Speculation: Dreger on Buffalo's asking price for Myers

Status
Not open for further replies.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Despite his hot start, I'm still skeptical that he'll prove to be anything special and worth his 4.5 million contract.

But right now he is proving you and the other 5 dudes/chicks right. The guy I wanted Kenny to throw a big contract at was Ehroff, but glad he didn't now. I think 5 years would have been too long for him just like Stralman's current contract would be bad for Detroit in the long run.

Its not about his hot start. NYR play a similiar style man on man defense that the wings do. Also he played well with all 3 of the other top 4 d. He at 4.5 per is gonna be a ****ing steal as a tweener 2/3 d similiar to how Kronner is gonna be the best cost #1 d in the league. With the rising cap starting next year onward 2nd pairing d are gonna start running 5 million per year and continuing to increase each year. With the wings if he where signed I wouldn't expect a ton of offense however he would reliably produce 30-35 under a Babcock coached team.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Its not about his hot start. NYR play a similiar style man on man defense that the wings do. Also he played well with all 3 of the other top 4 d. He at 4.5 per is gonna be a ****ing steal as a tweener 2/3 d similiar to how Kronner is gonna be the best cost #1 d in the league. With the rising cap starting next year onward 2nd pairing d are gonna start running 5 million per year and continuing to increase each year. With the wings if he where signed I wouldn't expect a ton of offense however he would reliably produce 30-35 under a Babcock coached team.

I thought the cap was actually speculated of going down next year?

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
One posted decided to use Kesler and Luongo as a comparison. Lol :laugh:

easy now

no reason to act like a tough guy

I said very few if any name players who have been traded in the last decade have brought back significant return(from thornton to luongo and kesler)

it dose not matter why the player was traded, those reasons only matter if a player isnt traded, once a team decides to trade a guy(IF THEY DO) the return almost always is a fraction of what hfboad posters think

your reasons for why buffalo shouldnt trade myers are ONLY valid should they keep him, the second they were to decide to move him those factors become irrelevant(otherwise they wouldnt be willing to trade him)

NHL trades are easily predictable

CerealKiller

Oct 25, 2014
I might be in the minority here, but I don't want to trade Larkin off. I was so happy when we drafted him and I honestly don't see Myers as worth it right now. The price tag is way too high IMO to begin with.
I am with you here, I like the guy and kinda wanna keep him. I don't value Myers anywhere near this high to begin with.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
easy now

no reason to act like a tough guy

I said very few if any name players who have been traded in the last decade have brought back significant return(from thornton to luongo and kesler)

it dose not matter why the player was traded, those reasons only matter if a player isnt traded, once a team decides to trade a guy(IF THEY DO) the return almost always is a fraction of what hfboad posters think

your reasons for why buffalo shouldnt trade myers are ONLY valid should they keep him, the second they were to decide to move him those factors become irrelevant(otherwise they wouldnt be willing to trade him)

NHL trades are easily predictable

Which means exactly what I said before. To get Sabres interested in trading Myers, then Holland needs to start dangling Mantha or Nyquist + more in front of their noses to get them interested in trading their 24 year old 6'8" former Calder winner.

You have to give to get. And Myers isn't going to be had without some kind of great package being returned; not scraps. The cost would be players/prospects and picks that would piss off every DRWs fan. Thats what it's going to take.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Don't believe it's going to go down, but it could stay same for another year, if that Canadian Dollar stays at weak level against American dollar. If CAD will rise up again, also cap could rise. Don't know yet how the money market will evolve during the season.

http://www.x-rates.com/graph/?from=CAD

Last edited:

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi

At worst the cap stays where it is at next year. But the cap should barring no economic collapses steadily rise 2.5-3 million per year. Which means the average top 4 d or top 6 forward (not top pairing or top line) will have a steady increase in term per year of around .5 million a year like has been the case for the past 2-3 years. If the cap jumps by 5 million dependent on a good year of gains for the league you are looking at close to a 1 million per year raise for top6 or top 4 players.

The key with ufa's will be for teams going forward to accurately scout who would fit there teams needs and sign them to 4-5 year deals at a locked in rate that will get better each year. 4-5 million at least right now won't kill a team provided the player actually ****ing plays as intended when signed (who am I talking about here hmm.... :sarcasm:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad