Value of: Drouin to Colorado

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I'm sure it would've helped if he was there during these games, but I would look at your top players stats during that sequence. They are a lot more impactful then Zadorov who averages 16:59 TOI this year.

Zadorov missed 10 games in December/January, and the Avs were 1-7-2. Over those 10 games, Mack had 11 points, Rantanen had 10, and Landy had 9. Yes, that's a little below their season PPG averages, but not enough to suggest that their poor play is to blame for the losses.

It's also worth noting that our goaltending went to crap while Z was out, which is either related to his absence, or just a weird coincidence.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
that terminology fit him perfectly when he wasn't in a slump. He doesn't play defense and he still thinks he's in junior and will stickhandle INTO traffic.

he also is uber lazy with backhanders and drop passes at the offensive blue line which usually end up going the other way.

saying that lazy doesnt characterise his play, you might want to make an appointment with your optometrist. If there is anyone more lazy than drouin, I'd be surprised.

The really sad thing about Drouin is that he DOES have the talent to be an elite player; he just doesn’t have the mindset for it. Not only is his effort inconsistent but he doesn’t have the humility and the self-awareness to examine his game, see where he needs to improve, and work on doing so, or even to listen to his coaches when they do all the work of analysis for him. He’s a superstar in his own mind and sees no need to put in the work required to become one in the real world. Such a disappointing, massive waste of natural ability.

Contrast that with the likes of Kucherov, who as one of the best players in the league still went and had artificial ice installed in his garage to allow him to practice at home, and you can see why the Lightning got rid of Drouin.

Reactions: Meeqs and Patagonia

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
The really sad thing about Drouin is that he DOES have the talent to be an elite player; he just doesn’t have the mindset for it. Not only is his effort inconsistent but he doesn’t have the humility and the self-awareness to examine his game, see where he needs to improve, and work on doing so, or even to listen to his coaches when they do all the work of analysis for him. He’s a superstar in his own mind and sees no need to put in the work required to become one in the real world. Such a disappointing, massive waste of natural ability.

Contrast that with the likes of Kucherov, who as one of the best players in the league still went and had artificial ice installed in his garage to allow him to practice at home, and you can see why the Lightning got rid of Drouin.

A very accurate description.

Maybe his ego changes playing with Mack, Crosby, Toews or McDavid? With the Sens pick already a Top 10, doubtful the AVs would be interested.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
He wont be a Hab next season.

I'm pretty sure he will be
Eventually the Habs and especially Bergevin will have to stop running away from these little problems and fix them
Get some help for him up front with more responsible talent and not 4th liners like he always does coming out with excuses that certain players cost too much, well ya you want something good in life go out and pay for it!

thepuckguru

Jan 6, 2017
Wouldn’t say Sergachev is even having a sophmore slump. We just don’t use our second power play unit at all anymore so his point totals have dropped a bit. Other than that his play has been pretty similar to last year in tougher minutes.

And when was the last time a guy with attitude issues actually succeeded in the NHL? Drouin, Deangelo, Ho sang, Sprong. Lot of decent players but none of them are worth all the problems they bring. Same will happen to Merkley.
Radulov

Reactions: Bag Headed Hab Fan

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
His value has taken a hit for sure but I still think he’s easily worth a 16th overall pick. I’d even add a bit as I still believe in him, most Avs fans seem to have soured on the idea though.
I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Montreal would rather keep him and hope he takes off in order to save face. Personally I think he needs a change of scenery and the Avs would be perfect imo.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Wouldn’t say Sergachev is even having a sophmore slump. We just don’t use our second power play unit at all anymore so his point totals have dropped a bit. Other than that his play has been pretty similar to last year in tougher minutes.

And when was the last time a guy with attitude issues actually succeeded in the NHL? Drouin, Deangelo, Ho sang, Sprong. Lot of decent players but none of them are worth all the problems they bring. Same will happen to Merkley.
Hey! None of that... :laugh:

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com

Athanasiou seems to be doing pretty well despite having “attitude issues”

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

I agree he will be apart of the team next year. But I disagree for your reason why. We’d be selling very low with how he’s played the last quarter of the this season. And there’s no doubt they’ll be shopping him if we can, but it’ll come down to the return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad