Drew Shore

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
If anything, Trocheck is a far better player suited for the wing than Shore. Tro is a better skater but not as reliable defensively. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

EDIT-What sucks though is that he likely will not be called up at all this season because (I believe) his contract is only a 1-way, meaning he'd have to clear waivers on the way back down.

Yeah, he won't be called up this season.

I think both Tro and Shore could transition to the wing. Shore is a very intelligent player. He could do it. Maybe when MacKenzie is gone, then switch him back to center. I don't think him playing wing for a couple years would kill him.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Yeah, he won't be called up this season.

I think both Tro and Shore could transition to the wing. Shore is a very intelligent player. He could do it. Maybe when MacKenzie is gone, then switch him back to center. I don't think him playing wing for a couple years would kill him.

MacKenzie could probably play wing pretty easily. Maybe they can keep Shore at center and put MacKenzie on his wing.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I DO NOT want to trade Shore. I love the kid and he is a really great hockey player.

He has all the pieces. Size, skill, good skating, good offensive awareness and plays a strong defensive game. Players like him don't grow on trees. He's not going to stomp you with 80 point seasons, but Shore could easily turn into an EXTREMELY strong 2-way, 50 point guy for this team.

I see no reason to trade him. We will instantly regret it because no one will give us the value he's really worth, and wherever he goes he'll excel because he's an extremely well-rounded hockey player.
I agree 100%.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
If anything, Trocheck is a far better player suited for the wing than Shore. Tro is a better skater but not as reliable defensively. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

EDIT-What sucks though is that he likely will not be called up at all this season because (I believe) his contract is only a 1-way, meaning he'd have to clear waivers on the way back down.

He's on his ELC still, so he's on a 2-way deal.

1-way or 2-way deals do not determine waiver eligibility. 1 way means he gets paid his NHL salary in the AHL/NHL. 2 way contracts have different salaries for the players, depending o what league they are in. For Shore, his AHL salary is $67.5k and his NHL salary is $900k.
He's making over 800k(pre taxes/aent) less this year being stuck in the AHL.:amazed:

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
if you can trade him to acquire that goal scoring winger this team desperately needs, you do it in a heartbeat.

CoolburnIsGone

MacKenzie could probably play wing pretty easily. Maybe they can keep Shore at center and put MacKenzie on his wing.
Kinda pointless to move MacKenzie to wing if you ask me...he's among the top 50 in the entire league in terms of faceoff winning percentage at 54.6% and total faceoffs taken at 408. The smarter thing to do would be to move Shore to wing, if the team wants to keep him (which I kinda doubt at this point due to the signings of MacKenzie and Bolland).

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
DMac is the perfect 4C no way he should move. I'm still saying Bolland should be a winger. Put him up with Bjugs and Hubey. Would rather that than Tro shifting to wing.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I just don't see why everyone wants Bolland to move to the wing. He's not good at faceoffs but he's excellent defensively and I think his best spot is at center. I think Trocheck can be an excellent winger and a pest to play against (like Marchand but Trocheck isn't a POS) and I'd love to see him with Huberdeau and Bjugstad or next to Barkov. I'd much rather move Trocheck to the wing since he's not likely to get top minutes playing center, even if Bolland is moved to the wing.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
I just don't see why everyone wants Bolland to move to the wing. He's not good at faceoffs but he's excellent defensively and I think his best spot is at center. I think Trocheck can be an excellent winger and a pest to play against (like Marchand but Trocheck isn't a POS) and I'd love to see him with Huberdeau and Bjugstad or next to Barkov. I'd much rather move Trocheck to the wing since he's not likely to get top minutes playing center, even if Bolland is moved to the wing.

i see it like this; barkov is the defensive mastermind C and i think bolland could do wonders with hubey & bjugstad, securing up the defensive part of the game and also bring grit and power to the corners etc.

we need to even out our offensive creativity throughout our line-up and not just stick them all into one freaking line.

trocheck is not a top liner yet which is why i think he's fine as our third C. trocheck's best spot is obviously, so far as we know, also at C so if you can switch him you could also switch bolland.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
i see it like this; barkov is the defensive mastermind C and i think bolland could do wonders with hubey & bjugstad, securing up the defensive part of the game and also bring grit and power to the corners etc.

we need to even out our offensive creativity throughout our line-up and not just stick them all into one freaking line.

trocheck is not a top liner yet which is why i think he's fine as our third C. trocheck's best spot is obviously, so far as we know, also at C so if you can switch him you could also switch bolland.

I mean, it's possible that Bolland with Huberdeau and Bjugstad would work, but Trocheck is younger and has much more upside than Bolland, who has played his whole career at center and may find it tough to switch up his game at this point in his career. I'd really like to see Grimaldi with Huberdeau and Bjugstad and Trocheck with Pirri/Howden and Barkov next year. But we'll see.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
No he didnt.
Is that right? Just where do you get your information?

This quote from an article in the local newspaper. "At even strength, MacKenzie generally occupies the left wing on the fourth line, next to center Mark Letestu. That duo has combined for 10 goals in the past 13 games, in part, MacKenzie said, because the success of players higher up in the lineup has broadened the role of his line."

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...ackenzie-grinds-out-goals-on-fourth-line.html

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Is that right? Just where do you get your information?

This quote from an article in the local newspaper. "At even strength, MacKenzie generally occupies the left wing on the fourth line, next to center Mark Letestu. That duo has combined for 10 goals in the past 13 games, in part, MacKenzie said, because the success of players higher up in the lineup has broadened the role of his line."

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...ackenzie-grinds-out-goals-on-fourth-line.html

Out of the nearly 800 minutes he played last year, 658 of those minutes were at center.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
I mean, it's possible that Bolland with Huberdeau and Bjugstad would work, but Trocheck is younger and has much more upside than Bolland, who has played his whole career at center and may find it tough to switch up his game at this point in his career. I'd really like to see Grimaldi with Huberdeau and Bjugstad and Trocheck with Pirri/Howden and Barkov next year. But we'll see.

i see where you're coming from and i respect your answer. that top it was just the "i just don't see how people would wanna slot bolland there" i wanted to answer. :)

sure that would be great. that has to be the youngest top 6 ever in the nhl. :laugh:
we need some veteran prescene in out top six for sure. i don't think all our guys will make the jump to top minutes in the nhl from the ahl/scratched in the nhl but i'm sure some will.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Out of the nearly 800 minutes he played last year, 658 of those minutes were at center.
And just where was the regular 4th line center for the Jackets all that time?

The regular Centers are: Johansen, Dubinsky, Anisimov, and Letestu last season in that order. With each of those guys playing close to or over 1000 minutes at Center last season you really believe they were running 5 lines? Those NHL stats are based on the fact that Mac is classified as a Center but there's no way he played 600 minutes at Center as that just breaks down the time 5 on 5.

Last edited:

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
i see where you're coming from and i respect your answer. that top it was just the "i just don't see how people would wanna slot bolland there" i wanted to answer. :)

sure that would be great. that has to be the youngest top 6 ever in the nhl. :laugh:
we need some veteran prescene in out top six for sure. i don't think all our guys will make the jump to top minutes in the nhl from the ahl/scratched in the nhl but i'm sure some will.

They may be young but they'll have some decent experience. Huberdeau will already have played 2.5 seasons (and an additional year of juniors), Bjugstad will have completed 2 (and 3 years of college hockey), Barkov will have played about 1.5, Trocheck will hopefully have played the equivalent of a full season (with a couple of additional AHL/junior seasons). I wouldn't mind a veteran scorer on Barkov's line, but I think Bjugstad and Huberdeau could be very effective with someone like Grimaldi or Trocheck on that line.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
They may be young but they'll have some decent experience. Huberdeau will already have played 2.5 seasons (and an additional year of juniors), Bjugstad will have completed 2 (and 3 years of college hockey), Barkov will have played about 1.5, Trocheck will hopefully have played the equivalent of a full season (with a couple of additional AHL/junior seasons). I wouldn't mind a veteran scorer on Barkov's line, but I think Bjugstad and Huberdeau could be very effective with someone like Grimaldi or Trocheck on that line.

it's not a whole lot of experiance dude even tho you're trying to make it look like it.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Players will be traded and signed. I can't see us keeping all our young players. They will be used as trade bait for more experienced players. I mean, did any of us expect to sign two centres this offseason!

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Players will be traded and signed. I can't see us keeping all our young players. They will be used as trade bait for more experienced players. I mean, did any of us expect to sign two centres this offseason!

yeah this is true. :)

haha no. at least i didn't. :laugh:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

We have a lot of versatility. And to me, that's not necessarily a bad thing. A lot of these guys could switch positions. For example, Trocheck has played wing in international competition and excelled, and has the grit although not necessarily the size to do OK on the wing. Bolland could be a good winger too, although I like keeping him at center because he's so good defensively. But we have a lot of options, and I don't think moving some guys to wing is going to kill them. A lot of the top teams have natural centers who have converted to wing because the team is so stacked. Also, the majority of NHL forwards who were drafted as centers end up converting to wing. I think it's over 70% IIRC. There's only so many center spots to go around.

He's on his ELC still, so he's on a 2-way deal.

1-way or 2-way deals do not determine waiver eligibility. 1 way means he gets paid his NHL salary in the AHL/NHL. 2 way contracts have different salaries for the players, depending o what league they are in. For Shore, his AHL salary is $67.5k and his NHL salary is $900k.
He's making over 800k(pre taxes/aent) less this year being stuck in the AHL.:amazed:

It has to do with his professional games played. Once you hit a certain threshold, you become waiver eligible, regardless of the contract being 1-way o 2-way.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
We have a lot of versatility. And to me, that's not necessarily a bad thing. A lot of these guys could switch positions. For example, Trocheck has played wing in international competition and excelled, and has the grit although not necessarily the size to do OK on the wing. Bolland could be a good winger too, although I like keeping him at center because he's so good defensively. But we have a lot of options, and I don't think moving some guys to wing is going to kill them. A lot of the top teams have natural centers who have converted to wing because the team is so stacked. Also, the majority of NHL forwards who were drafted as centers end up converting to wing. I think it's over 70% IIRC. There's only so many center spots to go around.

It has to do with his professional games played. Once you hit a certain threshold, you become waiver eligible, regardless of the contract being 1-way o 2-way.

Yeah isn't Patrick Sharp a centre as well as a winger? Just one example off the top of my head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad