Post-Game Talk: Driedger leaves early with injury and Montembeault closes out a 4-3 nail-biter against the Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Stillman is quickly becoming very good. I thought we were great defensively tonight until things just kind of went tits up in the last ten minutes. They also got two power play goals and one of them was a gift PP.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
It takes time to change mindsets, like Florida has been great this year against bad teams but traditionally has sucked
Trust me I've followed this team long enough to know that. This particular team hasn't shown any of that though and we haven't played overtime since like the 20th game of the season so idk i dont think a lot of the usual Panthers clichés can apply to this Q-coached team.

In other news, Carolina gives up one late to Columbus and loses in regulation. Toronto loses in OT and Montreal helps us by d*** slapping Philly back to reality.
Thanks for the help boys.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Why we worrying about CBJ, PHI.
Let's aim for a top 3 Atlantic spot and bump TOR to the WC spot.
I'd bet TOR will have a tougher time keeping afloat over PHI and CBJ who have better defense.

Definitely, but just covering all the bases. Now 2 pts behind the leafs with 2 games ijn hand, yeah we can take them. I also want us to finish 6th or 7th in the conference if possible, not just settle for making the playoffs because we got a divisional seed.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
You guys watching scoreboard believing that we got "help" tonight are hilarious.

When are you going to realize that it doesn't have any impact on us!?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

Of course, when we finally have a goalie that's playing .900+ hockey :(

On the bright side, we played well with terrible goaltending all season, so it won't be like we're going from prime Bob...to 2019 Bob

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
An Hfer could be in net vs Det and they would win and Bob has been fine lately, I am confident Florida can go 2-1 to finish the 1st half, and then Weegs is back.

Reactions: Boothinator

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Wasn't going to make this, even if the Kings got one by, but 3 unanswered all in the 3rd to make it a 1 goal game?

Deflected shot, not much Monty could do there. I thought Math covered Kopitar well enough, Huby has Doughty at point, Acciari other d-man, Ek should have been the one on Toffoli and Barky on Iafallo, but Barky covered Toffoli instead and Ek left Iafallo to give crease support....boom Iafallo tips it.

PP, Vatrano leaves the box formation, two Kings in front of the net, Math is covering one of them, Ek decides to cover the other point man leaving Carter all alone to screen Monty.

Another PP, Math gets beat by #74 Prokhorkin, Monty/Ek stop him, but Math leaves Kopitar alone on the side with a wide open net and was even in Monty's way (not that Monty would have got there on time anyway).

Can't blame Monty for these and this isn't strictly a Bob problem IMO.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
You guys watching scoreboard believing that we got "help" tonight are hilarious.

When are you going to realize that it doesn't have any impact on us!?
Well it works like this. There is a point system in the NHL. When you win, you get 2. When you lose in regulation, you get 0. When you lose after regulation, you get 1. So when you say there is no impact to other teams losing around us, its just wrong. These losses for those teams tonight could be the difference between getting in or not regardless of how early it is. If Philly has 96 points when we have 97 because they lost today to Montreal then who cares which game was the "true" back breaker

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Wasn't going to make this, even if the Kings got one by, but 3 unanswered all in the 3rd to make it a 1 goal game?

Deflected shot, not much Monty could do there. I thought Math covered Kopitar well enough, Huby has Doughty at point, Acciari other d-man, Ek should have been the one on Toffoli and Barky on Iafallo, but Barky covered Toffoli instead and Ek left Iafallo to give crease support....boom Iafallo tips it.

PP, Vatrano leaves the box formation, two Kings in front of the net, Math is covering one of them, Ek decides to cover the other point man leaving Carter all alone to screen Monty.

Another PP, Math gets beat by #74 Prokhorkin, Monty/Ek stop him, but Math leaves Kopitar alone on the side with a wide open net and was even in Monty's way (not that Monty would have got there on time anyway).

Can't blame Monty for these and this isn't strictly a Bob problem IMO.

Monty has to have the second one. His positioning Was aweful. Dreidger makes
Those saves time and time
Again. He’s not even squared or centered to where the shot actually comes from. Other than that he was fine and made
Some good saves atthe end to secure the win

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Monty has to have the second one. His positioning Was aweful. Dreidger makes
Those saves time and time
Again. He’s not even squared or centered to where the shot actually comes from. Other than that he was fine and made
Some good saves atthe end to secure the win
It's not an impossible save to make, but if you can't see where the shot/puck is coming from, it no longer becomes a routine save and I can't see how you can fault just the goalie. There was heavy traffic (at least 3-4 bodies) but that is irrelevant, all it could take is one guy from either team to take away a goalie's eyesight and the puck might end up finding its way through or might not. Driegs has been good (especially not giving up rebounds), but he's given up that kind of goal before too.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
It's not an impossible save to make, but if you can't see where the shot/puck is coming from, it no longer becomes a routine save and I can't see how you can fault just the goalie. There was heavy traffic (at least 3-4 bodies) but that is irrelevant, all it could take is one guy from either team to take away a goalie's eyesight and the puck might end up finding its way through or might not. Driegs has been good (especially not giving up rebounds), but he's given up that kind of goal before too.
Because it’s yet another wrister from the point. I’m sick of goalies taking no blame cause they are screened. It’s literally their job to track the puck screens are gonna happen and if your in proper position the puck should find u. Especially on the pp the goalie has to make the save. If all your giving up on the pp is a wrister from the blue line u need your goalie to do something. Not a big deal tonight but those r the kinds of goals bob was letting up a couple times a game that sunk us.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
We give opponents too much space and time. They have all the time in the world to pick where to shoot the puck. We need our wingers pressuring them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad