Value of: Drew Doughty with 3 mil retained!

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I did not violate parameters of the thread
I included DD as part of a package

Oh yes you did, the question was Doughty's value, not how to unload PLD or package him.
The point of this thread is getting rid of Doughty's salary.
He is still a great defender but no use for the Kings who cruise right towards the next rebuild.
Byfield and Clarke are the centerpiece of this rebuild, just to answer follow up questions.

All of your future proposals DO NOT have to include either of them, i hope that makes sense now

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
you want a signif return from Rs, you make it worth my while in the currency I want to earn my endorsement
at present that is Byfield or no deal
I told you several times now that i don't see a deal with the Rangers and you should stop proposing.
You should stick with what you are saying, Byfield or no deal.
There will be no Byfield, so please stop any proposals

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
assuming everybody waives

Zib + bread
for
PLD + DD +Byfield [non neg.]
Absolutely atrocious.

disagree, more risk on players coming to Rs than other way

also Zib is less decline than temporary funk
play has picked up
it is less a discussion bout Zib in decline and more of a search to answer
why is it sometimes Kreider + zib click, other times no chemistry?
Do they need
a RW who clicks?
a pivot and move RS Zib to RW?
to repurpose Zib in a deal?
Answer: what is most productive long term?

Shesty back in Vez form
happy to think long term
no Zib to LA, DD to NY

Shesty + Zib to Leafs
for
Nylander + Liljigren

Rs then flip Nyl + Lil for Sanderson +

----------

bread + cap dump Leshitshow
for
PLD + Roy + Byfield [again, non freakin negotiable]

hurts Kings as to long term pivot depth
but immediate help first line W
STRUCTURAL cap relief [long term dump pld for 2 extra seasons of AP]

in any event ZERO reason even think about this much risk and cost w'o Byfield

I'm the one proposing, YOU'RE the one with an unsubstantiated comment.
If you want to critique, that is fine
BACK IT UP W/OBJECTIVE ANALYSIS
if you can't, or won't
stuff it
Stahp

Reactions: Mrfenn92

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Oh yes you did, the question was Doughty's value, not how to unload PLD or package him.
The point of this thread is getting rid of Doughty's salary.
He is still a great defender but no use for the Kings who cruise right towards the next rebuild.
Byfield and Clarke are the centerpiece of this rebuild, just to answer follow up questions.

All of your future proposals DO NOT have to include either of them, i hope that makes sense now
unless a scenario such as DD to ANA or one of handful w/exceptional cap, any prop to keep high salary -- whether it is DD, PLD, or any other large # -- is gonna require not only some salary for cap balance, but ALSO signif inducement to take on big # salary.

For me, that can only be Byfield
As long as I am clarifying that in context, which I have, I am within acceptable parameters as to IMO, which to each of us has a right.

I am not pushing back on your right to disagree, or to say you have other options, such as buying out a big salary, or some other trade.
As I am respecting your right to your positions,
so should you respect my right to mine.

Do what you want/go your own way.
if that path crosses w/nyr, then you know what must be involved.

Absolutely atrocious.

Stahp
sez you

and

no

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
unless a scenario such as DD to ANA or one of handful w/exceptional cap, any prop to keep high salary -- whether it is DD, PLD, or any other large # -- is gonna require not only some salary for cap balance, but ALSO signif inducement to take on big # salary.

For me, that can only be Byfield
As long as I am clarifying that in context, which I have, I am within acceptable parameters as to IMO, which to each of us has a right.

I am not pushing back on your right to disagree, or to say you have other options, such as buying out a big salary, or some other trade.
As I am respecting your right to your positions,
so should you respect my right to mine.

Do what you want/go your own way.
if that path crosses w/nyr, then you know what must be involved.

sez you

and

no

We're not trading Byfield so stop asking lol

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Kings fans would do that?
King's will have some choices to make next year with the salary cap. It's quite possible, moving Doughty makes the team better in the long run.

Unfortunately, it's likely GM Rob Blake doesn't have the authority to move anything more valuable than a 4th rounder at this point.

Reactions: LeafChief

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings fans would do that?
No chance. Maybe if those were the incidental pieces coming back to make the cap work, but two UFAs for Doughty doesn't make any sense. A hypothetical Doughty trade likely means that Rob Blake was fired, a new GM was hired, and the new GM was given the green light to rebuild for real. In that case, getting back Bertuzzi and Brodie plus some other pieces makes some sense if LA is also planning to flip those two.

That's not very likely to happen.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Doughty has a 7 team trade list and has no reported desire to leave LA. So the teams in the running would have to meet the dual criteria of a top end contender and a desirable landing spot as he has his cups and another 3 years after this on his contract. Sorry but that leaves most teams out. I’m guessing his trade list is something like Toronto, NYR, Dallas, TB, Florida , Colorado, LV, Boston, maybe add 1 or 2 spots, but most markets won’t even be considered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad