Drouin vs Nylander

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Tough one. I'll take Drouin by a hair - I feel like he'll struggle with consistency but when he's on he can take a game over like few can. His performance in the 15-16 playoffs vs the Penguins was unbelievable.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Tough one. I'll take Drouin by a hair - I feel like he'll struggle with consistency but when he's on he can take a game over like few can. His performance in the 15-16 playoffs vs the Penguins was unbelievable.

Nylander can do the same, and lots of players have great playoffs and never do it again. Also Nylander is 2 years younger I think and has more points than Drouin has ever had.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

I believe Nylander was the best possession forward on both teams (63% corsi) in his series against Washington and then he went on to win the MVP at the World Championships. It's pretty hard to say he can't step up and dominate when needed, plus he has the ability to be consistent

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Nylander can do the same, and lots of players have great playoffs and never do it again. Also Nylander is 2 years younger I think and has more points than Drouin has ever had.

Nylander is only 13 month younger. Drouin scored at a 60 point pace last year so he was 1 off Nylander's pace despite playing the majority of the season with Boyle, Killorn, Point, or Gourde.

Nylander is a game breaker for sure, but I've yet to see him reach the level I saw from Drouin a few years ago.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I believe Nylander was the best possession forward on both teams (63% corsi) in his series against Washington and then he went on to win the MVP at the World Championships. It's pretty hard to say he can't step up and dominate when needed, plus he has the ability to be consistent
I agree, which is why I never said that.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Nylander.

This highlight package highlights a lot of what Nylander was doing to the caps in the playoffs last year, and it carried over to the Worlds.

https://streamable.com/wn0mn

Drouin is more stylistically similar to Marner IMO but Marner is a better player than him as well. IMO Marner is the best of the 3(Drouin/Nylander).

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I think Willy will be the better player and may be now but I will say that Drouin looked a whole lot better playing with checkers and grinders than Nylander did...

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I think Willy will be the better player and may be now but I will say that Drouin looked a whole lot better playing with checkers and grinders than Nylander did...

Also, Nylander's first stint in the NHL he centered Parenteau, Greening and Hyman, and he looked very good.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
This is closer than the poll results are but ........... Toronto.

I still like Nylander more tho but Drouin is going to make his mark in Montreal and will outpoint Nylander this year.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
This is closer than the poll results are but ........... Toronto.

I still like Nylander more tho but Drouin is going to make his mark in Montreal and will outpoint Nylander this year.

If Nylander stick with Matthews the whole year I doubt that. Don't forget Drouin is now the primary target for the opponent. Let's see how he handles the pressure of playing in Montreal and being the go-to guy

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
They're both high potential guys but Nylander has shown more at this point in their careers. It's close, but I'd take Willy every single time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->