Drooling over the “DDD line†popping out in 2015-16!

• Thread starter The Ugly Truth*
  • Start date

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Since Doaner does not play center, it really should be "list 4 wingers who could/should be in our Top 6 over Doan."

Boedker and Reider are obvious. Domi seems likely. The 4th is a question mark (Duclair, Gagner, perhaps a UFA like Frolik).

There is no way I put Reider ahead of Doan, not yet anyway. Domi hasn't even made the team yet, so no, I would not put him ahead of Doan. Why do posters think these rookies are going to come in and set the world on fire?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
There is no way I put Reider ahead of Doan, not yet anyway. Domi hasn't even made the team yet, so no, I would not put him ahead of Doan. Why do posters think these rookies are going to come in and set the world on fire?

I love doan but reider is better than doan is already. He has what 12 goals, and is one our best defensive forwards, and draws tons of penalties.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Reider has had a better season than Doan. I can't believe that's even a point of contention, but then again, look at whom I'm talking to. :shakehead

As for Domi, Maloney has stated point blank that if/when he makes the team, it will be in a Top 6 capacity. So I'm going with that.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I love doan but reider is better than doan is already. He has what 12 goals, and is one our best defensive forwards, and draws tons of penalties.

That's your opinion. I would still take Doan. This time next year I may not.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I line how this thread is talking about the future of the team, yet people are talking about present Doan. A lot people overly offended by saying Doan belongs on the 3rdline.

Reider has had a better season than Doan. I can't believe that's even a point of contention, but then again, look at whom I'm talking to. :shakehead

Sometimes I think Jakey and XX are actually the same person and he gets a kick out of playing us all against each other. :laugh:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

As for Domi, Maloney has stated point blank that if/when he makes the team, it will be in a Top 6 capacity. So I'm going with that.

Again, that's your opinion, I still take Doan, as it is right now, today.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
If Doan is fully recovered from his Zombie plague next year I could see him tearing it up as a second liner. If his play this year is what we see next year, Doan is best suited for 3rd line play, regardless of who we use to fill the top two lines.

The Ugly Truth*

Since Doaner does not play center, it really should be "list 4 wingers who could/should be in our Top 6 over Doan."

Boedker and Reider are obvious. Domi seems likely. The 4th is a question mark (Duclair, Gagner, perhaps a UFA like Frolik).

So how many of your list are on the 2014-15 Coyotes roster?

That Hall of Fame legend “UFA�
Aren't Domi and Duke in junior?
How about we wait to see some more consistency from Rieder before anointing him?
Isn't Frolik in Winnipeg right now?

So where are all of these all star Coyote forwards that Doan is stealing ice time from this year?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
So how many of your list are on the 2014-15 Coyotes roster?

That Hall of Fame legend “UFA”?

Don't know whom this is a reference to. If you mean Boedker, he is an RFA, and it's been stated multiple times on various threads.

How about we wait to see some more consistency from Rieder before anointing him?

Reider is averaging nearly 17 mins/game, including 14:00 of 5v5 icetime. That's solid 2nd line minutes in his rookie season. Tippett's "anointing" him already.

Aren't Domi and Duclair in Jr.

Maloney expects them to make a strong run at the team in camp. Of course there are no guarantees, but again at least in the case of Domi Maloney in no uncertain terms has stated when he makes the team, it will be in a Top 6 role.

So where are all of these all star Coyote forwards that Doan is stealing ice time from this year?

I don't know why the context is this year. We're talking about next year, where Doan is only getting older and slower. It's not criminal to suggest that his 5v5 minutes be limited both to preserve his overall effectiveness as well as create opportunities for the up-and-comers.

The Ugly Truth*

Don't know whom this is a reference to. If you mean Boedker, he is an RFA, and it's been stated multiple times on various threads.*

Reider is averaging nearly 17 mins/game, including 14:00 of 5v5 icetime. That's solid 2nd line minutes in his rookie season. Tippett's "anointing" him already.

Maloney expects them to make a strong run at the team in camp. Of course there are no guarantees, but again at least in the case of Domi Maloney in no uncertain terms has stated when he makes the team, it will be in a Top 6 role.

I don't know why the context is this year. We're talking about next year, where Doan is only getting older and slower. It's not criminal to suggest that his 5v5 minutes be limited both to preserve his overall effectiveness as well as create opportunities for the up-and-comers.

You posted earlier in the thread that Doan could be replaced by a UFA like Frolik.

Rieder has barely started his career. I'll reserve judgment on him until the end of the 2015–16 season. He may be the real thing, but I've seen too many sophomore jinxes strike players and they end up being nothing more than a flash in the pan.

It's funny what you say about Tippet because I really don't think he's a good coach for young players. Hopefully, Rieder doesn't get screwed the way that Couturier has been in Philadelphia.

Until a prospect has survived an NHL training camp + actually made the team and are able to stick with the team playing against real NHL competition they're just prospects. Duke at least was - surprisingly - able to make the Rangers this year out of training camp and probably would've been up for the entire season had their coaching staff not made the decision that unless he was going to be playing in the top six he would be sent down. Once their injury situation at the beginning of the year got better, it was felt that he would develop faster playing regularly in Junior. This ended up backfiring on them because I think Duke got ticked off about being sent down and did not have the year he was expected to have back in Junior.

Domi has yet to make an NHL team out of training camp and despite his talent and how good everyone thinks he is, he still has to actually PROVE he can make the team. One thing about the NHL is that there's always someone around the corner that's hungry and ready to take your job. A lot of the time highly touted players seem to think things should be handed to them on a silver platter. They think they don't have to compete for the position and the next thing you know it their career is over.

I was talking about this year specifically because of the post below stating that Doan "deserves" third line minutes. The reality is that unless they've got better players on the team right NOW, he "deserves" as many minutes as his position on the Coyotes' forward depth chart warrants.

Doan is garbage. He deserves 3rd line minutes tops. Even then, he'll only show up four months into the season. So tired of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad