Drew Shore

Dabeast

Jun 13, 2014
South Florida
I always liked Shore especially when he played with Huberdeau during the lockout year. Now the team has a ton of center depth with top guys like Barkov and Bjugstad and and other guys like Trocheck, Pirri, Hawlryuk, Rau etc. So what do you think we should do with him.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
He could/should transfer to wing for next year and replace one of the veteran UFAs that are leaving.

If we're talking about trading him, Linden Vey for LA was in the same situation (good AHL numbers, some NHL games and stuck behind depth) last offseason and Canucks traded a 2nd round pick to get him. I'd expect nothing less.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I always liked Shore especially when he played with Huberdeau during the lockout year. Now the team has a ton of center depth with top guys like Barkov and Bjugstad and and other guys like Trocheck, Pirri, Hawlryuk, Rau etc. So what do you think we should do with him.

I'd like to trade him, considering the center spots will be filled by Barkov, Bjugstad, Bolland, and MacKenzie (I think Trocheck, Hawryluk, Rau, and Pirri will all end up primarily as winners who can fill in at center if someone gets hurt) but his value isn't enough to bring something worthwhile back.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I'd like to trade him, considering the center spots will be filled by Barkov, Bjugstad, Bolland, and MacKenzie (I think Trocheck, Hawryluk, Rau, and Pirri will all end up primarily as winners who can fill in at center if someone gets hurt) but his value isn't enough to bring something worthwhile back.

Now isn't the right time to trade Shore. He's a big part of SA's success this year, including a 7-game win streak. For once we have a minor league club with a chance to develop a winning culture. And considering the fact that all those guys you mentioned are going to go through the AHL, I wouldn't mess with the chemistry down there eventually. Let's keep it rolling. Winning is contagious.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Now isn't the right time to trade Shore. He's a big part of SA's success this year, including a 7-game win streak. For once we have a minor league club with a chance to develop a winning culture. And considering the fact that all those guys you mentioned are going to go through the AHL, I wouldn't mess with the chemistry down there eventually. Let's keep it rolling. Winning is contagious.

I'd only want to trade him if he was included in a deal that was worthwhile. Unfortunately, Shore doesn't have much value, so the best course of action this year is to keep him in San Antonio until next season.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
only reason shore hasn't been called up yet is because he is so close to being waiver eligible. I would guess if one of the Centers go down for the season, he would get the call over Trocheck.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Shore is on pace to shatter his career high (32pts in 50gp) in SA. 24pts in 24 games so far. 8g,16a.

I really want this guy on the Panthers squad sooner than later but he also must have some decent trade value if we decide to put a trade package together. What to do with this guy, what to do?

Rampage have cooled off lately but sit 6th in their conference.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
I keep thinking Shore and one of our defensive players/prospects to Edmonton for a winger makes some sense.

Question being which winger and which D.

As mentioned, if its not a package for a legit RW I'd much rather hold onto him.

CoolburnIsGone

I would move Bolland before any of those other guys to wing. I think I was wrong a ways back when I was thinking Bolland was good in the faceoff circle...which he's not historically or no. The way he plays too, he's best suited on the wing and I'm surprised no one has switched him yet. Keep Trocheck at center as he's good on faceoffs, decent defensively and has shown he can contribute offensively as a center.

As far as Shore goes, he's gonna be traded sooner or later. Its just a matter of time and getting proper value for him.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Shore is on pace to shatter his career high (32pts in 50gp) in SA. 24pts in 24 games so far. 8g,16a.

I really want this guy on the Panthers squad sooner than later but he also must have some decent trade value if we decide to put a trade package together. What to do with this guy, what to do?

I'm about to contradict myself, but bear with me. I'd prefer to trade him since he doesn't have a spot on the Panthers roster as a center for the next 3 years (when MacKenzie's contract is up) and he's also likely behind Trocheck in the organizational depth chart. RainingRats also noted that his game probably doesn't translate very well to the wing and is much more valuable as a center. But I don't think the rest of the league values him as highly as we do so the return, even if he's in a package, isn't likely to be that great. So I'd prefer to keep him and try him at wing next season.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I keep thinking Shore and one of our defensive players/prospects to Edmonton for a winger makes some sense.

Question being which winger and which D.

As mentioned, if its not a package for a legit RW I'd much rather hold onto him.

Shore+Petrovic for Yakupov? :sarcasm:

I'd even throw in Upshall since I'm such a nice guy.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

I hope so. Especially if they are still with the Panthers! ;)

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

I wish all of that translated to the NHL.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I'm about to contradict myself, but bear with me. I'd prefer to trade him since he doesn't have a spot on the Panthers roster as a center for the next 3 years (when MacKenzie's contract is up) and he's also likely behind Trocheck in the organizational depth chart. RainingRats also noted that his game probably doesn't translate very well to the wing and is much more valuable as a center. But I don't think the rest of the league values him as highly as we do so the return, even if he's in a package, isn't likely to be that great. So I'd prefer to keep him and try him at wing next season.

Shore has developed a pretty slick little offensive game and has a great motor along with better than average speed. I like Mac a lot and think he's the best 4th line C we've had in a long while. He is 33 and his $1.3M contract is not bad for the great effort he gives every game. The good part of his contract is he doesn't have a no trade clause and it's small enough to take back some or buy him out if they want to move Shore up to the Cats.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014

It's very difficult to get decent trade value from anyone playing in the AHL. Look at Pirri. He grabs the scoring title and it takes him and another player to get Versteeg (A player who was at the bottom of his game at the time). Shore needs to show he can do it over a season in the NHL before he has any trade value, and even at that he could turn into a Santorelli who has a good year in the NHL once every 4 or 5 years.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
It's very difficult to get decent trade value from anyone playing in the AHL. Look at Pirri. He grabs the scoring title and it takes him and another player to get Versteeg (A player who was at the bottom of his game at the time). Shore needs to show he can do it over a season in the NHL before he has any trade value, and even at that he could turn into a Santorelli who has a good year in the NHL once every 4 or 5 years.

we got hayes & olsen for versteeg bruh

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
That highlights how little we might get for Shore though. Pirri had much more value and fanfare, and he still only went for a 3rd and a 5th. Shore wouldn't return much. He has to produce in the NHL first before he has any real value. Let him fight for a winger spot next camp. He'll probably make it. Even though he's probably better at center, I think he's smart and versatile enough to do OK on the wing too. After a full season from him, assess from there.

Let all of Bergy, Kopecky, Uppy, and Flash go. I'll be pissed if any of them are brought back.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
I always get that confused. I see he was traded for a 3rd and a 5th. Still not much for the leading scorer in the AHL.

nope not at all especially since he's quite young too.
i can imagine tallon doing some kind of a deal with bowman that he could get pirri on sale if versteeg was any good or something. pure fiction and speculation from my side however.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

I DO NOT want to trade Shore. I love the kid and he is a really great hockey player.

He has all the pieces. Size, skill, good skating, good offensive awareness and plays a strong defensive game. Players like him don't grow on trees. He's not going to stomp you with 80 point seasons, but Shore could easily turn into an EXTREMELY strong 2-way, 50 point guy for this team.

I see no reason to trade him. We will instantly regret it because no one will give us the value he's really worth, and wherever he goes he'll excel because he's an extremely well-rounded hockey player.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I DO NOT want to trade Shore. I love the kid and he is a really great hockey player.

He has all the pieces. Size, skill, good skating, good offensive awareness and plays a strong defensive game. Players like him don't grow on trees. He's not going to stomp you with 80 point seasons, but Shore could easily turn into an EXTREMELY strong 2-way, 50 point guy for this team.

I see no reason to trade him. We will instantly regret it because no one will give us the value he's really worth, and wherever he goes he'll excel because he's an extremely well-rounded hockey player.

I hope you're right. He's certainly making a case to be on the Panthers with his play in the AHL this year.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
If anything, Trocheck is a far better player suited for the wing than Shore. Tro is a better skater but not as reliable defensively. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

EDIT-What sucks though is that he likely will not be called up at all this season because (I believe) his contract is only a 1-way, meaning he'd have to clear waivers on the way back down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad