Drooling over the “DDD line†popping out in 2015-16!

• Thread starter The Ugly Truth*
  • Start date

The Ugly Truth*

Doan, Domi, Duclair. The 2015 World Juniors gave us a tease of what's to come, flashing viewers glimpses of jiggly playmaking, firm skill and luscious speed. The titillation will continue in 2015-16 with the arrival of Domi and Duclair. Can't wait to see them!

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Doan, Domi, Duclair. The 2015 World Juniors gave us a tease of what's to come, flashing viewers glimpses of jiggly playmaking, firm skill and luscious speed. The titillation will continue in 2015-16 with the arrival of Domi and Duclair. Can't wait to see them!

One of these is not like the others, haha.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Domi, Dvorak, Duclair. In a rare world where all our offensive prospects pan out.

Yeah, I was thinking more along those lines as well when it came to a Triple D line. And then we'd draft Konecny or Boeser along with McEichel:

Perlini - McEichel - Konecny/Boeser
Domi - Dvorak - Duclair

One can still dream.

The Ugly Truth*

Domi, Dvorak, Duclair. In a rare world where all our offensive prospects pan out.

Can't have three rookies on the same line. Plus Coyotes need Doan on the ice to force Domi to stop his dipsy doodling all the time.

Dahlbeck looks to have been a steal in the Vermette trade.

I think McDavid goes to Arizona to stabilize the franchise + Bettman's desire to expand fanbase in the West. Buffalo gets Eichel, Oilers pick Hanifin, Toronto pick Strome and Carolina gets Crouse. 2015 draft might be the deepest 1st round since 2003.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Can't have three rookies on the same line. Plus Coyotes need Doan on the ice to force Domi to stop his dipsy doodling all the time.

Dahlbeck looks to have been a steal in the Vermette trade.

I think McDavid goes to Arizona to stabilize the franchise + Bettman's desire to expand fanbase in the West. Buffalo gets Eichel, Oilers pick Hanifin, Toronto pick Strome and Carolina gets Crouse. 2015 draft might be the deepest 1st round since 2003.

The entire Vermette trade was absolute larceny.

The Ugly Truth*

2nd line of:

Left - Boedker
Center - McDavid
Right - either Gagner or Hanzal

The Ugly Truth*

Even though he's listed at center by some outlets he plays wing in London and likely will stay at wing in the nhl.

His shiftiness and playmaking abilities will translate better as center. I also don't think with his size board play/grinding on the wing will work for him in the NHL.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
His shiftiness and playmaking abilities will translate better as center. I also don't think with his size board play/grinding on the wing will work for him in the NHL.

Agreed on the first sentence even though I think he'll still play wing. He's short but he's very strong, and has a very quick and sneaky stick, I think he'll be ok along the boards.

The Ugly Truth*

Agreed on the first sentence even though I think he'll still play wing. He's short but he's very strong, and has a very quick and sneaky stick, I think he'll be ok along the boards.

We'll see in 6 months. The difference between junior and the NHL is huge, though - I think an 82 game season in the NHL playing his style on the wing would wear him out fairly quickly.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Doan is garbage. He deserves 3rd line minutes tops. Even then, he'll only show up four months into the season. So tired of him.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Doan is garbage. He deserves 3rd line minutes tops. Even then, he'll only show up four months into the season. So tired of him.

Doan is not garbage, on this team he is a second liner, on a cup contender a third liner. Doan still shows up on most nights, something some players younger than him should take notice. He can no longer put a team on his shoulders like he did a few years back, time for someone younger to step up.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

He shows up. His lack of success never seems to be due to a lack of effort.

The Ugly Truth*

Buffalo's Pefect Storm

Yea, too bad Buffalo has other plans. Reinhart might be all that AND a bag of chips, but he's Buffalo's bag of chips.

Reinhart could be expendable if the Perfect Storm hits Buffalo:

Islanders lose final 3 games.
Ottawa win final 3 games (including in OT to Penguins on Tuesday)... but today's loss to the putrid Leafs was HUGE.
Detroit get at least 4 out of 6 possible remaining points.
Pittsburgh get at least 4 out of 6 possible remaining points.
Islanders miss playoffs despite getting 98 points - which would probably be a record for the highest point total for any non-playoff team.
Despite having only a 1% chance as the highest placed non-playoff team, Islanders win the draft lottery.
Garth Snow goes into hiding.
Buffalo picks McDavid 1st and Eichel 2nd, instantly creating another Crosby/Malkin monster to terrorize the hapless Eastern Conference for the next decade.

The True McEichel
:m-cool:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad