Proposal: Drouin

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Some of the Lightning fans seem to think Cooper has a bit of Bylsma in him lately. Showing too much favoritism towards washed-up vets and career AHLers. Obviously there would have to be more than Kunitz in the deal, but it wouldn't be too far outside the realm of possibilities to think they would see some value in Kunitz.

On a side note, it's kind of sad to see one of the more fun to watch teams last year go down a path similar to the one the Penguins have the last few seasons.

I doubt Cooper has much say on who gets traded or not. I'm sure he will have input but the final decision is Yzerman's and I don't see him valuing Kunitz enough to move Drouin.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Some of the Lightning fans seem to think Cooper has a bit of Bylsma in him lately. Showing too much favoritism towards washed-up vets and career AHLers. Obviously there would have to be more than Kunitz in the deal, but it wouldn't be too far outside the realm of possibilities to think they would see some value in Kunitz.

On a side note, it's kind of sad to see one of the more fun to watch teams last year go down a path similar to the one the Penguins have the last few seasons.

It is my sliver of hope, that and Kunitz was on the Olympic team. It could be a perfect storm for doing something stupid with Kunitz having a boosted value and interest.

I swear to god, this board liking a team is the kiss of death, but Tampa isn't going down a Penguins road because the Pens managed to keep the core together. We're in limbo, they're going towards a potential rebuild, even if it's a small one. MSL wanting out, Stamkos leaving and Drouin wanting out is a red flag for that org, tbh, and Hedman and Bishop are UFA's soon.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
I am confused about something. Are not the Lightning, Cooper, and Yzerman right near the top in player development? They seem so to me, which makes Drouin much less attractive, at least to my eyes.

Drouin may have some really big character issues, do we dare add him to our disfunctional Penguins family?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I am confused about something. Are not the Lightning, Cooper, and Yzerman right near the top in player development? They seem so to me, which makes Drouin much less attractive, at least to my eyes.

Drouin may have some really big character issues, do we dare add him to our disfunctional Penguins family?

Character issues can be a weird thing, I think. There's legitimate concerns and then there's "he doesn't fit the image of what we think a hockey player should be." If Drouin is looking out for his best interests and future, then I don't blame him and wouldn't call those character issues. Hockey people seem to really have a problem with that and I wonder how much of a problem it could be in a decade. Now, if he's being a brat who won't accept criticism and that impacts his development, that's a character issue. Him being on the 4th line is like when Bylsma would put Bennett with Gladams or whatever, it's stupid and a coaching problem.

But I think Lightning fans have complained about how they use youth. iirc, it's kind of like the Pens where the young player has to force their hands or get "seasoned" more.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
That's a throwback proposal right there. Vintage HF. It's even got the 2nd rounder.

To be fair I think the first rumour said something like: "plus a high pick, but no first rounder". I do not remember the other parts and I'm sure it was bs anyway :laugh:

Oh yes I'm sure Stevie Y is going to be really excited about that offer.

We just have to hope, that Mr. Wilson is head scout for the Tampa Bay Lightning. Boom done deal.

Last edited:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
St. Louis should go after Stamkos and Drouin.

They would need to have a little pre-trade negotiating with Stammer to see if he's willing to sign an extension. Stammer+Drouin would be a hefty price. If Stammer didn't resign it could be disastrous for St Louis.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Drouin will take a long time to reach a decent top 6 level because his play doesn't translate well into the NHL. There's no guarantee he reaches it either. Tampa has no use for Murray (Vasileksy) or Pouliot (DeAngelo), which leaves only Sprong.

I think the risk is worth it for Drouin. The guy will either be a bust or a superstar, it will hinge on how he is developed by the team he's traded to. He's far too talented to be anything in between

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
Have felt that Drouin was ticketed to St. Louis, however, now reading the Ducks are making a big push. Both teams fit the desire to move Drouin outside the East.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If Yzerman is smart and I think he is, he'll wait to see what's going on with Stamkos and will tell Drouin's camp to be patient because of that. Because if Stamkos walks, Drouin has a shot to be one of go to guys on the team and the team will be more inclined to giving him more ice to do his thing.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Have felt that Drouin was ticketed to St. Louis, however, now reading the Ducks are making a big push. Both teams fit the desire to move Drouin outside the East.

It'd be hilarious if Yzerman does pull the trigger, loses Drouin, then loses Stamkos the same year for nothing.

Ouch.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
If Yzerman is smart and I think he is, he'll wait to see what's going on with Stamkos and will tell Drouin's camp to be patient because of that. Because if Stamkos walks, Drouin has a shot to be one of go to guys on the team and the team will be more inclined to giving him more ice to do his thing.
Unless they pay big for Kopitar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad