Proposal: Drouin

Steel Winning

Philling The Net
Aug 4, 2015
Should the Pens go after Drouin, he has asked for a trade, and is exactly what we need for Sid's LW

Something like

TO :pens
Drouin

TO :bolts
Pouliot
Kunitz
2016 2nd ANA

If this is what we would have to give up, I think we do it, we can move other assets for a top 4D, and this gives us a young #1 LW for the future

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Take out Kunitz and it's fair. I'm also questioning how good of a fit Drouin would be here, we need more physicality and he brings the opposite of that.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Pens should be interested, however it may be a season too late. Losing Pouliot and Despres one after another will mean the defense will suck for years.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
They have Dangelo, so Pouliot is redundant for them. I don't think we have the assets to acquire Drouin.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Take out Kunitz and it's fair. I'm also questioning how good of a fit Drouin would be here, we need more physicality and he brings the opposite of that.
Huh, how does Kunitz make a difference here? He has a positive but very low value. That said, Pouliot+2nd for Drouin is laughably bad, you won´t find one TB supporter that would do it. Awful. The Pens would probably have to part with Dumoulin or Maatta which would be incredibly risky.

Steel Winning

Philling The Net
Aug 4, 2015
Huh, how does Kunitz make a difference here? He has a positive but very low value. That said, Pouliot+2nd for Drouin is laughably bad, you won´t find one TB supporter that would do it. Awful. The Pens would probably have to part with Dumoulin or Maatta which would be incredibly risky.

He has publicly announced he wants out, no way he gets a Dumo or Maatta type player back

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria
I'd do that trade for sure (minus Kunitz it's probably negative value for them). We don't have much in the way off LW talent. Even if some don't see him as a great fit, he is going to be a great player and we can trade him if we need to later (or someone else and keep Drouin) when his stock has risen.

EDIT: They'd want more than that though.

Steel Winning

Philling The Net
Aug 4, 2015
I'd do that trade for sure (minus Kunitz it's probably negative value for them). We don't have much in the way off LW talent. Even if some don't see him as a great fit, he is going to be a great player and we can trade him if we need to later (or someone else and keep Drouin) when his stock has risen.

EDIT: They'd want more than that though.

Turris got Rundblad and a 2nd

Drouin>Turris
Pouliot>Rundblad
ANA 2nd>OTT 2nd
Kunitz has some value, maybe we retain 25% of his contract

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Look at the Turris trade and get back to me. He demanded a trade, he doesn't have nearly that value.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Pouliot doesn't fill a need for Tampa so I don't see a way we could work out a trade.

Pegging a young, unproven potential stud's trade value is hard work...he has asked for a trade, so his value hits a potential snag...but you're kidding yourself if you don't think every other team in this league is thinking about making an offer. There's no way asking for a trade will submarine his value that much.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Look at the Turris trade and get back to me. He demanded a trade, he doesn't have nearly that value.
I hate bringing back trades from the past.. Most importantly, how does that Turris trade look for ARI now? There is no way that someone won´t offer more than just 2nd+Pouliot for Drouin..

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I hate bringing back trades from the past.. Most importantly, how does that Turris trade look for ARI now? There is no way that someone won´t offer more than just 2nd+Pouliot for Drouin..

How the trade looks for Arizona now is completely irrelevant. He'll bring back the same return Turris brought back.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Don't really want him. I'm by no means unwilling to trade any of those assets, but I want a bigger guy coming back if possible.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
How the trade looks for Arizona now is completely irrelevant. He'll bring back the same return Turris brought back.

No, that's not at all irrelevant. Why would Tampa sell that low when they saw what Turris did after being moved? They're not in a situation where they have to trade him right this very second and they'd easily be able to get a better package than Turris returned. Revisiting old trades to peg current trade value is a pointless endeavor anyway.

Of course Rundblad busting terrible makes that trade all the uglier.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I still don't know how much I like the Turris comparison. Again... he was a year further along (more?), in the midst of a contract spat, had even more question marks than Drouin and I believe already had concussion issues, right? I DO think Drouin demanding a trade will dent his value... but not to the point that a team couldn't handily top Pouliot and a second. Frankly... Pouliot just isn't worth that much league-wide, I wouldn't think.

But that's also about as much as I'd go, were I the Penguins. I just don't see it being realistic, one way or the other. And again... Tampa is going to want a forward back that isn't on his way out to pasture. That would be Sprong... which should be a non-starter.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
According to Bob Mackenzie, they want a top 6 forward and a pick (but not a first).

Perron/Horny+2nd.

He publicly asked for a trade and that's what Mackenzie said they're looking for.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Drouin's slick, but he's not better than Turris, now or at the time Turris was traded. I'm not certain I'd really want him for what he would cost, to be honest (Pouliot + something...maybe a 2nd...and that's if the bolts even like Pouliot). He's a small guy who over-passes and is known for fanciness instead of size/speed/jam. We need more big or quick players that shoot hard or go to the net, not guys like Drouin.

Unless we were to trade one of Crosby or Malkin (which I'm not advocating), I don't see what good this guy does us. Wanting him for this team would be like wanting Mikael Granlund. He looks nice, but his game doesn't really involve anything the Pittsburgh Penguins need.

According to Bob Mackenzie, they want a top 6 forward and a pick (but not a first).

Perron/Horny+2nd.

He publicly asked for a trade and that's what Mackenzie said they're looking for.

If they would take David Perron, fine, but that's got more to do with Perron being useless than Drouin being useful to us.

Last edited:

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
I'm all for trading for Drouin, but I do wonder if coming here is good for him.

With the Penguins exemplary record of dealing with young talent and all....

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The value is okay, I think, but it comes down to if Tampa would do that, if Drouin is the type of player the Pens should be going after and if the Pens need Pouliot more.

Perron/Horny+2nd.

Cool, Kunitz + ANA 2nd. :laugh:

I'd do Perron + 2nd, then trade Kunitz... JR?

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Drouin's slick, but he's not better than Turris, now or at the time Turris was traded. I'm not certain I'd really want him for what he would cost, to be honest (Pouliot + something...maybe a 2nd...and that's if the bolts even like Pouliot). He's a small center who over-passes and is known for fanciness instead of size/speed/jam. We need more big or quick players that shoot hard or go to the net, not guys like Drouin.

Unless we were to trade one of Crosby or Malkin (which I'm not advocating), I don't see what good this guy does us. Wanting him for this team would be like wanting Mikael Granlund. He looks nice, but his game doesn't really involve anything the Pittsburgh Penguins need.

If they would take David Perron, fine, but that's got more to do with Perron being useless than Drouin being useful to us.

I tend to agree that we're better off targeting a different kind of player.

Steel Winning

Philling The Net
Aug 4, 2015
Maybe JR can spin Kunitz as a Legit top 6, the 2nd is very high, and Pouliot would just be gravy, lets get it done.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I would be tempted to move Perron for Drouin, but then again, that would basically mean Kunitz cemented in the top-6 until he retires. Is Drouin worth that? :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Perron/Horny+2nd.

Hornqvist and a 2nd for Drouin would be awful for us. There's no way Drouin brings back a top-6 forward and a pick, unless that top-6 forward is someone like Killorn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad