Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Don't forget to include these key words :

Smurf
Big Body Presence
Playing heavy
Perimeter player
Bruins hockey

"Soft" or "Soft as butter" need to be in there too, along with <insert playername>- soft, such as "Loui Erikkson-soft :laugh:

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Let me see if I can follow along....

Give me two Heinens over Wagner... hitting and physical play is a thing of the past....

It's all about speed speed speed! Can't have those physical players lumbering around skating on cement blocks....

This isn't the 1970's anymore....

You're blocking those 18 year old prospects from playing on the fourth line....

You don't win playoff hockedy by being physical anymore, this isn't 2011....

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Let me see if I can follow along....

Give me two Heinens over Wagner... hitting and physical play is a thing of the past....

It's all about speed speed speed! Can't have those physical players lumbering around skating on cement blocks....

This isn't the 1970's anymore....

You're blocking those 18 year old prospects from playing on the fourth line....

You don't win playoff hockedy by being physical anymore, this isn't 2011....

Yeah, I take two 23 year old two-way wingers who can put up 45+ points over a 15 point 4th liner. That mock comment wasn't really good. The rest were funny though.

Reactions: Chief Nine

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Yeah, I take two 23 year old two-way wingers who can put up 45+ points over a 15 point 4th liner. That mock comment wasn't really good. The rest were funny though.

Only if that 23 year old kid can do it in the playoffs.... you know that place where physical play is meaningless......

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Only if that 23 year old kid can do it in the playoffs.... you know that place where physical play is meaningless......

I know.... That 23 year old not producing in the playoffs had nothing to do with the fact he was playing with two anchors on his line, and the whole team, besides the first line and DeBrusk, couldn't do diddly.

Also, playing Wingels, a gritty winger himself, over Heinen really worked out well for the Bruins :laugh:

Reactions: Chief Nine

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
I know.... That 23 year old not producing in the playoffs had nothing to do with the fact he was playing with two anchors on his line, and the whole team, besides the first line and DeBrusk, couldn't do diddly.

Also, playing Wingels, a gritty winger himself, over Heinen really worked out well for the Bruins :laugh:

Touchy touchy there huh? Strike a nerve....?

So which is it, 'two anchors on his line'.... or outside of the 'first line and Debrusk couldn't do didly' or some implication that the gritty Wingles should have been able to overcome all of the excuses you listed above..... or what? That's your argument against....?

One player gets the excuse of everyone else ducking and the other, since he doesn't overcome those same issues, is somehow proof positive of something you are trying to say.......?

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Well I'm glad this thread will continue to lumber on and entertain us all!

I'm still excited about Wagner. Call me stupid. I still remember fondly watching Lucic being a wrecking ball in 2013 and years prior to that. You can't tell me having at least ONE guy like that on your team doesn't at least make for some fun moments!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Touchy touchy there huh? Strike a nerve....?

Why would I be "touchy touchy" over your point about taking a 4th liner over a two way 45+ point winger with top 6 upside? You made a comment and I responded to it. That's usually how this place works. If anyone is "touchy touchy" it's you who came into the thread, read the mock comments about it, and then got all butthurt; hence your follow up post where you made a ridiculously stupid point about wanting a 4th line scrub over two heinen's lmfao

So which is it, 'two anchors on his line'.... or outside of the 'first line and Debrusk couldn't do didly' or some implication that the gritty Wingles should have been able to overcome all of the excuses you listed above..... or what? That's your argument against....?

One player gets the excuse of everyone else ducking and the other, since he doesn't overcome those same issues, is somehow proof positive of something you are trying to say.......?

There's no excuses. You can say that Heinen didn't have a good playoff, which he didn't. You can say he played with two players who also didn't have good playoffs; Nash/Backes didn't. You can say that when Wingels was put in for Heinen, he also didn't do anything; he didn't. The first line, and DeBrusk were really the only players who brought it consistently. Nothing I said was wrong.

You're really going to base 9 games from Heinen and come to the conclusion that he can't do it in the playoffs and you'd rather have a scrubby 4th line grinder in there over him because he hits! :laugh:

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Why would I be "touchy touchy" over your point about taking a 4th liner over a two way 45+ point winger with top 6 upside? You made a comment and I responded to it. That's usually how this place works. If anyone is "touchy touchy" it's you who came into the thread, read the mock comments about it, and then got all ********; hence your follow up post where you made a ridiculously stupid point about wanting a 4th line scrub over two heinen's lmfao

There's no excuses. You can say that Heinen didn't have a good playoff, which he didn't. You can say he played with two players who also didn't have good playoffs; Nash/Backes didn't. You can say that when Wingels was put in for Heinen, he also didn't do anything; he didn't. The first line, and DeBrusk were really the only players who brought it consistently. Nothing I said was wrong.

You're really going to base 9 games from Heinen and come to the conclusion that he can't do it in the playoffs and you'd rather have a scrubby 4th line grinder in there over him because he hits! :laugh:

the fact that you can identify all the other comments as mocking from one point of view yet can't see that my comments were mocking in the same way from a different point of view.... hence touchy.

You're kind doing the whole 'jumping all over things' here.

P.S. let me know when I can have opinion on players. Or an opinion on the value of physical play, k.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Man did Sweeney blow it be not re signing Tyler Randell
or
Sweeney should talk Jared Boll out of retirement,he'd look wicked pissa with Krejci

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2