Drouin vs Nylander

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I want to see after this season, finally Drouin will be the guy. Last season he made Boyle and Flippe look like allstars.

But as now, Nylander...but then we have to consider his new contract next year, if he gets around 7, is he 1,5 mil better than Drouin

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Literally everything has pointed to Nylander being better so far in their respective careers. He has a much better chance at being a C, and he's a year younger.

Hold on to one great play though.

I guess this is the point of view if you cant look at the player objectively. Look at all the offense Drouin created last season there are plenty of youtube videos. Drouin is the reason its happening, its not the product of his teamates. Nylander benefited alot from his teamates, however to me that is also a skill. Nylander has phenomenal hockey sense and is really good at getting away from his check and getting lose in the weeds. Drouin lacks in that skill but his speed, tenacity and style of play is to create offense around him is really special.

Honestly they would probably be really incredible together as both their skill sets would compliment one another.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Stats aren't everything and the 1st half of the season he wasn't commited very much and then Babcock called him out and had a much better 2nd half of the season

Stats aren't everything but in this case they do prove the exact case I'm making lol

Also I watched almost every Leaf game last year, he looked 10x better on Matthews' wing

Mar 26, 2010
Willy Nylander is world class.

This is not even close.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Nylander. However, anyone who says AINEC is just being ridiculous.

Drouin has played in the league much longer, is known to have attitude problems, and his career high in points is 8 points fewer not even mentioning being a worse possession player.

They really shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence, it's insulting to Nylander.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Lol what have you done for me lately

Drouin is on another level

It's not just about recency bias. Its about the Leafs looking like a good team with potential after a decade of disappointment, and now we're witnessing some kind of ego-trip throughout a significant proportion of the Leaf fanbase. Particulalry over how magnificent and extraordinary their players are.

Edit: see post above, lol

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
It's not just about recency bias. Its about the Leafs looking like a good team with potential after a decade of disappointment, and now we're witnessing some kind of ego-trip throughout a significant proportion of the Leaf fanbase. Particulalry over how magnificent and extraordinary their players are.

Edit: see post above, lol

Yeah, a small part of me wants to see what they have been building absolutely implode just to leave the nonsense Leafs fans on these boards with absolutely nothing to say lol

Insulting to mention Nylander and Drouin in the same sentence hahaha priceless

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Yeah, a small part of me wants to see what they have been building absolutely implode just to leave the nonsense Leafs fans on these boards with absolutely nothing to say lol

Insulting to mention Nylander and Drouin in the same sentence hahaha priceless

I dont think theres a need to want that. That toronto team looks real good and it will be fun to see what they accomplish. Matthews Marner and Nylander are unreal players.

But I see what you mean lol

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016
Drouin is a very flashy and exciting player. But Nylander has just been better so far, simple as that.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Drouin has played in the league much longer, is known to have attitude problems, and his career high in points is 8 points fewer not even mentioning being a worse possession player.

They really shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence, it's insulting to Nylander.

That is incorrect. Drouin has not played "much" longer. And are you just not going to mention the fact that Drouin played with inferior players AND less games?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad