Drew Shore

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
One name I heard that’s a little off the beaten path, it’s an interesting name, is Drew Shore, a center in the Florida organization. He’s 23 years old. He’s playing in the American Hockey League. Once he plays two more games, he’s going to need waivers to go back up and down. I heard there were a number of teams scouting him in San Antonio over the last couple of weeks. So he’s a young center. The Panthers have two young centers already in Barkov and Bjugstad. Then they need their veterans. He’s interesting because there’s some teams that think he can play at the next level. He’s just kind of stuck there. I think he’s a guy some teams are looking at.

^ That's Friedman. Do people want to see him get a shot at wing at training camp or moved now for a (likely) minimal return?

CoolburnIsGone

^ That's Friedman. Do people want to see him get a shot at wing at training camp or moved now for a (likely) minimal return?
Or neither is an option. I think he doesnt get moved now and probably gets traded near/at the draft (reminds me a bit of the situation with Linden Vey who was traded right before the draft for a 2nd rounder). No reason to move him now unless we end up with a good return that addresses a need.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I'm probably in the minority but I would like to see trocheck sent down and shore up for the remainder of the year and tried on wing... he's had good chemistry with hubs before and we can see what we have with him going forward...

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
I'm probably in the minority but I would like to see trocheck sent down and shore up for the remainder of the year and tried on wing... he's had good chemistry with hubs before and we can see what we have with him going forward...

yeah, and keep pirri as healthy scratch?

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

The only reason why Shore isn't up with the big club is because he will become waiver eligible after two games in the nhl. And I don't see the situation changing unless they start trading some of the pending UFAs.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I know ofor his waiver situation... u can keep him up all year and see how he handles playing wing so we know what our options r next year... trocheck can go to ahl for rest of year for further development since he's basically done nothing lately anyway and can continue to work on his game....scratch whoever isn't going or giving a consistent effort as they have been... I think shore will help this team more than tro for the remainder of season anyway

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
He is better served continuing his offensive development in the AHL and learning to be a prime leader for the Rampage, rather than sitting here in the pressbox (like Tro/Pirri/Hayes) every other game or two and risk getting "Grabnered" for nothing.

If we make the playoffs, Drew is a solid option in case we get hit hard with injuries, so no pressure to trade him unless he himself demands one.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Drew's brother Nick is actually quite an offensive threat for Manchester. He's having a career year and I think he is 2nd in AHL scoring. I read an article where he was a pass first type of Center and then attended a Kings school on shooting the puck. Damned if it didn't work, as he has really lit the lamp this year. Drew could take a lesson from that. Nick has also hit the weight room and is quite a bit stronger this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad