Speculation: Dreger: Most Think Ulf is Next Carolina Head Coach (Edit: Not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

Wonder if the report is only half right and he gets a HC gig but for the Penguins and not the Hurricanes, how quickly the sentiments on this board about his tenure here will be.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I guess I'm in the minority as far as his coaching skills. I wasn't overly impressed with what I saw this year. McD had a fantastic year but I thought that was more a result of AV's system than defensive coaching. Girardi was good early but not at the end. Staal and Stralman were up and down and Moore seemed to improve once the Rangers traded for Klein.

Good for him. As an assistant, you should be able to move freely when a head coaching position opens up. I just hope it is with Carolina and not Pittsburgh.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Also heard today that the Canes have asked LA permission to talk to their asst. John Stevens. Doesn't sound to me like they've made up their mind.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I guess I'm in the minority as far as his coaching skills. I wasn't overly impressed with what I saw this year. McD had a fantastic year but I thought that was more a result of AV's system than defensive coaching. Girardi was good early but not at the end. Staal and Stralman were up and down and Moore seemed to improve once the Rangers traded for Klein.

Good for him. As an assistant, you should be able to move freely when a head coaching position opens up. I just hope it is with Carolina and not Pittsburgh.

Those two statements seem to contradict themselves slightly, no?

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Those two statements seem to contradict themselves slightly, no?

No, considering the Rangers just played Pittsburgh in a playoff series, he would be privy to the Rangers game plan in the playoffs. I would think that inside information would be helpful if he became coach for Pittsburgh.

I think Pittsburgh will be for the next few years, a bigger threat to the Rangers than the Hurricanes.

Championship*

Others have said it here, good for him but bad for us. Maybe Carolina owes us one in a trade later on down the line for giving him permission to talk to them haha :)

Wolfy*

I understand Carolina's GM is a good personal friend of Ulf, then it should be a no brainer.

To replace him...Torts is available. Hire him? Then we should have a perfect balance within the coaching staff :D

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I understand Carolina's GM is a good personal friend of Ulf, then it should be a no brainer.

To replace him...Torts is available. Hire him? Then we should have a perfect balance within the coaching staff :D

Nothing wrong with a little good cop bad cop :laugh:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Rimer: Ulf Meeting With Carolina Brass Today

According to Josh Rimer, Ulf Samuelsson is in Carolina today to meet with Ron Francis and the Carolina ownership group.

Rimer says all signs point to Samuelsson getting head coaching job in Carolina and he expects an announcement within the next couple days.

Rimer also reports that the Penguins are interested in Willie Desjardins, as well as Ulf Samuelsson. That could have some impact on the Rangers, as Willie Desjardins was believed to be one of the two front-runners for the head coaching job in Vancouver, along with John Stevens (who received a promotion to stay in Los Angeles). The Canucks asked for permission to speak with Rangers’ associate coach Scott Arniel earlier this week, so if they strike out on Desjardins, they may turn their attention towards the Rangers’ second in command.

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 6m
Hearing DET asst coach Bill Peters is leading candidate to be named head coach in CAR.

Hopefully we can keep Ulf.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I don't think the Canucks are interested in Ulf. Penguins could hire him though.

I see. Then we finally have our inside man to ruin Crosby

good.jpg~c200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad