Dubas has to wear this

Status
Not open for further replies.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
We're likely going to have to waste another year next year so all the people on the fence can then decide.

I'd rather move on from Kyle once the draft lottery is completed, but don't believe we'll get that lucky

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Greg Millen kept pumping Hutchinson's tires. Probably because Greg Millen used to play Hutchinson hockey.

Reactions: Polaris1010

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Just curious as a fan of another team, what most Leaf fans would do if you could go back in time.
Would you guys want to sign JT still or would there be different moves that you’d change ?
It would very hard to pass up a player of his skill / age without giving up any assets and a player of his caliber hardly ever becomes a UFA .
What would you guys change from what’s already been done if you still do the JT signing ?
I’m asking this thinking if you wanted to restructure cap spending from having amazing top 6 forwards and spread it out to improve defence and goaltending , is the JT signing something you’d change or would it be something else like trading Nylander when he was a RFA or a sign & trade him or trade Marner ?
What I’m getting at is I would find it very hard to let any of Matthews JT Marner Nylander go in a trade to address defence and a backup goalie.
Trading a stud forward for a good defensive defenceman is not a very sexy move and most casual fans would lose their minds wouldn’t they ?
Just an example , trading Marner for a V .Hedman type D ....

I know it hasn’t worked out as good as it should have , just thinking it would be hard to blame Dubas for originally building;g the team the way he has so far .
Offence should be so good that it would cover up for defensive depth and sub par goaltending (by the backup)

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Just curious as a fan of another team, what most Leaf fans would do if you could go back in time.
Would you guys want to sign JT still or would there be different moves that you’d change ?
It would very hard to pass up a player of his skill / age without giving up any assets and a player of his caliber hardly ever becomes a UFA .
What would you guys change from what’s already been done if you still do the JT signing ?
I’m asking this thinking if you wanted to restructure cap spending from having amazing top 6 forwards and spread it out to improve defence and goaltending , is the JT signing something you’d change or would it be something else like trading Nylander when he was a RFA or a sign & trade him or trade Marner ?
What I’m getting at is I would find it very hard to let any of Matthews JT Marner Nylander go in a trade to address defence and a backup goalie.
Trading a stud forward for a good defensive defenceman is not a very sexy move and most casual fans would lose their minds wouldn’t they ?
Just an example , trading Marner for a V .Hedman type D ....

All these options are available in the future so there's no need to go back in time. If worse came I'm sure they could move anybody.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Im a fan of Dubas but enough is enough with the back up goaltending. He needs to finally address that issue on the team

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Dude destroyed our future with those contracts. The term vs dollar value makes no sense. No one in the league has comparable contracts to marner and matthews.

He literally bid against himself on rfas

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Dude destroyed our future with those contracts. The term vs dollar value makes no sense. No one in the league has comparable contracts to marner and matthews.

Go shake yer pillow

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
This can’t be serious, right? There needs to be a combination of hard work and hockey knowledge.
What don't you like?

Drafting?
Developing?
Firing Babcock?
Trading bad contracts?
Signing Tavares?
Low key signings?
Locking up the core?
Trading for top 4 dmen?
Hiring a good coach?

I'll give you the back up goalie, bute let's take a step back here.

It's a shitty year, but Dubas has been doing great overall. No GM gets 100% in any year.

Reactions: MJK and Luckylarry

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake

And I bet he pays for the drinks when they go out clubbing together.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
What don't you like?

Drafting?
Developing?
Firing Babcock?
Trading bad contracts?
Signing Tavares?
Low key signings?
Locking up the core?
Trading for top 4 dmen?
Hiring a good coach?

I'll give you the back up goalie, bute let's take a step back here.

It's a ****ty year, but Dubas has been doing great overall. No GM gets 100% in any year.
Hearing ?Dubas made a trade to get Jack Campbell

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Dubas has basically constructed an NHL franchise mode team.

One of the top teams in the league since Keefe tookover ...

- Leafs after firing coach: .661 winning % (Nov 20 2019 - Feb 5 2020)
- St.Louis last year after firing coach: .563 winning % (Nov 20 2018 - Feb 5 2019)

Imagine if St.Louis listened to their fans before November 20th last year (firing their coach). = No Stanley Cup
Imagine if St.Louis listened to their fans before February 5th last year (I.e today). = No Stanley Cup

I think you guys see my point. Just because some folks 'want' to believe this type of playing style won't work, doesn't dispute all these facts lol.

Patience folks. Dubas needs to fix the backup goalie situation, BUT that's absolutely pointless if Andersen continues to play as trash as he is (from start of January till he got injured). Is anyone actually admitting that Andersen shouldn't be our #1 goaltender? Because if not, I preach patience until the dude returns to his normal self. IF Andersen plays average (not even amazing, just average) AND we still lose, then by all means fire Dubas and retool the entire team.

Reactions: stopclickbait

Todd03

May 28, 2016
It's funny how people on here blame this mess on Babcock. Babcock
did not build this team dubass did some of it. This team like a couple of other people
have said no grit no toughness and defence is to soft and small to play again bigger and stronger teams.
Look at this team 2019 draft picks all of them are under 6 feet tall. The champs from last year there
defence is all over 6-2 but one. and havce everything the leafs d does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad