Speculation: Dreger on Buffalo's asking price for Myers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Not to be a jerk or anything....

But why in the heck is Tats being involved in trade proposals anymore?

Imo he's with Nyquist and Mantha as an untouchable. I understand he has his faults, but damn man, he's so exciting. He'll easily be a 25-25 guy.

Guy's an absolute possession fiend, too.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
One aspect of it may be that hardly ever is a 1st rounder traded just after the draft. I can’t see Detroit, an organization that values loyalty above anything, trading a recent 1st round pick who is also a "hometown hero.”

Holland may like the value of the said trade but it may not make enough sense in all aspects to pull the trigger.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

Imo he's with Nyquist and Mantha as an untouchable. I understand he has his faults, but damn man, he's so exciting. He'll easily be a 25-25 guy.

yeah, he shouldn't be. we would lose too much F depth with him.

i don't think pulkkinen can bring what he does.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

You have to give to get.

Nobody is going to take our trash for their stars.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Remove names, teams:

2014 mid 1st rounder + waiver wire defensemen

for

A big, RH, 24 yo defenseman with top line potential.

Who wouldn't do that deal?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Remove names, teams:

for

But the names matter. Not all mid 1st rounders are created equal. Some teams pick and draft better than others.

Plus, aren't we hearing there's also a 2015 1st round pick involved as well?

aFish

blub blub blub
Jun 23, 2014
Ontario
Remove names, teams:

for

To be fair...

A highly skilled, relentlessly fast two-way forward drafted 15th overall, 2014, a serviceable puck-moving defensemen drafted 19th overall, 2005

for

A big, RH, 24 yo defenseman with top line potential drafted 12th overall, 2008

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
If there's a 2015 1st round pick involved in addition to that, I get why Holland declined. Wings might see the upcoming draft as really deep and don't want to give that pick up.

If it was just Larkin and Kindl though, and holland declined - he should be fired immediately. That's incompetence.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
To be fair...

A highly skilled, relentlessly fast two-way forward drafted 15th overall, 2014, a serviceable puck-moving defensemen drafted 19th overall, 2005

for

:help: kindl is not this

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
If there's a 2015 1st round pick involved in addition to that, I get why Holland declined. Wings might see the upcoming draft as really deep and don't want to give that pick up.

If it was just Larkin and Kindl though, and holland declined - he should be fired immediately. That's incompetence.

I normally don't take part in the keep/fire KH war, but I agree 100% here.

aFish

blub blub blub
Jun 23, 2014
Ontario
IIRC, KH said that Larkin was among our untouchables. Wish i remember when he said it, though.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I cnat see that being the total of the acyual deal

no way that murray's #1 target in any trade of Myers is another upcoming 1st rd pick solely to give him four this june and thus significantly increase the odds he lands the franchise player that is Mcdavid

i bet the offer(if in fact their was one) was kindl, larkin and a 2015 1st rd pick. That pick is pretty much a guarnteed 12-18 pick and with so many scouts saying this years mid first round picks will be as good as previous years top ten first round picks I totally get the reluctance.

kindl is waiver fodder at this point and would solely be a cap dump for us and a roster place holder for the sabres.

I have a feeling holland values larkin very highly with his arrival time not being for another 3-4 years, its alot of time to get so much better and alot of time before room needs to be created for him(thats a factor)

so i could see kindl, larkin and a 2015 2nd

or

kindl, jurco and a 2016 1st rounder

FathaGoose

Oct 15, 2014
Everyone always complains about our future C depth and now we want to give up the one guy we have in the system who could possibly become a #1 C? That doesn't make much sense. Going back to the draft he was being compared to Kesler, and Dreger can company said they would expect him to be a captain in the NHL someday. Our new system is to play fast. Larkin definitely fits that mold.

I'd rather trade away or call up one of Ouellet, Jensen, or Marchenko then send Larkin away. We have a ton of good young D, not to much with good young C's.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
I guess I'm in a minority by doing so, but I agree in not willing to trade him away. Being fully aware that it seems to be a no brainer for many around here,
I'm not convinced yet to give up a promising C like him for Myers.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
To be fair...

for

Just stop. I can't believe people are still trying to defend this trade decline. If that's what was offered, and right now we don't know anything else was added, the 1st rounder is just speculation at this point, then for me its a no brainer you make the trade. I mean c'mon people, what in the world are you willing to give up for Meyers if not this. I think this is as good as it gets for us deal wise.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Just stop. I can't believe people are still trying to defend this trade decline. If that's what was offered, and right now we don't know anything else was added, the 1st rounder is just speculation at this point, then for me its a no brainer you make the trade. I mean c'mon people, what in the world are you willing to give up for Meyers if not this. I think this is as good as it gets for us deal wise.

It is equally speculative to suggest that is all Buffalo asked for a solid young player that they don't really need to move. If you want to believe that is all that was demanded, be my guest. I, however, am not about to drink that Kool-Aid.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
But the names matter. Not all mid 1st rounders are created equal. Some teams pick and draft better than others.

Plus, aren't we hearing there's also a 2015 1st round pick involved as well?

The 1st 2015 would obviously change the dynamic of the trade, but I think people are just assuming it is part of the deal because just Larkin and Kindl would be a huge win for the Wings for Myers.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
It is equally speculative to suggest that is all Buffalo asked for a solid young player that they don't really need to move. If you want to believe that is all that was demanded, be my guest. I, however, am not about to drink that Kool-Aid.

My main point was the peoples argument to not trade Larkin. I don't see the justification in not trading him in a package for Meyers. Sure if there are picks and other things involved then ok, pass on the trade. But when Larkin is the main piece, I think we gotta jump all over that.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Larkin, Mrazek, and Mantha should all be off the table. Larkin is our only legit top 6 C prospect right now. Pav and Z ain't getting younger, we are going to need Larkin sooner than most think.

I think Holland wants to package one of his D-spects (probably Sproul) with a 1st (possibly 2016) and something else like a 2015 2nd or a prospect of similar value.

So...

Sproul
2016 1st
2015 2nd

or

Sproul
2015 1st
2016 2nd

+ whatever cap dump (Kindl, tho he has been playing better) is needed to make it work cap wise.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
My main point was the peoples argument to not trade Larkin. I don't see the justification in not trading him in a package for Meyers. Sure if there are picks and other things involved then ok, pass on the trade. But when Larkin is the main piece, I think we gotta jump all over that.

we would. I don't see the inclusion of the 2015 1st changing that, either. A guy like Myers radically changes our blueline, and does it for the next 10 years. Also, I don't have any faith in Buffalo developing Larkin right anyway.

Last year, he certainly was not. So far this year? I'd say he is. Two years ago? I'd say he was.

Kindl's getting less than 15 minutes a night. He'd be having serious problems if he didn't look at least passable at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad