklund Rumor: Dubas interested in Gudas

mitchthemitch

Jan 10, 2019
Toronto
Package deal for sure. 2nd + 5th + B prospect. But I think Philly's going to wait til the TDL, see if they are close to a WC spot or not, and then decide on becoming sellers.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Not a Leafs fan but I think he is actually the right move for them. Price will be reasonable and he will keep opposing teams’ snipers’ heads up. There should be competition for him though.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Package deal for sure. 2nd + 5th + B prospect. But I think Philly's going to wait til the TDL, see if they are close to a WC spot or not, and then decide on becoming sellers.

Deadline is inconsequential for Gudas, from a Flyers perspeective.. We could hold on to him and get that same offer (likely better) next year when he's a pure rental. I doubt they move him this year, especially since Myers hasnt figured in to the roster yet, unless someone gives a reason to do so, and a 2nd and a 5th isnt a good reason.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Question for Philly fans -I can see that playoffs this year are not likely, but given the turn around in the second half of the season, the emergence of Hart and the fact that Gudas is signed through next season why would the Flyers be interested in trading Gudas for middling picks? The 2nd has about a 30% chance of becoming a regular NHLer and the other picks being offered are less than that. Wouldn't he be worth keeping? Is it a case of a trade just to be active at the deadline?

Baymen4

Oct 31, 2016
lol islanders do not need a 2c in the worst way they need a scoring winger. Nelson Barzal Filpulla and cizikas have been great down the middle for them.

CountKong

Jun 5, 2018
Isn't there already a thread for this? Sorry don't know how to link to another tread.

Value of: Radko Gudas to the Leafs at the deadline.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Question for Philly fans -I can see that playoffs this year are not likely, but given the turn around in the second half of the season, the emergence of Hart and the fact that Gudas is signed through next season why would the Flyers be interested in trading Gudas for middling picks? The 2nd has about a 30% chance of becoming a regular NHLer and the other picks being offered are less than that. Wouldn't he be worth keeping? Is it a case of a trade just to be active at the deadline?

Well as Flyers fans, we don't think Gudas would get traded for middling picks nor deserves to. We think he's at least a few 2nds, or a 1st.

But the reason why he's even open for trade is because we have a logjam on our defense. Phil Myers needs to play and Samuel Morin needs to play when he's healthy. We have Provy, Sanheim, Ghost and (unfortunately) McDonald guaranteed next year. Myers needs to make the jump to top 4 NHL minutes but he isn't going to get those over Provy, San or Ghost --- he could get them if Gudas is gone though.

Basically, we just have a ton of good prospects to play and Gudas has value so he's the logical choice to move while we have a surplus.

Reactions: Kurtz

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
As a poster stated above, Gudas with term is more than that. It usually depends what people consider to be a B level prospect. A lot of people on here have really wacky rankings of prospects, but B is a decent level prospect.

Most have said a 2nd + 3rd is fine. However, what that B prospect is... makes it breaks that deal. If it’s a lowly prospect, the 2nd + 3rd is fair.

He’s somewhat of a fan favorite, but with the likes of Hagg and MacDonald still in the lineup, I highly doubt the Flyers unload their most consistent Dman this year. The best time to trade Gudas is next year when Morin is healthy.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I don't think the Flyers would trade him for a 2nd to be honest.

The rationale behind trading him aside from the fact that he's a polarizing player in Philly is that the Flyers have a lot of defenseman locked into roster spots for next season. Provorov, Ghost, Sanheim, Hagg, and Myers are locks to be in the opening night roster unless there's a surprising offseason trade. The Flyers really want to give Morin a legit chance next season after he's fully recovered from injury and then AMac still has a year left on an untradeable contract so they are probably the 6th and 7th defenseman. If they keep Gudas they would probably be forced to keep Morin in the AHL because it would be a waste to have a young guy sit in the press box as a #7 and I think they view Morin as a cheaper option to replace what Gudas brings.

I don't think its so much that they want him gone, it's more of a numbers game and the fact that Gudas has a reasonable cap hit for what he brings so he would certainly have some value. I hope they find a way out of AMacs contract and I would rather see them trade Hagg but that's just me.

Reactions: Boondock

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
I feel like Gudas will probably stay a Flyer unless another team ridiculously overpays for him.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad