Speculation: Dreger: Most Think Ulf is Next Carolina Head Coach (Edit: Not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
This is always a tough time of the year, especially when a team is so close to winning the chip. I love Ulf and his defensive minded theories.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Good for Ulfie, awful for us. He did wonders with the defense throughout the year. Can't blame him if he takes it though. He deserves it.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Damn... I hope he doesn't get the job even though he probably deserves it. He is one of my favorite Rangers of all time (although admittedly, I usually like the players that aren't the most popular).

If he does go, I would like to nominate myself for the job. I have absolutely no experience coaching hockey but I have been playing the NHL series since 1993 so there's that. Add to the fact that I'll do it for a low low salarly of like $300K and I think I may have a chance....

Vidic15*

If so, it's the second friggin time this guy has abandon us.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Excuse me for being negative, but all I've read over the last 2 days is how we're losing this player, this player, this player and now Ulf for nothing. Its not looking good.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
he works with our D and our PK right?

Our D has been elite for years.

our pk has been elite for years.

weve had like 3 different coaches coaching that aspect over that time.

as long as you have mcd, girardi, staal, stralman, and henrik, or some combination of those guys, you'll be an elite defensive team. i fail to see how Ulf suddenly is bowman.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Dramatics!

Teams lose assistant coaches all the time. Did the Red Wings suffer horribly when Todd McLellan left?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
he works with our D and our PK right?

Our D has been elite for years.

our pk has been elite for years.

weve had like 3 different coaches coaching that aspect over that time.

as long as you have mcd, girardi, staal, stralman, and henrik, or some combination of those guys, you'll be an elite defensive team. i fail to see how Ulf suddenly is bowman.
Hire Sullivan!

*Bob Richards*

Damn. Sucks because I liked Ulfie but you have to feel good for the guy. He's getting an awesome opportunity. Shame that it has to possibly be a division rival though. :rant:

BarbaraAlphanse

If Beuk comes up, it's hard not to believe that McIlrath gets more than a fair trial next season. He just came out and said that he's ready for the big leagues.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Would like to see him stay, but he's leaving for a good reason. New challenge, more responsibility, etc. Loved him as a Ranger player and coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad