Value of: Drouin to Colorado

63 others

Mar 3, 2018
Jost and a small add? Im not a fan of drouin though. I would wait and see how jost develops

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
If MTL is looking to scapegoat him I wonder if a deal around him and Barrie with some pieces added to each side would make sense. MTL gets about the same offensive production back and get some serious help on their PP. As much as I love Weber, running the PP through his Slap shot hasn't been working.

At least for a base it would be interesting to talk about, that said IF MTL was going to move him. The Avs could certainly use a LW for the 2nd line that fits in with their window, so they would be interested and I feel like Barrie would be a great fit for a MTL team in CJs system that doesn't have a lot of Dmen with that skillset.

Last edited:

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Fans' opinion of him have changed since then though.
He won't go for cheap even though he's struggling. I rag on Drouin sometimes but I would rather hold on to him and give him more chances to succeed than give him away for cheap. The talent that got him drafted third overall is still there. The moment he puts it together the guy will become a star. The attitude issue is fixable.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
nobody wanted Drouin when we aquired him, and that included the team he was currently with.....i cant see why any other team would want him now, nothing has changed since we got him....he is a slacker, just like Tampa saw him, no hussle

I think at this point he is what he is, a top 6 LW whos production and contract matches that. While I don't think he is going to magically become a star he is a useful player and there would be interest. The whole being Mackinnons good friend likely doesn't hurt either.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
nobody wanted Drouin when we aquired him, and that included the team he was currently with.....i cant see why any other team would want him now, nothing has changed since we got him....he is a slacker, just like Tampa saw him, no hussle

My main concern with him was he tried doing everything himself. He tried dekeing through all 5 guys on the ice at once. He played like he thought he was Datsyuk 2.0. Problem was Datsyuk knew when to pass, and when to break someone's ankles. Drouin never seemed to grasp what made him so special, and instead wants to be the end all be all (Judging by his play.). Don't want that on the team, was happy with the return we got for him. Even if he is having a sophomore slump.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
If MTL is looking to scapegoat him I wonder if a deal around him and Barrie with some pieces added to each side would make sense. MTL gets about the same offensive production back and get some serious help on their PP. As much as I love Weber, running the PP through his Slap shot hasn't been working.

At least for a base it would be interesting to talk about, that said IF MTL was going to move him. The Avs could certainly use a LW for the 2nd line that fits in with their window, so they would be interested and I feel like Barrie would be a great fit for a MTL team in CJs system that doesn't have a lot of Dmen with that skillset.

We have Weber and Petry already as well as Brook, Juulsen, and Fleury for RD. Zero interest in Barrie.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
My main concern with him was he tried doing everything himself. He tried dekeing through all 5 guys on the ice at once. He played like he thought he was Datsyuk 2.0. Problem was Datsyuk knew when to pass, and when to break someone's ankles. Drouin never seemed to grasp what made him so special, and instead wants to be the end all be all (Judging by his play.). Don't want that on the team, was happy with the return we got for him. Even if he is having a sophomore slump.

Wouldn’t say Sergachev is even having a sophmore slump. We just don’t use our second power play unit at all anymore so his point totals have dropped a bit. Other than that his play has been pretty similar to last year in tougher minutes.

And when was the last time a guy with attitude issues actually succeeded in the NHL? Drouin, Deangelo, Ho sang, Sprong. Lot of decent players but none of them are worth all the problems they bring. Same will happen to Merkley.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Barrie is a non-starter. We don’t need a RHD.

Something around Zadorov?

The + to Zadorov needs to be quite high. I’d say Colorado 1st + Zadorov is mostly the only thing I’d accept

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I wouldn't mind Drouin, but not sure if we have the right assets to bring him in as I don't overly want to add a first to Zadorov to bring Drouin back. Not to mention we'd need another LHD then.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
i might be in the minority but Drouin will be fine. Some player take longer to develop. Yes he's already 24 and his skill ceilling is pretty much set, but his skill is off the chart and just needs to work harder and figure out what he can and can't do. Maturity will fix that.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
montreal isn't trading drouin. he's at worst a streaky 60 pt winger who's not even in his prime yet. we're not trading him for barrie or zadorov or a late 1st. habs need offence as much as they need a LD. and romanov and brook are coming

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Drouin for a signed MacKinnon jersey.

Drouin is done. Contrary to other delusional Habs fans, Drouin will never change. You don't teach work ethic and determination. Drouin has none of that and will never. It's like asking if Gallagher will ever stop playing with intensity and balls. Never. So Drouin is the same.

Honestly, I'd ask for Jost + or Bowers + or 1st + signed hockey stick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad