Value of: Drew Doughty with 3 mil retained!

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Obviously he has to want out for this to happen due to NTC. 11 million is a ton of cheese but with three million retained over the next 3 years and the cap going up that puts him in line. His offensive numbers are not elite but he is every bit of a top pairing guy and can log the minutes and if paired with a super offensive guy he could anchor the first pair and chip in.

Gotta think price starts with a first and you guys tell me what the plus is…

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
4 years at 11 mill. No way would I move a 1st for a contact that's guaranteed to be a cap dump

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
4 years at 11 mill. No way would I move a 1st for a contact that's guaranteed to be a cap dump
It's 3yrs and a bit at 8M based on thread title.

Doesn't work for Oilers since we need all the cap space to extend Drai and McD in a couple yrs but he would be an ideal upgrade over Ceci.

And the whole LA being in the same division thing.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Doughty to Winnipeg in the reverse PLD

- Schmidt (Iafallo)
- Heinola (Vilardi)
- Gustafsson (Kupari)
- 2025 1st Round Pick (2024 MTL 2nd round pick)

• Haha
Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Obviously he has to want out for this to happen due to NTC. 11 million is a ton of cheese but with three million retained over the next 3 years and the cap going up that puts him in line. His offensive numbers are not elite but he is every bit of a top pairing guy and can log the minutes and if paired with a super offensive guy he could anchor the first pair and chip in.

Gotta think price starts with a first and you guys tell me what the plus is…

What team is retaining on 4 years of contract??? Especially one in the playoff fight and is a huge part of their 2 Cup wins?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
doughty02132024.jpg

3 Years left on his deal after this season.

Reactions: Play

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Doughty to Winnipeg in the reverse PLD

- Schmidt (Iafallo)
- Heinola (Vilardi)
- Gustafsson (Kupari)
- 2025 1st Round Pick (2024 MTL 2nd round pick)
He has a very restrictive 7 team trade list, and I'm guessing Winnipeg isn't on it. If I had to bet who is on the list it would be Toronto and his 6 most desirable landing spots in the US.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Chychrun could be a solid target if the King's are looking to tank.
How would a guy with 1 more year left on his deal before UFA status be a good target for a tanking team?

You always have some of the most bizarre ideas.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
How would a guy with 1 more year left on his deal before UFA status be a good target for a tanking team?

Well it makes sense if Chychrun leaves and then we're left with no talent

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021

There are certain players that just have a knack at getting their teams to the bottom of the standings. Chychrun does a great job for teams bottoming out.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Don't tempted me with a Doughty is available thread. Don't open it up for actual consideration with retention talk. Oh, too late....

I'd offer the 3 1st valuation + cap dump (not Campbell either) SJ reported originally wanted for Karlsson for Drew Doughty 50% retained. Do people really not realize how good he is? LA has some issues due to Blakes player mis-management. Moving out Doughty for some futures and cap dumps to balance a trade in the cap world would be stupid on their part. They have a good team. They need a new GM and to decide the next step to right the ship. They will be a playoff team and threat during the remainder of Doughty's deal.

If Doughty is the next step, call the Oilers. That's the Ceci upgrade our top 4 is needing.

Nurse - Doughty
Ekholm - Bouchard

I wouldn't even care that we wouldn't use him on the 1st unit powerplay, he's averaging 25:54 mins a game at 34. Cut out his 3:24 PP time cause Bouchard has that and still a 20 min 5v5 and up 3 min a game on the PK guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad