Dreger: Red Wings top contender for Stamkos (UPD-staying in TB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
**** my life.

At least we have cap space though. THANK GOD.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Lol we're ****ed. Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for Kyle Okposo to sign a 7x7 deal with the Wings. :laugh:

Can't wait for the draft lottery next year, this is going to be the worst season since the 80s...

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Best case scenario if he wasn't going to Toronto or Buffalo. We know what Tampa looks like with Stamkos on it.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
So what are they gonna use that capspace for? Could have had Chychrun.....

Insert some useless 30+ scrubs for a year wont do ****

Yep, should have eaten Datsyuk's cap hit, drafted Chychrun at 16, and saved the cap space for next year. Now we are guaranteed to sign Backes/Okposo/Eriksson to way too much money. This team is an absolute mess now.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
It's not unfair what Toronto is doing. Any other team can do it, too, and Stamkos knows this. He clearly wants to go there.

Why have a cap if you can completely circumvent it like this. And like the Datsyuk deal.

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
Thought about that too. Could be McKenzie jumping the gun on hearing that Stamkos re-signed. But if thats the case, then it'd probably be a sign and trade to Toronto. No thanks.

Possibly. Let's hope he is jumping the gun. NHL confirmed the trades...this is only reported by McKenzie so far that I've seen. Could be false?

8years at 8.5 for stammer..doesnt look like a sign and trade at that rate...

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Must be nice having a General Manager that can do his job.
Holland's always been good about re-signing his players. If Stamkos wants to stay in Tampa there is really NOTHING you can blame Holland for. If he went to Toronto/Buffalo you could complain, but if he stays in Tampa he stays.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
8X8.5

That shows Stamkos wants to win.
He could've got a lot more even considering the tax difference.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Holland's always been good about re-signing his players. If Stamkos wants to stay in Tampa there is really NOTHING you can blame Holland for. If he went to Toronto/Buffalo you could complain, but if he stays in Tampa he stays.

He gambled on himself with picking up cap space and using that in free agency, and the top free agent just didn't even hit the market.

Yes I ****ing can and will blame him for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad