drinking in the locker room?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
In my part of the world it depends on the rink. Most of the public-owned rinks have banned the practice. All the private rinks I play at allow it and there is no effort to hide it.

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
My buddy and I used to drink a pitcher before playing pick-up hockey. It was fun playing with a minor buzz.

I remember our goalie used to bring in a 30 rack for one of my beer leagues. I never really drank anything unless he randomly threw me a beer in which case I would take a few sips.

I just didn't see the point in having a beer when I was going directly home to sleep after the game. I probably would've been more inclined to have a couple before the game, but he was always keen on sharing his beers after the game.
I could never sleep right after game. Too wired. Needed beers and cheeba. Even then take at least a few hours before sleep even an option. Even after a late game. Always pub or after game get-together somewhere.

Reactions: Peachkings1922

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I know i am bumping an old thread comment, and this comment was from 2011, but a few years before this, about 2005, i played at a quad rink complex in Montreal for a tournament, and not only could you drink in the locker room, they had a waitress come in and take your order.

what changed?

Im from Quebec, and in the time (2005ish), I'd sometimes go see my dad play in his beer league.

It was exactly as you describe. Waitress came in the room and brought the beer - lots of beer. That smell of gear/sweat + locker room + beer is ingrained in my mind

They probably made a ton of money from that service lol

Idk if they still do though, it definitely doesnt seem as common

gswift

Mar 27, 2013
The local Canlan rinks here offer drink service after games, a waitress will come to the dressing room at the end of the game and sell beers. They also have a bar/pub upstairs.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
The local Canlan rinks here offer drink service after games, a waitress will come to the dressing room at the end of the game and sell beers. They also have a bar/pub upstairs.
They have the same service in Pierrefonds arena (West of Montreal), why not, beer tastes best after a hard fought old-timers game :)

Reactions: gswift

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
A waitress? Or do you mean a waiter? Feel bad if some poor girl has to go into a locker room of middle age men half/fully naked to take drink orders...

gswift

Mar 27, 2013
A waitress? Or do you mean a waiter? Feel bad if some poor girl has to go into a locker room of middle age men half/fully naked to take drink orders...
Nope, waitress will stand outside the locker room door as the team leaving the ice begins to enter, take orders, give drinks, collect monies & their job is done there...then we'll see em upstairs afterwards...

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Nope, waitress will stand outside the locker room door as the team leaving the ice begins to enter, take orders, give drinks, collect monies & their job is done there...then we'll see em upstairs afterwards...
Oh ok, i thought she was coming in serving the drinks in there haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad