Post-Game Talk: Driedger leaves early with injury and Montembeault closes out a 4-3 nail-biter against the Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Feb is complete slog so let Judge play until Bob is 100%, then pray

And it's not like the Panthers have a tough schedule before the break:
Los Angeles, Detroit, Minnesota, and Chicago.

The Minnesota and Chicago is a back-to-back, Monday and Tuesday. If Bob is still out I wonder if we will see Monty one of those games?

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
I feel confident in Driedger and Montembeault and I really don't think we need to rush Bob. Let him get healthy, we'll need him for february and the first round of the playoffs!

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
And it's not like the Panthers have a tough schedule before the break:
Los Angeles, Detroit, Minnesota, and Chicago.

The Minnesota and Chicago is a back-to-back, Monday and Tuesday. If Bob is still out I wonder if we will see Monty one of those games?

Sorry there is no easy or tough shedule, you can win any Game you can loose any Game. Sometimes one crazy Bounce, or a Blackout turnover and down by one.
But aslong Driedger has some good nights in him everything is alright and if Monty gets one Game, we can see how much the short AHL time helped him to get more confidence into his Game.

So loosing Bob is always bad. Minnesota or Chicago is no easy team to play against, Kane and Toews still in top form and can score some scary Goals. LA and Detroit can play as they like, they have nothing to loose, no one expect anything from them.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
So I wanted at least 100 points this year. Thats a 24-13 record starting tomorrow.

Looking at the schedule, it honestly is doable. Plus this is the time that we usually start playing better for who knows why.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
So I wanted at least 100 points this year. Thats a 24-13 record starting tomorrow.

Looking at the schedule, it honestly is doable. Plus this is the time that we usually start playing better for who knows why.
The hard part isn't even the schedule, just the sheer amount of games. 17 games in 30 days, including many occasions where Florida is on the 2nd of a b2b against a fresh team.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
The hard part isn't even the schedule, just the sheer amount of games. 17 games in 30 days, including many occasions where Florida is on the 2nd of a b2b against a fresh team.

yeah but I don't think the amount of games should be an excuse. we started the year with a sparse schedule and our team is relatively healthy. Plus we also have the all-star break coming up to give some rest before that stretch in Feb. There really should be no excuses about being tired.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Even after giving up 4 to Toronto. Dreidger still has a .931 sv %, 2.40 gaa, and is 5-2 in his 7 starts. I’m fine with him against la and Detroit, just hope the team shows up for these types of games.

btw, what happened to weegar? I know he’s been out but from what and why is it taking so long?

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Even after giving up 4 to Toronto. Dreidger still has a .931 sv %, 2.40 gaa, and is 5-2 in his 7 starts. I’m fine with him against la and Detroit, just hope the team shows up for these types of games.

btw, what happened to weegar? I know he’s been out but from what and why is it taking so long?
Sounds like concussion issues.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I’m fine with dredger and actually am more comfortable with him as he does t have the upside but also doesn’t let in the stinkers from distance like bob. Much better at tracking point shots thru traffic and not overplaying his angles . His numbers are deservedly better than bobs for a reason and it isn’t entirely or even mostly on the defense

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I’m fine with dredger and actually am more comfortable with him as he does t have the upside but also doesn’t let in the stinkers from distance like bob. Much better at tracking point shots thru traffic and not overplaying his angles . His numbers are deservedly better than bobs for a reason and it isn’t entirely or even mostly on the defense

Aren’t you getting tired of saying the same bullshit every game?

Reactions: austropanther

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
If Bob is out they really should split these two starts, give LA to Driedger and Detroit to Monty. There's ZERO reason we should be losing both games no matter who is in net. These are two must wins.

Reactions: harv33173

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
I'm not as worried about the B2Bs going down the road, I feel like we've won almost all of the B2Bs we've had so far. We'll see but I'm really not super worried going forward.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
You guys are funny. Or competition keeps winning, leaving us stuck with the dreaded "games in hand". You know as well as I do the Panthers are going to lose, because Panthers!

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
The toughest game coming up is Chicago, and if we cant win that game for Q, thats f***ing garbage.

So in my opinion, we shouldn't lose till AT LEAST we play the Leafs on February 3rd. Any other result is a colossal failure.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
The toughest game coming up is Chicago, and if we cant win that game for Q, thats ****ing garbage.

So in my opinion, we shouldn't lose till AT LEAST we play the Leafs on February 3rd. Any other result is a colossal failure.
I agree with Chicago being the toughest game coming up.

I look at it like our game recently in Columbus, Bob's return. Chicago, who's having a tough season, with many of Q's former players, look to this game to be one of their most important of the season, like they're Super Bowl.

As much as I think the Blackhawks are going to be kean to get a win, I would think Q has these Panthers ready to play and they don't want to let their coach down.

Reactions: harv33173
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad