Speculation: Dreger on Buffalo's asking price for Myers

Status
Not open for further replies.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Myers for Larkin and Kindl: Declined?

so I am scratching my head at this one. According to Darren Dreger, it WAS Mantha, Kindl, and a 1st. And now it is Kindl and Larkin, but Holland still turns it down?

To me, this is a steal and a no brainer. Unless Larkin is somehow projected to be a number one center in the league. And Larkin could still potentially sign with Detroit if he pulls a Justin Schultz.

Can anyone make sense od this?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
At this point I doubt Detroit is interested and any speculation about the asking price is just that: speculation.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
so I am scratching my head at this one. According to Darren Dreger, it WAS Mantha, Kindl, and a 1st. And now it is Kindl and Larkin, but Holland still turns it down?

To me, this is a steal and a no brainer. Unless Larkin is somehow projected to be a number one center in the league. And Larkin could still potentially sign with Detroit if he pulls a Justin Schultz.

Can anyone make sense od this?
I think it was Larkin, Kindl, 1st. Holland is probably saying the 2015 first is off limits and that's what killed the deal.

But... hey. Good to know Larkin has that kind of value.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Guessing nobody is more surprised by this asking price being reported by Dregger than Holland.:laugh:

I seriously doubt it. Is interesting if Buffalo values Larkin this highly though, I think there must have been more like the 2015 1st rounder.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
If that was the deal I'd make it in a heartbeat but if we had to add in our 2015 1st I don't think I would make that trade. Myers is good but right now he's a #3 on a contender and he hasn't exactly been a world beater the past couple of seasons. If the Wings are super high on Larkin and view him as a very good #2C in his prime then I can see why they are hesitant to move him, especially if they only view Myers as a #3/4 dman.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
If Holland declined a pick next year, a (projected middle 6) player who's 4 years out of playing in the NHL, and useless Kindl for an immediate upgrade at defense, he's out of his ****ing mind.

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
If Holland declined a pick next year, a (projected middle 6) player who's 4 years out of playing in the NHL, and useless Kindl for an immediate upgrade at defense, he's out of his ****ing mind.

No, Myers is not worth the 2014 1st and 2015 1st picks (both are of unknown quantity) just to take a player off our roster that we could just assume waive.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I might be in the minority here, but I don't want to trade Larkin off. I was so happy when we drafted him and I honestly don't see Myers as worth it right now. The price tag is way too high IMO to begin with.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
If that was the asking price I have a hard time understanding why Myers isn't in a Wings jersey.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I might be the minority here, but I wouldn't trade Larkin, he will soon be more untouchable than Mantha.

I'd do Tatar and Jurco+ instead.

That would definitely make you in the minority because I really doubt anyone else on here is willing to do that.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Not to be a jerk or anything....

But why in the heck is Tats being involved in trade proposals anymore?

Imo he's with Nyquist and Mantha as an untouchable. I understand he has his faults, but damn man, he's so exciting. He'll easily be a 25-25 guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad