TSN: Dreger on Andreas Johnsson's contract (hot take alert)

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
That's your uninformed opinion based on nothing, and you know that everybody would have destroyed Dubas even more and you yourself would have had a million things to complain about. If anything, the whole Nylander stuff could have just as easily pushed Matthews towards signing a contract because he saw that this management was willing to go to the very last minute to get what they needed for the team, and he saw how destructive to his career missing time at this age could be.

Fact is, Matthews could essentially demand whatever he wanted. How exactly does Nylander getting paid or not affect what Matthews wants? It doesn't; they are on completely different levels. You're applying a false narrative to a theoretical scenario with nothing to support it, because you don't like the end result and your fandom can't bring you to blame the real reason for your unhappiness, the player.

Based on what? You can make whatever incorrect argument you want about Matthews and Nylander, but they are core pieces and have different levels of leverage and importance to the team. There has not been a single support player that Dubas has overpaid. In fact, I'm pretty sure other than those two, and Tavares, who took a multi-million dollar per year discount after Dubas' impressive presentation, all of his signings have essentially been league minimum.

Based on the reported numbers that the Leafs have on Kapanen and Johnsson, they understand that you pay your core pieces, even if it's a little more than you want, and that lets you stand strong on the supporting pieces.

Yeah, you're right. That trickle down effect of Tavares, a star player with all the options in the world, taking less money to play in Toronto, really brought down the cost of Matthews and Nylander and Marner, right?
what makes your opinion more valid then mine, are you Bob MacKenzie's brother from another mother?

only if the GM's a pushover.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
what makes your opinion more valid then mine, are you Bob MacKenzie's brother from another mother?

only if the GM's a pushover.
Interesting how you question the validity of my statements, while running away from and refusing to answer the questions that you have before you, which may give more insight into your baffling position.

You made a statement that makes a claim, and then failed to support it at all. It is on you to prove that your statement is correct, or at least answer the questions that support your take on the situation, which you have not done in the slightest.

Whether or not you believe my opinions and facts, I explain them and they are supported by a a ton of historical precedent and relevant information that we actually know.

Actually, funny enough, Bob Mckenzie himself has said the exact same thing as me multiple times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad